Your top 5 paramore songs ever!

At first, I always thoguht I wanted more screaming. I've changed my mind and I'm going to detail why.

It's a step backwards. And one in the wrong direction back at that. It was dropped in the first place, and I actually prefer Riot for it. The screaming was gimmicky at best on AWKIF and that's why, I think, it was pulled from the final Emergency mix. AWKIF could have had a lot more screaming on it, I'd be willing to bet they phased it all out. If they return to it - fine, good on them. But I, for one, won't be surprised if album #3 has no screaming, and part of me will be glad.

At first, I always thoguht I wanted more screaming. I've changed my mind and I'm going to detail why.

It's a step backwards. And one in the wrong direction back at that. It was dropped in the first place, and I actually prefer Riot for it. The screaming was gimmicky at best on AWKIF and that's why, I think, it was pulled from the final Emergency mix. AWKIF could have had a lot more screaming on it, I'd be willing to bet they phased it all out. If they return to it - fine, good on them. But I, for one, won't be surprised if album #3 has no screaming, and part of me will be glad.

No offence to all at Paramore whatsoever, but come on of course there'll be no more screaming. They've had a taste of the mainstream and don't want to lose the gimmicks of it.

No offence to all at Paramore whatsoever, but come on of course there'll be no more screaming. They've had a taste of the mainstream and don't want to lose the gimmicks of it.

Bands can have mainstream success with screaming. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus sold over 1 million copies of "Don't You Fake It" in the States, which is an album which has, todays definition of, screaming consistantly throughout. and that was, effectively, their debut! Paramore have already broke through, they've got the Platinum CD, people WILL buy album #3 regardless of inclusion of screaming or not. They won't all of a sudden out of the mainstream because they decide to bring back a gimmick they should have left in the past.

Bands can have mainstream success with screaming. The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus sold over 1 million copies of "Don't You Fake It" in the States, which is an album which has, todays definition of, screaming consistantly throughout. and that was, effectively, their debut! Paramore have already broke through, they've got the Platinum CD, people WILL buy album #3 regardless of inclusion of screaming or not. They won't all of a sudden out of the mainstream because they decide to bring back a gimmick they should have left in the past.

Really? Well BRING BACK SCREAMING. :D

YES!

Refused wanted them back first :shifty:

Yeah when I heard the original Born For This I loved that song, and was looking forward to listening to it on Riot, but then they put that line in about "we want the airwaves back" which I thought was crap and killed the song for me personally.

"We want the airwaves back" part sucks. :o

I have the pre-riot version too, and It's much more better. :)

Good man (y)