I wrote to Drum! magazine..

The Drummer

Haha, yeah, he really does, actually all the boys deserve one of their own, because Hayley is too mainstream and imo It's not a good thing for her and for the band.

Good initiative. :P

To be honest, Josh and Jeremy don't "stick out" as much on their instrument as Zac does.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I am a drummer.. but Zac is outstanding at drums, especially for his age.

Josh and Jeremy seem average compared to Zac.

To be honest, Josh and Jeremy don't "stick out" as much on their instrument as Zac does.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I am a drummer.. but Zac is outstanding at drums, especially for his age.

Agreed.

I've never seen anyone his age that can play that well.

Josh and Jeremy also don't play the drums.

Jeremy is an amazing bassist. Hands down.

• 1 month later...
When did I say they played drums? :???:

You said that they were "average" compared to Zac.

They all play different instruments. Jeremy and Josh are great at what they do. So is Zac. They'ew 3 different people at 3 different levels of guitar, bass, and drums.

yes. YES.

I agree that he is an amazing drummer! Zac was the first drummer that ever stuck out of the music for me, so I guess he is doing something better than most. :) Hard to tell because I don't really know much about drumming! And their recent stuff shows that he is still improving leaps and bounds. Songs like Decode have really interesting drumming that are fun to listen on their own, and all those subtle tricks, syncopation etc just put a wide smile on my face as an old prog freak.

I hope the new album expands their sound a bit, leaving room for more experimental drumming, but right now, he is doing an awesome work within the framework of mainstream rock, so I'm happy either way. :)