Hot People Thread - Part 2

thebrowncoat

But his version was kind of a fail.

He's talented, yes... but the fact that he even attempted that song is wrong on so many levels.

If you saw the video, him even performing the song was unplanned.

I'm getting a laugh at the fact he's being viewed as talented.

What? If he wasn't talented he wouldn't be where he is today.

If you saw the video, him even performing the song was unplanned.

What? If he wasn't talented he wouldn't be where he is today.

1. He didn't just whip the song out of nowhere, he had evidently practised it before hand. He may not have had the intention of playing it before going to the show, but it doesn't mean he didn't know how to play it.

2. If you seriously believe that then you are incredibly deluded. In today's "scene" it's not what you can play but more:

a) who you know

B) how you look

Case in point: Metro Station. Platinum single, nearly gold debut album. They are about as talented at what they do as I am giving birth. Granted part b isn't quite as applicable to this band because they all genuinely look like they belong on the set of Babe or some other farmyard related production. But they have connections which is how they achieved their success.

Mr. Drew isn't particularly talented, what he does is dime-a-dozen and he's not exactly brilliant at it either. The real reason he's managed to get anywhere is that he has a managing company who seen the value in a young kid that would make younger kids froth at the gash because of his looks. Sure, his music's fairly pleasing and yes, there's obviously a mediocum of talent to him else he would be unable to play his instruments but to suggest he is talented and how he is where he is then you're horribly wide of the mark.

EDIT: Just like to say, aside from the whole TBS incident, I don't exactly have a 'problem' with him.

1. He didn't just whip the song out of nowhere, he had evidently practised it before hand. He may not have had the intention of playing it before going to the show, but it doesn't mean he didn't know how to play it.

2. If you seriously believe that then you are incredibly deluded. In today's "scene" it's not what you can play but more:

a) who you know

B) how you look

Case in point: Metro Station. Platinum single, nearly gold debut album. They are about as talented at what they do as I am giving birth. Granted part b isn't quite as applicable to this band because they all genuinely look like they belong on the set of Babe or some other farmyard related production. But they have connections which is how they achieved their success.

Mr. Drew isn't particularly talented, what he does is dime-a-dozen and he's not exactly brilliant at it either. The real reason he's managed to get anywhere is that he has a managing company who seen the value in a young kid that would make younger kids froth at the gash because of his looks. Sure, his music's fairly pleasing and yes, there's obviously a mediocum of talent to him else he would be unable to play his instruments but to suggest he is talented and how he is where he is then you're horribly wide of the mark.

EDIT: Just like to say, aside from the whole TBS incident, I don't exactly have a 'problem' with him.

I know what you're saying. And I agree 100%.

No sir. He's a complete jerk.

Totally unattractive because of it too.

He was nice when I saw him live.

But I have heard some things of him.

I just like to think otherwise. :mrgreen:

I'm actually listening to him right now.