Rock One - January

OliDayyy

Yeah, Paramore (well... Hayley...) in on the cover of a French Magazine! What a revolution!! ahah

Anyway, for the moment I've just the cover, but, be sure I'll post the scans of the article once I have it!

It's supposed to be an interview of Hayley and Jeremy.

2236705843_1.jpg

You're welcome everyone!

I've translated some parts of the interview for the LJ community:

Many people thought that it was the end of Paramore during this break, which is risked in a music career. But you went back and you had a lot of success...

Hayley- We all thought for a moment that the band was over. We had some personal issues and it could have stopped us. But we quickly understood that it was very important for us, and that we will never be able to play in another band.

I think the main problem and the cause of this break was that we grew up, and we didn't know how to react to this. Now it's over and we are stronger. Thank God we didn't give up, it wouldn't have worthed it and we would have had regrets. We just need to grow upn simply.

Hayley, being a model for many teenagers, do you pay attention to what you say and what you do?

Hayley- At the beginning, I did, but now I don't want to be controlled. I've never done something bad or compromising, I don't go to parties. We have positive values, and some artists use the fact that they hold a mic and feel the need to tell to the people what to think. I won't change and I don't want that people like a kind of character. When I meet my fans after the shows, I'm cool with them and I don't force things, we have to stay ourselves.

On the dvd we can feel the pressure before the last tour, so you must have some pressure for the next record...

Hayley- Not really. I want to enjoy our songs before taking care that other people like it. We rely on our fans to support us. We always want to be the best and they know that.

Jeremy- I am! I feel the pressure, by our fans, our label, the band. We'll use this pressure to write the best songs possible, we'll make something positive of it. We'll just need to forget a little bit everything that happens around us, and work on our songs.

You have a particular place in the music scene, you went popular while you kept your punk-rock audience. It's unusual...

Hayley- Yeah, that's amazing to have the opportunity to play in a big show organized by a huge pop radio; and two days later being in an alternative festival. At both shows, the crowd was incredible. It means a lot to us. We are in front of some kids fans of pop, and some others who wear punk shirts. We love it.

I think that even if we are successful, we aren't made by MTV, but thanks to the tours we've done. And people who like our music aren't mad about us selling records and being on tv. I'm happy to have these fans.

Jeremy- It's very cool, we talked about it last week end. Friday, we played at a festival with r&b artists, and on Sunday, we are with bands like Death Cab For Cutie, The Cure or The Killers. It's great to have fans from different sides, mainstream and indie. But I've never considered the band as nothing but pop rock. It's the best description I think. We have some fans who like pop, and others, rock. I find it difficult to put our band into a precise style.

You relationship with the fans is showed in the dvd, it's seen how you hang out with them, like friends. You never had some incontrolled situations?

Hayley- Yes, sure. It often happens, but it's okay. We don't have security around us, we don't play a role when we are with our fans, they're like our friends. I don't feel myself different from them at all. When I'm home, I go to concerts in little venues, I support the local scene. I think that our personality can be felt in our music, and that's one of the reasons why people like us. We never changed, we are the same as when we began. That's something I'm proud about. A lot of bands change, intentionally or not. I'm happy it didn't happen.

Sorry if there are mistakes, I'm not used to translate from French to English!

I can translate the rest if you're interested :]