Obama day!

Sophie_*!

:???:

http://www.bushgame.com explains it a lot better than I could.

nothing bad has happened to the USA since 9/11

That's why I like Republicans, they are harsh and they are honest. Democrats try and give "civil rights" to everyone because they are weak and think it's nice to give everyone, even those like islamic terrorists, rights. Teenagers like ones on this forum and at my school are ignorant and are all like "omg dont kill dont be bad everyone should be treated equally boo hoo"

Well look what has happened to the UK, under a leftist government. They have been so soft, so soft on EVERYONE. Now what? Immigrants all over London, and they are taking over. Govt says something against them, an up roar occurs. Don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I've lived there up until 2007, and I visited in 2008, and I've been watching news still and reading articles....it's completely messy.

I'm sorry, but there's a line you should draw to how nice you are, as bad as it may sound

We should be harsh, we should keep GITMO and Guantanamo, and be harsh on interrogation. But no, Obama already wants to get rid of all three. go on yahoo.com, found the article. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_rdp

it's been 2 days and America's fked already.

Bush got voted in again, since 9/11. Worst possible thing that could happen to a country.

Are you choosing to ignore the fact that the Bush administration happily forked over $53 million over to the Taliban?

It's clear you didn't check the Bush game, so here's a quick summary of a few points:

http://bushgame.com/g1.html - By the end of Clinton's term, America was in $236 billion surplus, with Clinton creating 18 million new jobs. When Bush came into power, he reveresed that and put America into $500 billion deficit. The largest deficit in the history of the US. This was caused by giving massive amounts of tax cuts that served only to make the rich richer.

http://bushgame.com/g2.html - As soon as Bush was in power, he gave 1.3 billion back to the rich and spent 2.5 trillion that Clinton had put aside to bail America out of predicted social security problems. Bush promised he wouldn't touch it, but spent it within his first year. Spent mostly on tax cut for the rich and the war. Goes into more detail on what he wasted the money on in the game. 11 trillion dollars pretty much down the drain in just 4 years.

http://bushgame.com/g3.html - One tax cut that Bush gave to the rich, that hardly had any effect on any other class, was the Estate Tax. He claimed that he was repealing the tax because poor farmers were losing their farms to pay the tax, however, no farmer has ever lost his farm because of that tax. On the flip side, the rich were bieng let off from paying millions of dollars inheritance tax, whereas the poor were hardly paying anything, anyway, and were let off from paying almost nothing at all, in comparison.

http://bushgame.com/g4.html - In 2001, 41% of 1.3 trillion tax cuts going into the pockets of the richest 20%, whereas only 2% going to the poorest 20%. In 2003, 71% of tax cuts were going to the richest 20%, whilst only 1% to the poorest.

http://bushgame.com/g7.html - Bush knew of a loophole to avoid having to pay any tax. All you had to do was have a mailbox in one of any tropical islands off the coast of America. Of course, only the rich corporations would be able to afford to be able to do this. Bush did absolutly nothing to correct this, having used this loophole when he was in charge of Harken Energy. This loophole costed America $70 billion a year, which the poor ended up having to pay out.

http://bushgame.com/g8.html - Too much contained in this one, can't be bothered to summarise it.

http://bushgame.com/g9.html - Same as above.

Still think Bush was an ok president?

We may be swamped in immigrants, and I'm not defending Labour, I hate them jus' as much, but at one point it was 2:1 dollars to GPB. Bush fucked America long before Obama was elected, there's a lot of damage for him to repair and it's not gonna happen in just two days.

On that dreadful day we had to gather around in our homerooms at school to watch this dreadful thing. To be honest, I barely paid any mind to it. My English class had to write an essay on the historical event and I just smudged a bunch of stuff together, whilst making sure to clarify that I am not an Obama supporter.

I hope he does well, simply because if he goes down this country does as well. I'd much rather be proven wrong in all my thoughts than have them be true and this country crumble.

Sanguis; I just read your post but since i have a class in 30 minutes, I'll try to keep my comments brief.

1. There was never a surplus. We broke even. That site told you lies. There were whole committes made to figure out what how we were going to spend the money but in fact the surplus never came.

2. Objection, Bush was in office for eight years not four and we are currently at around a 11 trillion deficit. War costs money but the democrats in congress also spend a ton of money on pork barrel projects (think the bridge to nowhere) and are currently wanting to spend a trillion a more (even bush didn't spend a trillion dollars in a month). It will Obama not Bush that will have mindlessly spent 11 trillion dollars within four years (at least we know where the money went during Bush's presidency). The middle class also had tax cuts (only way I know this is that my family is middle class) and they did help a little bit. The top-down philsophy is classic republican. So therefore instead of dissing just Bush, you're dissing the entire republican party(give tax refunds to the poor and they'll continue to sit on their asses, give them to the rich and they'll have the cash to create new business and hence jobs)

3. Don't remember the Estate tax and I really don't have time to look it up. However, as I've said before its classic Republican to give breaks to the rich. However, in Obamas new stimulus plan the cut off for the rich is not 250,000 but 75,000. yup thats right if you make 75,000 a year you're considered rich under Obamas plan and will get taxes shoved up your ass (as you can see I'm more anti Obama then pro Bush).

4. You are trying to show a comparsion but it fails miserably because the tax cuts given to the poor only decreases one percent(I'm assuming the stats come from Jan 2001 when Clinton was still in office). Basically , if my assumption is right, the poor didn't have that many more tax breaks on Clinton then Bush. Also to prove your point you need more recent data.

5. This falls into the same category as 9/11 was inside job and such. It is merely rumor and theres not CREDIBLE evidence to state that this is true. A game is definitely not credible evidence.

6-7. as i've said i may do them later but i have to go to class soon.

8. Its true that Obama has a lot of work to do but it was not all caused by Bush. The democrats over-spending (especially when they had the majority from 2006-2008) caused this as well as the American people themselves (spending too much, not taking responsibility, buying houses they can't afford. We can't expect the government to bail out the American people and American have to get their heads out of the gutter and spend wisely (not mindlessly) and sacrifice a few things before the economy gets back on track. I suggest you read up on presidents in the Gilded Age (1877-1890) because those are true examples of what a bad president is (for example 1/8 of the population had 7/8 of the money).

I've followed up on their sources. It's not a lie.

"for example 1/8 of the population had 7/8 of the money" That's exactly what Bush was trying to achieve. Increase the gap between poor and rich. Make the rich richer, at the expense of the poor, strengthening the class divide. Bush couldn't give a crap about the poorer classes, so long as his family can keep their millions, they don't really care if their policies are costing America jobs. Forcing poorer classes to work double the hours for minimum wage. Surely if their top down policies worked, there would be more jobs available at a higher minimum wage. No, Bush's policies, instead, make people work longer hours, instead of two people working half the hours. Where are Bush's tax cuts for the rich going? Nowhere, they're staying in the rich's off-shore accounts, where they evade taxation.

Play through the game. Check their sources. Almost everything contained in it that I've checked up on is factual and they explain it a lot better than I can.

Sorry, but the majority of your post was poorly written, seemingly had nothing to do with anything I posted. I got what I could from it, but not a lot of it made any sense. Seems like you're saying what you think Obama will do wrong, instead of addressing what Bush has already done wrong, which was what my post was about.

• Like 1