Songs that have grown on you?

Parame

Makes perfect sense. I think thats the great thing about music, people can interpret the lyrics however they like. It doesn't matter if it was written about something else.

I mean, they could have written a "God, I love you, my heart belongs to you" sort of song, but obviously there can be no interpretation for the listeners.

So, for them it's about God, for us its about, well whatever we want it to be lol.

Ah, I love that about music. It can speak a thousand different languages to each person :willy_nilly:

Yeah, you're right, exactly. That is why, for me, music is such a great passion, even in an insturmental, just the way it's played, I can feel I relate to that song, you know? It doesn't really matter what the lyrics say, it's your own personal interpretation.

First songs that came to my mind are "When It Rains" and "Miracle!" It took a good while before I even remembered the basic structures of the songs! So yeah, not all songs struck me like a hundred rabbits straight away. But that's a characteristic that unites all my favourite bands. You keep finding more and more stuff to appreciate as you delve deeper into the artist. Best moments are when you go "wow, haven't noticed that before!" Now that's a sign of good songwriting! (Or optionally a sign of an oblivious listener, but let's not get into that right now :))

When I first listened to All We Know Is Falling, I actually thought that Franklin was some kind of outro to Conspiracy. :) I was listening to the whole album straight through so I didn't pay attention to when tracks changed. "Wow, this song just goes on and on"

Imagine the disappointment when I found out that it was actually a whole new song. I never disliked the song but it has grown on me substantially. It is so much fun to play and sing, and it doesn't require any vocal cord acrobatics.

And the way it flows from one chord to the next... exactly the same reason I like My Heart's acoustic version so much. There are these two notes which are kept in place with every new chord, resulting in some weird tonalities, but the effect is there anyway. Once I noticed that, my appreciation for Franklin went through the roof.