I WISH I WAS AS TALENTED AS ZAC!!!

Parame

• 3 weeks later...
sorry to piss on your fire, but hes not that great tbh.

Of course you could tell us why...

Naturally you can have your opinion, but the way you said it...it will come across as "pissing on the fire" and you know it. Why bother? Why can't you keep your controversial opinions to yourself if you have nothing interesting to add? Maybe list a few reasons why he isn't that great? That way you would be actually arguing, and not just trying to stir up unnecessary fights/bad mood.

Of course you could tell us why...

Naturally you can have your opinion, but the way you said it...it will come across as "pissing on the fire" and you know it. Why bother? Why can't you keep your controversial opinions to yourself if you have nothing interesting to add? Maybe list a few reasons why he isn't that great? That way you would be actually arguing, and not just trying to stir up unnecessary fights/bad mood.

agreed

Well yeah, like I said somewhere else, this is mainstream rock we are talking about. You can't really tell much about Zac's or anyone else's abilities in this kind of music where drumming is pretty straight forward and even predictable.

"The only thing he has going for him is that all the other drummers in the genre are too samey and predictable"

Straight from the horse's mouth! That's why me and probably most of us here hold him in such a high esteem. Because he CAN make the drumming interesting in otherwise so simple music.

It's a different game when we talk about the likes of Mike Portnoy or Thomas Haake. Their respective bands' music is something so insane that they get to showcase their true capabilities in almost every song. And surprise surprise, they have been named the greatest metal drummers in the world numerous times.

There are a few spots in Paramore's catalogue where you can see Zac's abilities but those are so few and far between that he rarely gets the spotlight. Some of us appreciate those little moments, some of us don't. :)

So where I'm trying to get to here... You can only tell someone is a mediocre drummer if there's visible spots in songs where you go "well, that didn't sound so great"

Maybe there are some of those moments in Paramore songs! I won't say there isn't.

I will only say that I can't find any.

what i was getting at is he is nothing special, hes just someone who has practiced a lot, you get people who have a gift, and people who practice, he is the latter, i wish i was as good as clapton at guitar, but ive not got that raw talent he has, just practice, there is a difference, and you can tell it. also dont get sand in your vagina just cause i said i dont think hes amazing, thus not having my tongue up his arse.

I tried to be reasonable, but looks like you skipped a word or two from my post so don't expect any reasonable answer from me to yourself from now on. Just tell me: why do you have to be so damn provocative? Do you get a kick out of it? Excitement of the day? What is it?