What If.........

JJ Riot

Before misery business came out paramore were playing in small venue's & clubs around the world espically in the UK

Do you think paramore would be as big and as sucessful as they are now if they didnt release misery business and released any other song from the riot album?

No. They were still kind of underground, I mean, yeah, they were known of in different countires, sure.. but Misery Business just had this vibe that reeled so many different types of people in. You know?

To be honest, if they hadn't released riot, I probably wouldn't be on these boards.. Or it may have taken me longer to sign up, because, sure, I heard Pressure a few years ago and loved it, but I never ventured further into the band, I just knew I liked that song. It wasn't until I saw Miz Biz on tv just when it came out that I realised how cool they were..

/life story

yeah that is very true indeed shannon, i think the only other song that would of made an impact i think if they had released it as a single would of been born for this or maybe for a pessimist

Yeah Miz Biz is a good song but i think crushcrushcrush and that's what you get both would of made good 1st singles too, and they were both released as singles.

when i first become a huge paramore fan back in '06 now i always knew right from since i first heard them that this band was gonna be huge one day.

to sell over a million records is just amazing in this day and age, also the way they communicate with us fans is also a major reason why they are so big

i remember seeing them at manc adademy in early 07 and they were amazing the crowd was mental

I don't think it would have mattered what song they released from Riot! (slow ones + fences aside) because every song on it had "hit" all over it. The sound Riot! had was perfect timing, there was a lack of strong female leaders within the mainstream rock scene and teenagers are particularly impressionable. Especially the younger ones.

There's no doubting that Misery Business was, far and away, the perfect lead single to launch them in to stardom, but I do genuinely think it was the right place at the right time and any other song would have gained them a similar position.

I agree. But doing what Paramore did is a result of so many planets being aligned in addition to them having the talent and the drive. There is a reason why so few bands are as successful as Paramore. There are so many other factors involved in the equation besides the ones that the band themselves can have an influence over.

Their fate would have probably taken a different route, maybe a much longer one, maybe not, if they had released something else than Misery Business as their first single, but the end result would have probably been the same. They still recorded RIOT!, which is the first and foremost reason for their success, it wasn't only because of their first single. One single can only get you so far...

I didn't even get into Paramore from an original song... The first one I heard was their cover of My Hero. Haha.

But yeah. I don't think it would have mattered. They would have gotten big either way cause their such an accessible band. There's nothing very original about them (please don't kill me) besides the fact that they have a female singer.

To be honest no because I first heard them in a fan made video of Tokio Hotel and the song was My Heart. I loved the song but it didn't make me go and search for the band. The Miz Biz came out and it really made me go and search for more about them. but crushcrushcrush could have been the first single too, it's way too addicted not to search for them.

I didn't even get into Paramore from an original song... The first one I heard was their cover of My Hero. Haha.

But yeah. I don't think it would have mattered. They would have gotten big either way cause their such an accessible band. There's nothing very original about them (please don't kill me) besides the fact that they have a female singer.

i have to agree with this too

plus, the single doesn't always have anything to do with it

i'm sure lots of people just came across a random song, not the single

conspiracy was the first song i heard even though pressure was the single

....and now i forget where i was going with that

ah well

if miz biz didn't make them big, decode would have done it

thanks creepy obsessive twilighters

I just watched random videos of them on MTV - LTFB, TWYG, For a Pessimist, and I watched the video for crushx3.

I loved all the songs, and I watched Emergency and Pressure, and I decided, this band is awesome, Hayley is cute, they're different to everything else I have on my iPod, I love the music, NEW FAVORITE BAND!

the first time i heard about them was warped 05 and the first song i heard by them was pressure. i instantly fell in love, but it took me a while to get a hold of the album. i remember when and where i bought AWKIF...may sound creepy, but i was just flat out excited to have something new in my hands. then when i saw them live for the first time on their first headlining tour in 06 i had never really become "obsessed." Like someone said earlier, from the first time i listened to them i knew they had so much potential to make it big. weither or not mis bis was released or riot! was even produced, they would have eventually hit main stream. it would have taken longer, but they'd def get there. their is so many things about them that draws people to them. like the fact they have a female vocalist, cute guys, pretty young, and how accesable they are. the fact they keep in touch with fans and try to hang out after shows. paramore was truly my first favorite band and the first one that i followed from the beginning. i will always continue to love and support them no matter what.

~ rant