another new LJ

Catie

Current location: Berlin

Current music: Bouncing Souls - True Believers

Entry tags: clothes, cool lines, fashion, hair

wide awake. this post is for the girls. (warning: it's a wordy one)

what up ladies! (boys, i know you're reading too, that's alright... nothin but love).

but really, the reason why is... with this whole week and a half being about press: photoshoots, tv appearances, blah dee blah... all i can think about is clothes. clothes and make up. i'm all putting outfits together in my head and thinking of what i should do with my hair. i'm a girl, it's all fun and games for me. and for the most part, i do all of that stuff on my own. with the exception of the video shoot and a couple of other magazine shoots we did last month. to be honest, i have a lot more fun doing it myself. gives me a chance to chill and put all my focus in one place. that half an hour in front of the mirror in the morning seems to shut off my A.D.D. brain. anyways, i'm supposed to be sleeping... waking up in 2 hours to start this whole process... but my mind won't shut up and i can't be taking tylenol pm every time i need to catch some z's. i've decided not to fight it.

aside from the make up and the hair, which every one sort of has their own knack for anyways, there's the clothes. i've worn some dumb lookin' shiiiz in the past few years. from time to time, i look like the product of an accidental one night stand between some cyndi lauper impersonator and a cross dressing teenage gwennabe. i recognize. all the other times, i just dress like a boy, which is oh so comfy. tegan (yes, tegan quinn - my celebrity crush) told me if you dress like a teenage boy you pretty much never age. so, i guess i'm going to look 12 for most of the rest of my life? great. anywhoo, i've been trying not to bring blue jeans with me for some of these press runs to keep me from getting uninspired at these shoots. whether or not what i love is super fashionable, i have really been getting back into wearing prints and patterns and colors. which i haven't been into since before we started touring. (other than that short-lived rendezvous i had with zebra printed leggings). if you guys are into it, i'll show you some lines that i really love and that you'll be seeing me in this year. most everything i like is pretty affordable and i hardly ever wear designer brand clothing... maybe i'll grow up one day? but for now... i like cheap, second hand, one of a kind, sick, stupid, comic book like clothing.

first up, if you're into punky type clothing... check out Dogpile. (http://www.dogpilecloze.com)

- when i was younger and my favorite band was AFI (can't wait for their new album CrashLove) and my desktop background was Brody Dalle (she's so gorgeous, it hurts), i wore a lot of this style clothing. upon setting out for the touring lifestyle and discovering the art of dressing like a prepubescent dude, i "grew out" of these kinds of clothes. now, here i am back in love with it all. Dogpile makes the red plaid pants that i've been wearing, the oriental/floral dress that you'll see in an upcoming shoot we did for Kerrang, along with the army green semi-bondage style vest that I wore in "Ignorance". check out their clothes if you're into any of this stuff... if not... keep reading.

if you like older styles that venture into more of the pin-up look but you don't want to look like you raided Katy Perry's closet, you can check out http://www.babygirlboutique.com. just be selective, cause if you aren't careful you WILL look like a Katy thief. and that's not nice. anyways, this is the company who sells the "horror monsters" dress that a certain lad bought for me for the VMA's. woohoo! 3 or 4 years ago, you wouldn't have caught me DEAD wearing this style of clothing... but my love for Lucille Ball and my yearning to be a voluptuous pin-up (okay, not really) has really turned me on to these styles. not to mention, i can wear all my dumb little tee shirts with most of those A-line pattern skirts.

wow. the sun is coming up. a couple more?

since the beginning of the year, the guys and i have started working with one of my friends on putting together clothes for certain shoots and finding lines that we really like to wear. this lovely lady is none other than Jennifer Johnson (she's gonna kill me for this! haha!). Jen was behind all the original designs over at EC STAR Clothing. I love all the old EC STAR stuff. They have a lot of classic looking styles. And you might've seen me wearing most of their tee shirts and hoodies over the past year or so. A few of the original designs are still up on the site (ecstar.net) but since leaving the company, Jen is onto other things... like Dainty June! Dainty June rules, I haven't gotten much from them yet but I plan on doing so after I empty out my closet of all the excess clothing that I don't need. yard sale anyone? Jen teamed up with some friends (who I'll get to right after this) to create this line.. and it's so cute. This line is a lot more practical for hanging out... maybe... SKIPPING COLLEGE CLASSES! whatever. Check it out http://www.DaintyJune.com

lastly, but not leastly(?)... ummm... the first badass line that i ever wore for free... All-Mighty Clothing!!! the ladies behind this line are also behind Dainty June. i have recently worn a couple of their printed tees in some random interviews. i know i wore the dog/batman style logo tee in an MTV Japan interview that Jeremy and I did. anyways haha, check out their site! http://www.All-Mighty.net there, you can also pick up some of the Dainty June clothing.

well, the sun is most definitely up now. today is gonna be a loooong one... thanks for reading my babbling-on about fashion and/or my lack thereof. don't forget about Miley's clothing line in Wal-Mart. dead. serious. good quality tees and tanks... and if you're brave enough, there are some more daring items in the line. hey! even Mindy from Lydia rocks the leopard flats. we know what's up.

as for the dudes, you're on your own, haha. band merch is almost always a good idea. cheap too!

i guess, i'm going to go start putting outfits together for the day. jealous? didn't think so...

love

hayley

Haha, that girl is going to fall asleep doing press today. She stayed on and chatted until her alarm clock went off, then she had to go get ready for the day. :hug:

did she really? poor thing hahaha she needs to sleep more and chat less lol

did she really? poor thing hahaha she needs to sleep more and chat less lol

Yeah I asked if she had gotten any sleep or if she was going to pull an all-nighter. She said an all-nighter. Poor baby. She needs sleep. lol

Yeah I asked if she had gotten any sleep or if she was going to pull an all-nighter. She said an all-nighter. Poor baby. She needs sleep. lol

awwww she needs to sleep.

so why dont i ever go in the chat ? lmao

Haha, that girl is going to fall asleep doing press today. She stayed on and chatted until her alarm clock went off, then she had to go get ready for the day. :hug:

Was she on the fan club chat? I think I should register for that at some point.