Confession Thread - Part 8

RenegadeRoss

mine came with vista 32bit, so I'm stuck with it (kinda) :lol:

You're not stuck with anything. The OS you use has nothing to do with previous ones you've had installed. The only thing that will not let you use a 64bit OS is your northbridge and your mobo. Also for 64bit Win7 you need at least 4gb of ddr RAM for it to run properly.

Also for 64bit Win7 you need at least 4gb of ddr RAM for it to run properly.

True. Although I'd argue you need at least 4GB of RAM to use any 64-bit OS properly. :lol:

like what?

and yes i did

I always thought your dad built it. Nevermind then.

You're not stuck with anything. The OS you use has nothing to do with previous ones you've had installed. The only thing that will not let you use a 64bit OS is your northbridge and your mobo. Also for 64bit Win7 you need at least 4gb of ddr RAM for it to run properly.

I know, I don't have 4gb of RAM, plus I wasn't saying I was more saying it takes a lot more effort to go from 32bit-64 than a straight upgrade

I know, I don't have 4gb of RAM, plus I wasn't saying I was more saying it takes a lot more effort to go from 32bit-64 than a straight upgrade

It does and it doesn't. You just would need to do a 100% HDD wipe before switching over. I hated vista so I never used mine and kept XP 32 bit. So mine was a jump from a 32bit XP to 64bit Win7. As long as you wipe everything and do the fresh install you'll be alright, but you should do that with a new OS install anyway. As far as the RAM goes, as long as you have 2 gb it will still work it will just auto-disable a bunch of visual settings, which doesn't really matter anyway unless you're a mac user who cares more about the way things look than the way things run.

• Like 1

It does and it doesn't. You just would need to do a 100% HDD wipe before switching over. I hated vista so I never used mine and kept XP 32 bit. So mine was a jump from a 32bit XP to 64bit Win7. As long as you wipe everything and do the fresh install you'll be alright, but you should do that with a new OS install anyway. As far as the RAM goes, as long as you have 2 gb it will still work it will just auto-disable a bunch of visual settings, which doesn't really matter anyway unless you're a mac user who cares more about the way things look than the way things run.

:lol: I doubt this pc could run a 32bit operating system, it fails completely at anything remotely RAM needy (I just forgot all english there :lol:) but Windows 7 is meant to be better for your laptop :???: I dunno :P

:lol: I doubt this pc could run a 32bit operating system, it fails completely at anything remotely RAM needy (I just forgot all english there :lol:) but Windows 7 is meant to be better for your laptop :???: I dunno :P

I already forget what you said you use now, but if its vista, if you went to the 32bit win7 it would run way better. Windows 7 is like vista on a diet while also taking steroids and runs better on laptops when vista's fat ass barely fit through the door.