New LJ - October 14th

OliDayyy

starving.

hola...

two days off in chicago and i'm dying to do something. anyyyything. i decided (early this morning) that i wasn't going to change out of my pj's... and i didn't until a couple hours ago. lazy days are crucial. but man i'm ready to work again. ha! if you can even call it work! tomorrow, we've got a crap ton of press to do in toronto. and the next day, we will unleash ourselves on a crowd of about 1500 or so? (i'm just guessing... i don't know the actual capacity of Kool Haus). i feel like a caged tiger. hahaha. i wanna play some shows! my voice felt great at the last two. i was pleasantly surprised. cause to be honest, i wasn't sure how it was going to pan out after a week of voice rest and twiddling my thumbs.

our bus call is ridiculously late tonight. 2am. so that means i have an hour to pack up the mess i made in my hotel room and go down to the bus where i can sleep until border crossing. 8am, ugh! since the postponement of all the shows, i've been going to bed pretty early... so i'm not in the greatest of moods right now. i would much rather have been asleep for a few hours by now. oh well, after being stared down by an officer for 30 or 40 minutes at the border (the usual), maybe i'll be able to go back to bed for a little while.

how are you guys liking the shows? the swellers? paper route? i feel like it's a really well rounded tour. we're still settling into our set list but i think it's our favorite set, so far. i'm into the backdrop and frames too! as short as this tour is, i know it's going to be one of the best.

i can't wait for the video to come out. or just to see some of it. it's very.... different.... than anything we've done before. which makes the wait even worse. hope you guys are into it. "bbbb" is going to be a fun song to promote. what kills me is when i hear, or see, people talking about "ignorance", as if just because it wasn't as successful as "misery business", it was a failure. all those people are missing the point. we don't care about coming out and having huge singles every time we put out a record. i thought that "ignorance" did exactly what i wanted it to... put us back out there and got people talking. most importantly, it was the beginning of the story. you can't have the good without the bad and the ugly... and that song wasn't exactly pretty. and now it's time to get to a different part of it. "brick" is going to rule and then we'll be onto something else after. thank you guys for getting the whole picture. we're more proud of this record than we've ever been of just about anything!

gonna be an awesome couple of years :) i better get packing.

hayley

can not wait for the BBBB video.

and it isn't fair comparing ignorance and misery business.

look at the UK charts. ignorance got to #14 while misery business got to #17. and brand new eyes is at #3 in the album charts after being at #1 last week. it knocked madonna of the top spot!! shame that barbara streisand knocked them of this week but still.. a lot of people in the UK didn't know about paramore until now because ignorance and BNE introduced them to their music.

comparing ignorance and miz biz is bullshit. and my gosh, hayley is right saying that they didnt expect a huge change so that paramore are suddenly the new backstreet boys or idk which band is so famous over there. sometimes its better in this way not to be known to everyone but there for having a maybe small but faithful fan base. thats what i think at least.

and also cant wait for the new video <3

I really enjoyed this post, she didn't just say what the band were up to.. She actually let us into her head a bit. I liked it. :rotfl:

Hayley speaks some sense though, for me, Ignorance is a way more important song in sense of the lyrics. So yes, fuck the charts... I think it's one of their best songs to date.

I am super excited for BBBB, that's another strong one for me. I'm just loving BNE so much. Thanks for posting. :)