New LJ post - Jan 4th 2010

OliDayyy

I went on Parasecrets yesterday...

They have a couple good points, such as Hayley can never just sit nicely in pictures (she's ALWAYS making stupid fuckin faces when she could be so pretty), and how she really does dress like shit nowdays. but most of it is just super obssessed sad little bastards.

So... you don't like hayley for who she is?

You don't seem to give a damn about hayley.

You might care, but you sure don't show it.

EDIT: sorry for double post.

i know hayley is strong and even though she always keeps positive and tries to not read some of the things people say about her and the band, it's inevitable to not let it get you down sometimes. it's a shame that a few people can ruin it for everyone, but i hope/know she will overcome all of this and continue to keep writing for the fans that do care a ton about them <3

i was going to stop posting here. i was trying to think about where i could move it to, or if i should even continue at all to try and communicate directly like this with y'all. it isn't that i don't enjoy it or that i think something like this is so great that it should be considered a reward... it's not... but it's just that this place, our bloggy community, had become something that i hoped it wouldn't.

I think that if things get any worse we may see Hayley stop actually stop posting. It'd be a shame for the connection with the fans through LJ to be lost but in a way may it may be better if it means she sees less of the shit that some people are saying.

^ Yeah, plus she's still got the fan club as a place to connect with fans. Sucks that you'd then need to pay to talk to her on occasion, but if it means dealing with fans that may be a little too "OMG Hayley, I love you!" over the mean, rude ones then it's kind of worth it.

This is confusing I'm not too sure what anyone's talking about anymore :P

I just hope Hayley and Chad have gotten over it and, to think Paramore would split up over something like this is taking it a bit far, isn't it?

There are always always going to be people who don't appreciate a person or a band or whatever it is and there are some who voice their opinions when they really aren't needed and it's not fair but you would have though Paramore would have gotten used to it by now. But some days you feel more vulnerable and some people could have said some particularly hurtful things so fuck the haters man! As long as Hayley is alright and the band is alright then they can forget this mess. :)

Anyhow, I found an interview from a few weeks back from Kerrang:

You spend a lot of time on the internet talking to fans, but you must see a lot of negative stuff too on there. Is it difficult to tune the haters out?

"Yeah, it is. Speaking of the difference between the person that I was and the person that I am now, two years ago I'd have said that it doesn't bother me and that I don't care, and to a certain extent I don't care about what some stranger thinks of me. I hardly care about what anyone thinks of me, I am who I am with no apologies, but it does suck when you hear people saying things that a false or maybe that they don't apporve of. And then you realise that those people are the same age as you, or even younger, and you're just like "Really?". It's really bizarre. When I go online and talk to fans or make posts, I like it when the kids comment back because I like talking to people about things that I care about, like the bands I'm listening to right now, or what movies I'm into, just fun stuff. But when people bring up my personality and things that they don't really know about, on a bad day that could get anyone down."