New LJ post - Jan 4th 2010

OliDayyy

So sad that she actually thought of quitting LJ, and with that stopping the updates I actually look forward to. Some people always have to ruin it for the others, and with that hurting her feelings too. Jeez, you don't go around posting her address, that's like the saddest thing I've heard so far. Respect mate, resssspect.

^ That was done in one of the OT posts at a personal LJ after we were asked to cut down on OT posts at Paramoremusic, and the worst part was that the people in charge weren't sure if they should have deleted the addresses or not. Really? I mean, obviously that's not something that should be posted anywhere online.

I don't know what's been happening in the LJ -world, but most of the bands I know who keep in touch with their fans do it over a message board simply because it is much more organized and the moderation can be left to someone else who wants to do it. The reason I don't visit LJ is because it's like a king-sized confession thread with everything buried under the same headline.

I'm one of the moderators for the LJ, and I really do wish it was a message board. There are just so many more advantages as far as keeping track of posts and keeping an eye on people who just join to start something. Man, I'd be down with them switching to a conventional message board any day... or they can just secretly start hanging out here. That works too. ;)

No cause since it wasn't on the Paramore LJ, we don't know who did it. Hayley might, but the rest of us don't. Although I do recall someone apologizing for it, which I'm sorry... an apology doesn't cut it when you go that far.

the thing that i hope everyone takes away from this direct line we have to you guys is the fact that just because we may have a song on the radio, or sold "this many" records and done "this many" things... we are just the same as we've always been. sure, we've changed. BUT. we are the same 5 people who started the band in 2004. we don't believe any hype that may be written about us... and we all realize that in one single day it could all be gone. what matters is this. the connection. that's what outlives any good write up... it outweighs the number of records sold... it means the most. and that's why i can't let any negative hype that is created right here push me away from keeping this thing going.

hopefully the people who are stuck back in the past and keep dwelling on it will see this and slightly change their minds or stop being so stubborn.

As you can see, it does annoy Hayley that people think differently because of their success.

And to the rest of the post...I can't believe people are doing terrible things. :nono: What kind of "fans" do they think they are? Terrible.

^ Yeah, but these kids aren't going around saying, "Blah, blah, blah, Paramore sucks..." They're actually personally attacking Hayley, being rude to her, making fun of her. It's almost like it's not about the band anymore to them. They just see that Hayley's a nice person and they bully her. I'm pretty sure some of them don't even care about Paramore as a band, and if they do, they have a funny way of showing it.

They're actually personally attacking Hayley, being rude to her, making fun of her. It's almost like it's not about the band anymore to them. They just see that Hayley's a nice person and they bully her.

This is like high school. :/

Immature people with nothing better to do than going around and making her feel bad, this isn't fair on her at all.

Sure they have changed, but so have the dumbasses who think that the only thing changing is the world around them not themselves. Maybe one day the perpetual change includes some growing up and the h00ligans will see life for what it is. Kicking an ants' nest doesn't sound fun for all of us but there's no way around those who get their daily excitement out of it, unfortunately, except the banhammer. It's up to the band to decide how they will deal with the situation.

I don't know what's been happening in the LJ -world, but most of the bands I know who keep in touch with their fans do it over a message board simply because it is much more organized and the moderation can be left to someone else who wants to do it. The reason I don't visit LJ is because it's like a king-sized confession thread with everything buried under the same headline.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

I honestly didn't even know LJ meant "Live Journal" until a few weeks ago.

It's probably for the better that I never really payed much attention to the whole LJ thing in the first place.

I went on Parasecrets yesterday...

They have a couple good points, such as Hayley can never just sit nicely in pictures (she's ALWAYS making stupid fuckin faces when she could be so pretty), and how she really does dress like shit nowdays. but most of it is just super obssessed sad little bastards.

^ Yeah, but these kids aren't going around saying, "Blah, blah, blah, Paramore sucks..." They're actually personally attacking Hayley, being rude to her, making fun of her. It's almost like it's not about the band anymore to them. They just see that Hayley's a nice person and they bully her. I'm pretty sure some of them don't even care about Paramore as a band, and if they do, they have a funny way of showing it.

To be honest, I'm surprised Hayley takes it so personally. Yeah I understand that people posted addresses, etc - that is worth getting annoyed about, but people talking shit? I've not heard of other people in bands taking offence to "fans" (clearly not fans) who talk shit.

My complaint though is that the LJ RSS feed doesn't update properly :P New LJ entry? Not according to the RSS feed :o

^ Some people deal with it better than others. Like I said, they're not talking about the band. If they were, she'd brush it off like nothing happened. They're absolutely relentless and they're aiming any comments directly at her as a person, as well as her family and friends. Add onto that the fact that she was actually bullied in school, and it doesn't help matters.

She's also really bummed about the state of the Paramoremusic LJ, which has been overrun by those same people who bully her, except there, they bully everyone else and make it hard for new members and people who might not know as much about the band. It's hard to explain, but the past two months on that site have been hell.

PS - When did you last check the RSS feed? It shows up for me. I don't subscribe to the RSS feed though, I get email notifications from LJ when she updates. :P