Sig Sizes: Please Read!

RenegadeRoss

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, no, it's okay.

Ross wrote the "2 lines maximum rule" without thinking very much about it, you can have 5 or 6 lines of text without disturbing anyone.

What he asks in this thread, is that people watch their signatures, and eventually change them if they're too big, if you don't consider your sig to be disturbing to other people on the boards, then it's okay.

Eh, Naw?

I think you'll find i mean it.With a picture, 2 Lines and that's it. Without a picture, 5 lines and thats it. The sigs are just ridiculous on here.

Uh oh, is mine too big :( ?

If you read my first post you'll find your answer?

People, read the post instead of asking if its big. I didnt set a maximum number just for it to be ignored and continually asked if your sig is too big.

I do not apologise for this whatsoever so throw hitler accusations at me if you want. Ridiculous really, for someone who's just tidying up the board.

I swear I read "shoe sizes" :lol:

I thought the same :shifty:

To be honest, if you're going to make a sig rule, include the maximum size of an image in pixels that way everyone won't keep asking "is my sig too big?!"

Plus the "lines of text" thing seems a bit stupid since there's a character limit on sigs already.

Umm, I just remembered there are sig rules already :lol:

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. You have included 3 images in your message. You are limited to using 2 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

Images include use of smilies, the BB code tag and HTML tags. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator.

2. Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup.

And I wouldn't start panicking about your sigs yet, because: 1. this new "rule" isn't official 2. the rule is flawed and 3. Ross doesn't have the power to edit people's sigs so 4. He's going to need to get an admin to approve the idea, and we know that could take a long time :P

I thought the same :shifty:

To be honest, if you're going to make a sig rule, include the maximum size of an image in pixels that way everyone won't keep asking "is my sig too big?!"

Plus the "lines of text" thing seems a bit stupid since there's a character limit on sigs already.

i agree with this

instead of limiting the number of pictures or lines of text and whatnot, make an overall size limit

because say i have a teeny tiny picture, and four lines of text

that's still probably smaller than a "medium" sized picture and two lines of text

overall size limit makes more sense than just limiting what's in it

And I wouldn't start panicking about your sigs yet, because: 1. this new "rule" isn't official 2. the rule is flawed and 3. Ross doesn't have the power to edit people's sigs so 4. He's going to need to get an admin to approve the idea, and we know that could take a long time :P

I was about to point this out, haha.

i agree with this

instead of limiting the number of pictures or lines of text and whatnot, make an overall size limit

because say i have a teeny tiny picture, and four lines of text

that's still probably smaller than a "medium" sized picture and two lines of text

overall size limit makes more sense than just limiting what's in it

agreed.

i was gonna post pretty much the same but you said it already so :P

and yes i think there should be a limit how big the picture in the sig should be.

4. He's going to need to get an admin to approve the idea, and we know that could take a long time :P

Exactly, so he's trying to sort the sig sizes out himself by asking people to limit theirs.

Does it have to be "official"? It's just a sig, if you have to make it a bit smaller it's nothing to get worked up about.

I do think though that like Joans, has one picture and about 4 lines of text, I think it looks fine. The pictures small and the writing is small. But it does say 2 lines of text, soo, I dunno. It's sigs like Chloe's that I think he's wanting to change, cause it's so big.

quick suggestion

another site i go to with a signature limit has a little preview box, and it says if your sig extends beyond the box it's too big

if it would work just put one of those in so people can figure out for themselves what's too big and what's not

sounds like a good idea to me!

it would depend on the text too

two lines of this

would look a lot different

than two lines of this

yeah...

i guess 4 lines of small text is like 2-3 lines of normal text so... :neutral: