Quitting Smoking Thread

Renith182

Its been 5 weeks since i quit. 5 weeks holy shit.

But i feel like a trainwreck right now. The last two days are harder than the first two days of quitting. I feel like im so close to relapsing right now and trying to keep it straight. I don't want to fail so bad, but at the same time i feel the strongest urge to have one. I will try to keep it straight, because im just trying to think about all the bad times and shitty things about smoking. Its typical behavior of trying to have one, and im resisting it. at this very moment the daily grind of life has gotten to me and the novelty of quitting has kinda died off. Im so scared that maybe, just maybe absence is making my heart grow fonder for one again.

stoked youre still going,

and you know what- if you want a cigarette, just have one dude. at the end of the day, you're the one giving up, no one else, you're only failing yourself (sounds cheesey but you get me). so if you want that cigarette, have it, but if you want to give up then... that's just the decision

my boyfriend's currently giving up smoking, still, slowly but surely, and everytime i have one and he's there he's like "aw give us a pull" and i'm like, sure, because you know, i'm not the one giving up - he never has one.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Christopher; Maybe this cold will be a good start to quit? Or are you quitting? or not?

It's what i was thinking. Something to take advantage of.

I really don't know about quitting. like...i don't even think I'm addicted. it's just something I want to do and I'm not sure why. pretty sure it's a reason that wouldn't be appraised.

yeah you're right about that. Thats also what I was thinking. save me the five bucks a pack. and I live longer.

hah pretty stupid ain't it? spend money on it just to shorten your life?

hehe n__n and it will spare you to stand in the cold to smoke your sigarette!

So you can laugh at the people who are standing in the rain/cold to smoke! ;D

I totally resisted the urge the other night. At the end of the day its not gonna help my situation. Besides im on a fuckin roll! That One cigerette is enough to get me back into it. Maybe even smoking more.

and Jorgi. I just hope you aint giving that type of advice to everyone whose quitting or has quit! Cause thats one of the biggest urges to resist! that ONE ciggie!

Ren

and Jorgi. I just hope you aint giving that type of advice to everyone whose quitting or has quit! Cause thats one of the biggest urges to resist! that ONE ciggie!

Ren

ah don't think you got me - that ONE cigarette is, as you said, exactly the difference between giving up and ...giving up giving up. so ryan will ask me for a pull on my cigarette or even one for himself, and i will say okay but if youre trying to give up, then give up.

...whatever, good luck dude, keep going and whatnot.