The Confession Thread - Part 10

Catie

Awww... that makes me sad Erin. :hug:

Hopefully things will change.

:hug: I know she cares... I just wish she would be 10x less harsh with me and just be more loving. And I'm not just being the whiney teenager that hates everything their mom does cause I'm the exact opposite. I mean, I get all A's, and I stay out of trouble. Yet, she finds lovely things to yell at me for and insult me for...

I confess that I really should go to bed soon... nah.

my mom is one of my best friends... i just wish she would, ya know, feel the same way about me..

I'm sure she does but right now you're at an age (and don't worry, even I'm still at that age) where she feels she needs to be more of your parent than your friend--and that's perfect. Those teenage years are weird years with the parents because parents do expect their child to be the typical textbook teenager and so they're kind of thrown a curve ball when their teenager is a good kid, haha.

Don't worry, Erin. Everything works out more and more the older you get. My Mother and I used to be at each other's throats from the time I was eleven until I was about fifteen, sixteen. Just be patient and keep being a good person =]

Awww, thats not cool.

Yeah it kind of sucks.

One last sob story: the one person that I could confide in was my music teacher, Mr.Hinkson, whom I told everything and we could just relate. Exactly a month ago, he was killed in a head on car accident.

I confess that I feel like a major pussy for still being upset over his death, tbh...

I'm sure she does but right now you're at an age (and don't worry, even I'm still at that age) where she feels she needs to be more of your parent than your friend--and that's perfect. Those teenage years are weird years with the parents because parents do expect their child to be the typical textbook teenager and so they're kind of thrown a curve ball when their teenager is a good kid, haha.

Don't worry, Erin. Everything works out more and more the older you get. My Mother and I used to be at each other's throats from the time I was eleven until I was about fifteen, sixteen. Just be patient and keep being a good person =]

Awh thanks :hug:

It's just hard, feeling like all she really feels about me are insults.

I confess that I just double-posted. OH GAWD.

Yeah it kind of sucks.

One last sob story: the one person that I could confide in was my music teacher, Mr.Hinkson, whom I told everything and we could just relate. Exactly a month ago, he was killed in a head on car accident.

I confess that I feel like a major pussy for still being upset over his death, tbh...

A month is still very fresh and new. You shouldn't feel ashamed in the least for still being upset over his death. It took me three years to get over my brother's. People grieve at different speeds. You take as much time as you need to grieve; if you rush it, you'll never be fully done grieving which will only be difficult later on.

By the way, I'm very sorry to hear about it. :hug:

Awh thanks :hug:

It's just hard, feeling like all she really feels about me are insults.

I confess that I just double-posted. OH GAWD.

I know exactly what you mean, but that isn't how she feels at all. We will never quite know why parents are wired the way they are until we ourselves are parents, but I can assure you she acts the way she does because she is worried for you. Also, you know how sometimes if you (I'm not saying YOU, I mean anybody in general, we all do this, haha) are having a bad day and being a bitch to someone just feels fan-freaking-tastic? And then, of course, you feel like crap later on. But that's kind of how parents are wired too. They just choose to be rude to their children because they know they have the power to punish them if they talk back. It's all a power thing, haha.

Heyy, I confess that I, too, just double posted.

A month is still very fresh and new. You shouldn't feel ashamed in the least for still being upset over his death. It took me three years to get over my brother's. People grieve at different speeds. You take as much time as you need to grieve; if you rush it, you'll never be fully done grieving which will only be difficult later on.

By the way, I'm very sorry to hear about it. :hug:

I confess that I guess you're right. It's so odd, because I had never dealt with a death until that. I was always a very emotionally strong person and almost nothing could get me to break down, until that. It made me have a second opinion of my emotional strength. It's also very hard because I also knew his wife, who has a 1 year old daughter and a daughter on the way, and she emails and talks to me every once and a while. It's just crazy... Have you ever heard the song Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World? The lyrics "you gave me someplace to go. i never said thank you for that, and now i'll never have the chance" make me cry every time I hear them.

I confess sorry for the whining....

I know exactly what you mean, but that isn't how she feels at all. We will never quite know why parents are wired the way they are until we ourselves are parents, but I can assure you she acts the way she does because she is worried for you. Also, you know how sometimes if you (I'm not saying YOU, I mean anybody in general, we all do this, haha) are having a bad day and being a bitch to someone just feels fan-freaking-tastic? And then, of course, you feel like crap later on. But that's kind of how parents are wired too. They just choose to be rude to their children because they know they have the power to punish them if they talk back. It's all a power thing, haha.

Heyy, I confess that I, too, just double posted.

I confess another double post. Last time, I promise! :)

I know she cares, I can tell. I just wish she would should it more, ya know? I just wish I had her to go to with this stuff so I don't have to whine to all of you :). My friends aren't mature enough to understand (nothing against my friends) and it's hard when I don't have my mom to talk to about this kind of stuff...

I confess that I guess you're right. It's so odd, because I had never dealt with a death until that. I was always a very emotionally strong person and almost nothing could get me to break down, until that. It made me have a second opinion of my emotional strength. It's also very hard because I also knew his wife, who has a 1 year old daughter and a daughter on the way, and she emails and talks to me every once and a while. It's just crazy... Have you ever heard the song Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World? The lyrics "you gave me someplace to go. i never said thank you for that, and now i'll never have the chance" make me cry every time I hear them.

I confess sorry for the whining....

Being distraught over someone's death does not make you any less emotionally strong. I'm a pretty emotionally strong person--I don't always show much to begin with--but it takes a lot to get me to even think about crying. One thing that will always break me down is soldiers and death. That's just the way it is. If you're not hurt in any way at all by the death of someone who impacted your life so much then you're most likely not human. Don't question your emotional strength for you are strong and you're just as strong as you were before, but you are dealing with something so life turning. You have to grieve.

And yes, that song is very touching. It's made me cry as well, and it's okay to cry, Erin. You have to do it.

I confess you're not whining at all. If you need to let out how you feel, keep doing it. You can't bottle everything up for it's not healthy at all.

@faith :hug: thanks..

@musicdudette thank you so much.. It's just so weird, because I'm normally the dr.Phil of my group of friends and for me to be the inconsolable one is just so weird. I always feel like im bugging someone or just whining when I think about talking to someone about shit like this...