The Official Paramore Covers Thread (post your covers here!)

Jessnesss

Can't say I made it through that whole clip to be honest Sam.

My ears were just being blasted by a fuck load of 8-10KHz frequency content (a lot of the energy of cymbals is concentrated around that particularly frequency range) and it was just painful to listen to.

Granted I listen through studio monitors, which are a lot more detailed than normal computer speakers, which partly explains why it sounded so fatiguing for me.

How are you guys recording this stuff anyway? Just sounds like there's one microphone stuck in the room or something :neutral:

I didn't comment on your All I Wanted cover yet, my apologies.

It was somewhat amusing to see your vocalist sound rather British at times :P and like Pekka, it was interesting to hear how she seemed to lack the ability to produce good resonance for the lower notes.

Apart from that one detail of the low notes, it was otherwise really fantastic, good job:D

^Getting a better mic wont solve anything. The fact remains if you stick one mic in a room away from the instruments in an attempt to capture the sound of everything, you pick up a lot of the room's resonances in the process, which results in that "wash of noise" sound you get.

Comb Filtering along various nulls and peaks throughout the room (basically "dips" and "hills" throughout the frequency range that cause certain frequencies to be accentuated and others to be attenuated or sometimes even frequencies being canceled out altogether) and other stuff to do with reflections and absorption that shape the sound of a room.

I'm going to guess you guys probably can't afford to shell out well over 2000 pounds for a bunch of good mics to actually get a reasonable quality reasonable result.

Best to just save up a bunch of money and to got a proper studio with an experienced tracking engineer really, it will sound infinitely better that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmToED5Kgk

our band 'Siren' covered decode acoustic recentley at a gig :) hope you guys like it... bar the few dud notes here and there, especially one at the beginning and the end on the guitar.. but overall i think we did ok.. haha. im on keys!

P.s the backdrop was completely conincidental for those twilight lovers... hahaa. the gig was at some primary school

• 4 weeks later...

Miracle Outro - piano version

yes get ready, another piano cover >_< something slightly different this time, the outro to miracle that i adore much. haha this was so fun to record, just did it now! hope you guys like it, youtube lowered the quality quite a bit, but nevtherless its there.

haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIeDoUOdZ2w

• Like 1

Miracle Outro - piano version

yes get ready, another piano cover >_< something slightly different this time, the outro to miracle that i adore much. haha this was so fun to record, just did it now! hope you guys like it, youtube lowered the quality quite a bit, but nevtherless its there.

haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIeDoUOdZ2w

Amazing. Well done!

• 1 month later...

today,I was watching bne dvd vids on youtube then I watched Hayley singing brick by boring brick's very previous version.

it stuck in my head,I kept singing it so I decided to record it.

sound quality sucks and I sing for only about 40 seconds but I wanted you to hear it

here's the link