This Is Not A Chick Band

Catie

My friend Chris decided it would be cool if he made a site dedicated to female fronted bands. He asked my other friend Pauline and me to help him out with everything.

Now, it is not done but we figured we should start to get the word out there. It still needs alot of work and obviously doesn't look as good as PF haha.

but heres a first look. Join the forums and get them going!

Please and Thank You! :D

http://www.thisisnotachickband.net/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a start on the page layout. Anyone have any feedback and suggestions?

tinacb.jpg

The Polaroid picture will change per each band page you are on.

In the dark grey area under the band nav (where you find the ipsum lorium text) I am thinking about quick "(Bandname) is..." and list off band members and maybe a quick sentence about the band.

The top nav has me wondering what to do at this point too. There is no way I can have very band listed in it. I can actually get 3, maybe 4 if they are all short names so that wont do.

What should I include in the nav, I am experimenting with Bands A Though Z but I'm sure we will come up with something more creative (taking suggestions). Home and Forums will also be in there. I think I will add a media link as well.

I still am going to add some more textures and lighting effects to the page. Make the footer, and customize the nav links and stuff. I'm also thinking about subtly putting different bands name into the texture on the top banner

looks really good so far

maybe add more than just cassadee at the top though?

people might think it's just a hey monday site if it's only her

and i think you mean a through z ;-)

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking that I wanted to add some more pictures of others then just Cassadee, just need to find some good pictures=)

haha, that's what I get for working all day then coming home and working on this late a night

It's a little rough around the edges. Also, it would be cool to include more than just Josh's guitar and Cassadee. Let me know if you need anything edited or something. I'm online a lot. :lol:

Which edges look rough, like around the guitar and stuff? If you want to help out by polishing the lay out or helping me add some other bands to it that would help a lot. (don't really have any good pictures to add from other bands and need to find some).

I was also thinking, I need to make it so Cassadee is not so tall. You know the user box on the top right of IPB? That will be in the layout as well. That has me thinking I have to find a spot to include the forum navigation as well. That will show on the home page too as thep age header is going to be the IPB Wrapper. (I tuned it on on the homepage to get a look at what it looks like and what I need to work around.

yeah i like the layout .. and its purple haha i loove purple !!!

but for example you can add hayley and sierra on the top to cassadee because when someone visits the site they think its only a hey monday site you know what i mean but all in all i like it !!!

Have any good pictures I should add to the top?