School of Rock, Hackensack, NJ 8/13/06

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love School of Rock I'll be there! I was just there again for the bajillionth time since it just opened. The stage is really small so getting there early is good. Unless your like me who just walks away and says hi to bands and then comes back and is like MY SPOT MOVE. I wouldn't do it to any of you though.

But it's like a warehouse, we could all meet up by the front entrance not the side Mr. Asshole will get you there trust me?

There are two entrances to School of Rock. A side door, where this jerk (my friends and I call him Mr. Asshole) who works there likes to yell at people and tell them they can't line up yet it's too early and the bands sometimes hang there and an entrance a bit ahead of it which they call the "main" entrance where they let people in.

What show did you go there for? I'm excited Paramore is playing there since over the last couple weeks that place has become my new favorite venue.
Boys Night Out .... supporting bands were A True Story, Drive By, Just Surrender, and Anterabbae. It was SICKKK besides the fact that Anterrabae is hardcore and the only fat mosher in the entire pit flew into the crowd and landed on top of me and my friend.

Ahh I didn't go to that one I was there the day before for The Pink Spiders so I didn't get to that one. It was cool though no one was there for TPS haha. But last time I went the place was packed! I love A True Story and Just Surrender as opening bands.

Yeah! There was no one there for BNO either! I was shocked but it was cool b/c all of the bands were just chilling out after. That's not how it's going to be for Paramore at all =/ lol

I've never been in the front front row .. other than Bamboozle. Usually I get there late and shove myself up as far as I can. How early do you usually go?

I usually get to the venue a half hour to an hour before doors open. The only Paramore show that I wasnt in the front row for, was when they opened for simple plan and billions of little kids got there really early, but I was like 7 rows back.

is school of rock a nice venue? I havent been there yet, but I'm excited to go. I hope the drive isn't too bad.

Yeah it's a pretty nice venue I really like it. There's no bar or anything so it's good for the younger kids that can't get in at other places but the show I went to wasn't like full of annoying 13 year olds so it was good haha. It is small though. When was the last Paramore show you went to? B/c they have gotten so much bigger so I hope that 1/2 an hour will be early enough. I guess I can just always push foward that's what I do anyway. Plus I'm sure a lot of Paramore fans won't enter the crowd until the first band or so plays.

^^ Ahh, yes I remember those days. lol ... its good to be 18 .. my mom lets me just hop on the train and go to any show i want in the city ..... one of the first concerts I went to was a Cursive/Blood Brothers/Trophy Scars concert and my friend's dad came with us lol but he just stood at the bar and drank the whole time.

^^ Ahh, yes I remember those days. lol ... its good to be 18 .. my mom lets me just hop on the train and go to any show i want in the city ..... one of the first concerts I went to was a Cursive/Blood Brothers/Trophy Scars concert and my friend's dad came with us lol but he just stood at the bar and drank the whole time.

i CANT WAIT until im 18 when i can just hop on a train and go into the city to see whatever show i want. im 17, my parents wont let me =[ the first show i went to was in november in nyc and my mom, aunt, and her friend took us on the train and dropped us off in line around 3pm and i didnt see them again til 11pm or something. i dont see what the big deal is in just walking a few blocks to the show, or taxi, or even subway. gaah im not a baby i can figure it out on my own. ive been talking to my parents about this alot lately haha. my dads like well ill take you and your friend in the city and walk 50ft behind you and see how you act and then ill decide if you can go in alone. pshh.. IM READY! haha. and also when im 18 not only will i just got to shows in the city but nj, pa, ct, haha. i wouldnt have a problem driving there either :]