School of Rock, Hackensack, NJ 8/13/06

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Aw haha.

Here's my review if neone is interested.

So, 8/13/06 = pretty much the best night of my life. Paramore played with Cute Is What We Aim For, Hit The Lights, and This Providence at the School of Rock in S. Hackensack, NJ. This is going to be a long one so bear with me ...

I went with my best friend Gina, who is almost as obsessed with Paramore as I am. This was her first time seeing them and my fifth. We got there two hours before doors opened at 7 and there was already a good amount of people in front of us. A bunch of guys from HTL and CIWWAF were riding around on electric scooters haha. Paramore walked out of their bus and walked past the crowed and when they came back Hayley looked at Gina and goes 'Those shoes are amazing, I miss those.' Gina had on Adidas Sambas and Hayley used to have a pair. Then, as she was climbing up into the bus she turned around and goes, 'Your shirt's amazing, too.' Because she was wearing a 'To write love on her arms' shirt which is a cause Hayley supports. It was very cool and Gina was freaking out lol.

We finally get in and rushed to the stage to try to get a decent spot. We were in the center, five or six people back. The first difference I felt at this show, from the August 8th show at Bowery was that School of Rock is not air conditioned lol. So everyone is already sweating. The show started and I got really good pictures of This Providence. I seriously love this band, they are so incredible. Dan took pictures of the crowd again for their myspace. Hit The Lights came on next and everyone went pretty insane and Gina and I were getting CRUSHED. Lol, everyone was pushing and it was SO SO hot. The crowd was by far the roughest at any Paramore show I've been too before. The difference of the crowd last night from the crowd at the Bowery was like hot and cold. There was like no one at the Bowery lol, no one was pushing or anything. School of Rock was definitly sold out though. I looked behind me and the room was absolutly PACKED. CIWWAF came on next and the crowd got even crazier. There were some seriously freaky girls in the crowed. One girl grabbed Shant's shirt and was all 'OMG I TOUCHED SHANTS SHIRT!' And I just looked at the people around me and we started cracking up lol.

Finally Paramore came on. I think it goes without saying that they were fucking amazing. I don't think they ever have bad days, they just sound so amazing all of the time. The crowd got even crazier but I didn't care because Paramore was on. I'm not going to go through the whole set because I did it in my last review and everything was the same, except I think Paramore put on a slightly better performance because the crowd was so much crazier. I'm sure their amount of energy gets fed by the energy of the crowd. At one point, Hayley pulled this girl Harley up on stage. This girl is INSANE because I've seen her at every Paramore show I've been too. Apparently she's seen Paramore 17 times!!! It was her birthday so Hayley had everyone sing happy birthday to her, it was so cute! So the show went on and about halfway through their set, I managed to shove myself to the dead front. I was only one person back! And I was dead center, in front of Hayley! When she leaned into the crowd, she was literally over my head! I have no idea how I managed to get there but it was pretty freaking amazing. She kept grabbing my hand and making eye contact with me. She must have grabbed my hand and held on to it at least five times. Plus, she kept putting the mic into the crowd so I got to sing into it. I couldn't get good pictures cause I was being crushed. By the time their set was coming to the end I was so absolutly exhausted and hot I couldn't even sing the lyrics anymore. I could barely breath!! Seriously, the crowd was crazy but it was all worth it. The most amazing show of my LIFE!

The set ended and everyone started to leave. I had to find Gina because she had to leave halfway through Paramore's set since she's so short. She was literally getting crushed so she finally went to the back. I found her and we went to Paramore's merch table and I bought one of their posters and I handed this letter I wrote to Hayley and the band (I'm gay I know.) to the merch girl to give to Hayley because I wasn't sure if I'd get a chance to talk to any of them after the show or not. We went to This Providence's merch table because they were selling their C.D. for five bux. Dan was there so we told him how amazing they were and he was super sweet. I LOVE HIM!! Then he autographed my TP sticker.

So me and Gina went outside and we figured if we were going to get a chance to talk to Paramore the best place to stand would be outside of their tour bus. Lol, kind of stalkerish but whatever. So we sat there and Hunter, Josh, Jeremy, and Hayley were walking in and out of the bus loading equipment up and stuff. They said hi to us but didn't stop. A girl asked Hayley if she would talk to us and Hayley said that we she technically wasn't supposed to because of the meet and greets and how it was supposed to be like an exclusive thing but then she said if we hung around the bus for like 45 minutes until most people left, then she would come over to talk to us. So a bunch of people came over and waited with us at the bus but a lot of people started to leave. Hayley finally came out and by that time there was only Gina and I and like five other people. So she just hung around and chilled with us and talked to us it was so rad!!! We just all talked about random shit. At one point other people were sort of looking in our direction so Hayley goes 'Oh no guys, I think other people are catching on.' Lol, so we all stood on our tippytoes in a circle around her so no one else could see that we were talking to her. She signed my poster and when she saw Josh's signature she goes 'Josh always signs my butt!! He claims that's the only spot were it shows up but that's a lie.' Lol and she signed Gina's EP. Then we both took pictures with her. Hayley put her arm around me and I'm like 'I'm disgusting.' And she goes 'Dude .... I havn't showered in three days.' So I started laughing hysterically which explains my expression in the picture lol. Anway we hung around for a little longer. She noticed my TWLOHA shirt and complimented it. As we were about to leave I went 'Hayley i left something for you with your merch. girl.' And she goes 'Oh yeah! I totally saw that! ' And I was like 'Did you open it?' And she goes 'Not yet, I was going to open it as soon as i got back into the bus. Thank you so much!' So finally we said good bye and left. BEST NIGHT EVERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=3407531

you mentioned me!

thanks!! haha.

^ Aw haha.

So' date=' 8/13/06 = pretty much the best night of my life. Paramore played with Cute Is What We Aim For, Hit The Lights, and This Providence at the School of Rock in S. Hackensack, NJ. This is going to be a long one so bear with me ...

I went with my best friend Gina, who is almost as obsessed with Paramore as I am. This was her first time seeing them and my fifth. We got there two hours before doors opened at 7 and there was already a good amount of people in front of us. A bunch of guys from HTL and CIWWAF were riding around on electric scooters haha. Paramore walked out of their bus and walked past the crowed and when they came back Hayley looked at Gina and goes 'Those shoes are amazing, I miss those.' Gina had on Adidas Sambas and Hayley used to have a pair. Then, as she was climbing up into the bus she turned around and goes, 'Your shirt's amazing, too.' Because she was wearing a 'To write love on her arms' shirt which is a cause Hayley supports. It was very cool and Gina was freaking out lol.

We finally get in and rushed to the stage to try to get a decent spot. We were in the center, five or six people back. The first difference I felt at this show, from the August 8th show at Bowery was that School of Rock is not air conditioned lol. So everyone is already sweating. The show started and I got really good pictures of This Providence. I seriously love this band, they are so incredible. Dan took pictures of the crowd again for their myspace. Hit The Lights came on next and everyone went pretty insane and Gina and I were getting CRUSHED. Lol, everyone was pushing and it was SO SO hot. The crowd was by far the roughest at any Paramore show I've been too before. The difference of the crowd last night from the crowd at the Bowery was like hot and cold. There was like no one at the Bowery lol, no one was pushing or anything. School of Rock was definitly sold out though. I looked behind me and the room was absolutly PACKED. CIWWAF came on next and the crowd got even crazier. There were some seriously freaky girls in the crowed. One girl grabbed Shant's shirt and was all 'OMG I TOUCHED SHANTS SHIRT!' And I just looked at the people around me and we started cracking up lol.

Finally Paramore came on. I think it goes without saying that they were fucking amazing. I don't think they ever have bad days, they just sound so amazing all of the time. The crowd got even crazier but I didn't care because Paramore was on. I'm not going to go through the whole set because I did it in my last review and everything was the same, except I think Paramore put on a slightly better performance because the crowd was so much crazier. I'm sure their amount of energy gets fed by the energy of the crowd. At one point, Hayley pulled this girl Harley up on stage. This girl is INSANE because I've seen her at every Paramore show I've been too. Apparently she's seen Paramore 17 times!!! It was her birthday so Hayley had everyone sing happy birthday to her, it was so cute! So the show went on and about halfway through their set, I managed to shove myself to the dead front. I was only one person back! And I was dead center, in front of Hayley! When she leaned into the crowd, she was literally over my head! I have no idea how I managed to get there but it was pretty freaking amazing. She kept grabbing my hand and making eye contact with me. She must have grabbed my hand and held on to it at least five times. Plus, she kept putting the mic into the crowd so I got to sing into it. I couldn't get good pictures cause I was being crushed. By the time their set was coming to the end I was so absolutly exhausted and hot I couldn't even sing the lyrics anymore. I could barely breath!! Seriously, the crowd was crazy but it was all worth it. The most amazing show of my LIFE!

The set ended and everyone started to leave. I had to find Gina because she had to leave halfway through Paramore's set since she's so short. She was literally getting crushed so she finally went to the back. I found her and we went to Paramore's merch table and I bought one of their posters and I handed this letter I wrote to Hayley and the band (I'm gay I know.) to the merch girl to give to Hayley because I wasn't sure if I'd get a chance to talk to any of them after the show or not. We went to This Providence's merch table because they were selling their C.D. for five bux. Dan was there so we told him how amazing they were and he was super sweet. I LOVE HIM!! Then he autographed my TP sticker.

So me and Gina went outside and we figured if we were going to get a chance to talk to Paramore the best place to stand would be outside of their tour bus. Lol, kind of stalkerish but whatever. So we sat there and Hunter, Josh, Jeremy, and Hayley were walking in and out of the bus loading equipment up and stuff. They said hi to us but didn't stop. A girl asked Hayley if she would talk to us and Hayley said that we she technically wasn't supposed to because of the meet and greets and how it was supposed to be like an exclusive thing but then she said if we hung around the bus for like 45 minutes until most people left, then she would come over to talk to us. So a bunch of people came over and waited with us at the bus but a lot of people started to leave. Hayley finally came out and by that time there was only Gina and I and like five other people. So she just hung around and chilled with us and talked to us it was so rad!!! We just all talked about random shit. At one point other people were sort of looking in our direction so Hayley goes 'Oh no guys, I think other people are catching on.' Lol, so we all stood on our tippytoes in a circle around her so no one else could see that we were talking to her. She signed my poster and when she saw Josh's signature she goes 'Josh always signs my butt!! He claims that's the only spot were it shows up but that's a lie.' Lol and she signed Gina's EP. Then we both took pictures with her. Hayley put her arm around me and I'm like 'I'm disgusting.' And she goes 'Dude .... I havn't showered in three days.' So I started laughing hysterically which explains my expression in the picture lol. Anway we hung around for a little longer. She noticed my TWLOHA shirt and complimented it. As we were about to leave I went 'Hayley i left something for you with your merch. girl.' And she goes 'Oh yeah! I totally saw that! ' And I was like 'Did you open it?' And she goes 'Not yet, I was going to open it as soon as i got back into the bus. Thank you so much!' So finally we said good bye and left. BEST NIGHT EVERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=3407531[/quote']

you mentioned me!

thanks!! haha.

^ Aw haha.

So' date=' 8/13/06 = pretty much the best night of my life. Paramore played with Cute Is What We Aim For, Hit The Lights, and This Providence at the School of Rock in S. Hackensack, NJ. This is going to be a long one so bear with me ...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=3407531[/quote']

you're so lucky!

Haha. I miss it too but I get to do it again Wednesday and it looks like you do too haha. SO it'll be lurve.

Yeah but, the show moved to the 27th of September. Dude, that's a school night. OMG man. LOL. THAT'S A SCHOOL NIGHT! lol I dont think I cant go because of that either.

I know it's kind of late for me to post my small review and stuff about August 13th show at the school of Rock, but here it goes.

Well I woke up in the morning called my godbrother up screaming "OMG PARAMORE! I FINALLY GET TO SEE PARAMORE! AND CIWWAF! AND HTL! AND TP!". Yeah. so we arrived there around 5. And there was a line of people already. Good thing is, that when I arrived Paramore came out of there tour bus and everyone went quiet, and my jaw, of course, dropped. Then yeah I said Hi! to each of them and they said Hi back!

On the other hand, CIWWAF and HTL were fooling around with their scooters. And TP came a little lat. LOL. Finally! doors are open. I go skipping through the hallways of the School Of Rock, while my godbrother, behind me, thought I was weird. As soon as I got in, I went straight to Paramore's merch, and within 15 seconds I spent $51. LOL.

So first set was This Providence, which I thought was awesome. All of them are cuties! and nice too! Then Hit The Lights, which made the crowd go wild with their bodysurfing. LOL. Third comes CIWWAF, which was funny since Shaant tried doing tricks with the mic. Lastly, was probably one of the best sets ive seen in my life, Paramore. So yeah Hayley starts coming on the stage and Im like O_O. ahah yeah. Then Emergency comes on everyone screams. Probably right after Conspiracy, it was kind of quiet, from there I yelled out,"YOU'RE AWESOME!" to Hayley. Proudly, she replied on stage saying,"Thanks! You're awesome too!". AHah probably one of the greatest moments of my life. Later on we sang Happy Birthday to Harlee, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! lol. That was fun too. Then comes Woah, where she says, "GOD BLESS YOU NEW JERSEY!". And kind of sad to say, I cried. To tell you the truth, I have never been that happy in my life.

Right after the show I chilled with Rachel, and some of the others guy from the boards who I forgot their names were, SORRY! lol. But overall it was fun. I didn't get to stay around and chill with Paramore though, but Rachel got me an autographed CD, and Hayley said she wished I stuck around to meet them. Well there's always next time! =)

Here's my album of the pictures from the Night Of My Life.

http://www.fotki.com/xlaiamore/paramorehtsor

And videos!

- Franklin the Story

- Pressure

- Brighter

- My Heart

Video/moment that made me cry a lil LOL.

- Woah

More videos coming soon just stick around! CIWWAF, TP, and Paramore.

Love,

Allyza.