All We Know

thenbxmas

yeah...so I heard there's an acoustic version of the song floating around somewhere. If you have it, please hook me up?

Haha, I hope she actually sings the high note in the chorus instead of crapping out on it with a medocre, low-version of the "know". That would be cool, and proof to us in doubt, that she actually isn't (for the LEAST part) studio enhanced. Yup. :roll:

I didn't say ALL the songs were studio enhanced..but when you're an experienced musician..your ear picks up things that maybe other people don't. A few of high notes on AWKIF sound computerized..no doubt..but I'm not saying she's studio made. Studio made and studio enhanced are two completely different things. She has a great voice, no denying it, but you can tell (if you've been in and out of the recording studio as I have) that she does have some help with her voice at times.

As for the acoustic version of "Hallelujah", you picked a bad song to defend her voice. The first high note she sings.."somehow everything's gonna fall" is sharp. I'm not trying to diss on Hayley either, so all you crazy defensive fans don't freak out. It's a FACT that it IS sharp..just listen.

Don't get me wrong..I love Hayley's voice..everything..but she may be somewhat enhanced (and there's nothing wrong with that). As for seeing her live. I have..both times I saw her, she shyed away from that high note.. all I'm saying is...maybe she can't do it as well live as on the recording.. that's all. Don't flip out and yell at me..I mean no harm against her.

By the way-- I completely agree that SOME of the acoustic recordings are better than the studio ones but never have I seen..or heard a live recording that was anything remotely like the album. Live..she sings a lot of the songs too low..and boyish..but I think that's only because she's not getting a big enough breath beforehand..so it's really not her fault..

blah..anyway..that's all I have to say for now.

Sorry I didn't mean to seem harsh or anything.

I didn't say ALL the songs were studio enhanced..but when you're an experienced musician..your ear picks up things that maybe other people don't. A few of high notes on AWKIF sound computerized..no doubt..but I'm not saying she's studio made. Studio made and studio enhanced are two completely different things. She has a great voice, no denying it, but you can tell (if you've been in and out of the recording studio as I have) that she does have some help with her voice at times.

I too am a musician, and I realize that. But just listen to any one of todays "popular" singers do a live performance... :shock: and compare it to Hayley's. In my opinion she is phenomenal compared to most vocalists, especially for her age, so I just have trouble accepting it when people criticize her.

The acoustic hallelujah performance is absolutely amazing... I am more captivated by the emotion and energy in one's voice than whether or not they hit every note to the perfect pitch. If that's what I wanted to hear I could just listen to the CD.

As for the high note in All We Know, I am pretty sure she could sing it live just as well. It's not even that high of a note compared to some others that she does live all the time. Perhaps its just alot of strain on her voice to sustain it like that several times throughout the song, and she would rather not lose her voice after playing shows??? I dunno :)

hahah Ashlee Simpson.. I'm sorry.

You're right..she's a hell of a lot more talented live..but I think it would be more impressive if she tried a little harder to sound like the recordings. I don't listen to music for emotion, personally, I can get all those emotions by myself..but I want to hear great vocals when I go to shows.. in that recording from Fat Tuesday's or whatever (I don't know if that's what it is..but it came to my computer that way) she totally fucks up the entire song "Emergency" I was really disappointed. She's sounded a lot better.. I don't think she gets enough air to sustain the great vocals we hear elsewhere. It's really hot on those stages too, trust me, I've been there. You come off the stage like you just came out of the shower. Given the situation, I'd say she does the best she can..

that was one big ramble haha.

I've heard her sing the high note in All We Know live. She can hit it, but I don't blame her for not straining her voice night in and night out.

As for studio enhanced, there's virtually no album made these days that doesn't have some autotune helping out the vocals somewhere.

I'm sure I've seen videos of hayley hitting that note live... but yea it is somewhat dissappointing that she doesn't try to do it all the time. It's probably just really stressful on her voice. Plus its gotta be hard to sing like that while putting on such an energetic stage performance.... not just for that note but for all their songs.

I've heard her sing the high note in All We Know live. She can hit it' date=' but I don't blame her for not straining her voice night in and night out.

As for studio enhanced, there's virtually no album made these days that doesn't have some autotune helping out the vocals somewhere.[/quote']

yeah...and when they were in the studio she wasnt out preforming every night and in a van traveling all over the place...

ha. yeah i used to be like that. but then i realized that this is the internet and there's no need to get worked up about random crap. there's also the fact that people have their own opinions and that they don't always need to agree with you. some of you seem to be attacking thenbxmas though....

thank you..

you're right..it's really not worth arguing about. There are plenty of other people that share the same all positive opinions about Paramore..but then there are people with diverse opinions and it's really not fair to pick on them. Haha. and anyway, I think Paramore would be a little weirded out if all their fans knew everything about them and had no real criticism about anything about them. If I didn't know you guys..and you were practically worshiping me, I'd say you were either sucking up..or out to murder me or something.

I think Paramore would be a little weirded out if all their fans knew everything about them and had no real criticism about anything about them.

Its not like everyone on here has absolutely no criticism about the band... They have their strong and weak points, just as any other band does. People on this board are very nice and probably keep most of their criticism to themselves though.

But I think your original post came off as a bit harsh, and when accusing hayley of being studio enhanced it might've offended some people if taken the wrong way.