SAN DIEGO WARPED TOUR 7/6

stephler

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowd surfing at Paramore shows...I wonder if we'll see more of that on the headlining tour or if it's primarily just a Warped thing from people who don't care too much about what band they're seeing but are just there to act nuts.

last 2 paramore shows i've been to there have been crowdsurfers. the most are usually during emergency. that seems to get the people going.

Crowd surfing at Paramore shows...I wonder if we'll see more of that on the headlining tour or if it's primarily just a Warped thing from people who don't care too much about what band they're seeing but are just there to act nuts.

last 2 paramore shows i've been to there have been crowdsurfers. the most are usually during emergency. that seems to get the people going.

Yeah - at Raleigh it was that and Pressure...

Good to see people love Emergency - I think it's going to be a big single...

^ Emergency ROCKED. wasnt much of a fan of it initially, just loved it-ish. but after i heard the acoustic and saw the live version (Boardwalk i think) i FELL IN LOVE with it.. now its on repeat =D

yeah i guess maybe i'll type out my warped experience now. this may take awhile. but i'm going and try to give a short version.

so i got a free ticket from the island street team and i got let in a couple hours early. i was basically walking around the place w/ my two other friends and saw josh and we hugged and i asked him where they were playing and he was said "we're playing first on the mainstage!" then i told him that they were "movin on up in the world" then he was like "you know it!" then i told him that i would see him later. so i go back and get the schedule and noticed that they were on the teddy bear stage so i headed on over. ajax and zac we're doing soundcheck so then i waved to them and they waved back. i kind of just sat by the barricade to man my position but then i noticed the metal barricade was scorching my ass so i like kind of jumped up and turned around and jeremy was like "hi human bakery!" hhaha it was slightly embarassing because i kind of yelped. anyways it was already hotter than an inferno and he was in a beanie, blazer, jeans, and a long sleeve shirt so i asked him if he was hot and he said no this is perfect weather then he asked me if i was and i was sweating like a hog and i was said obviously. he laughed and said he would see me later. um i didn't really talk to hunter. but then hayley and josh walked by and she came up and hugged me and i told her good luck and she said thanks and that she would see me later. so then people started coming in the venue and i was still manning my postition. they played at 11:45 am. they played their usual songs. then they said that they would have a signing at 2:30 at some tent i can't remember now. so i also had this VIP warped pass because i "gave blood" so i got to go backstage and stuff. so i went and saw silverstein from backstage and saw my friend pushing thru the crowd and getting wacked in the face. um then i met that gym class heroes guy because the leader of my street team was their tour manager and i also got a free shirt. so then i went to the signing waited in line. then when i got there it looked like somebody was taping them. then hayley introduced us to the camera and said "this is the human bakery they are our best fans in the world" i asked them about the trampoline and they said that they couldn't bring their trailer but that's where it was. the other part of the human bakery, my friend genna, asked them to sign her condom. they looked shocked because that was apparently a first and they got that on video as well. haha. then i moved down the line and i told josh that since they're going to be on their break, new rainbow songs need to be released, and he said oh yeah probably one new song. then there was jeremy, zac and ajax, and zac was like "whoa favorite people in the world EVER" i donated $60 to the ajax fund which surprised them. then ajax was like i'm so jumping over you right now. and i said uh we're in a tent how about later. i told him that i would meet him at my american heart and he said that's better. so i got backstage for my american heart and saw hayley, josh, zac, and ajax there, but it got kind of boring because i don't like them that much so i left and went backstage for hellogoodbye and family force 5. then i had to do street team crap. then i bought a paramore shirt that says MORE MORE MORE on the front and paramore on the back. first item of merch i have ever bought. haha. then i went backstage for the academy is and then i went behind the mainstages and found zac and told him to get ajax to jump over me. so he called ajax and said that it's jumping time or something. so zac scooted away to talk to underoath. then ajax comes w/ josh and they're like are you ready. but i was kind of already walking away because jack's manneuqin was playing and watched them for awhile. then josh and ajax came behind me and my friend genna and were watching too. then i was like i'm ready. so then josh was like i'll tape it. so ajax jumped over me. i said that i'll see them on their last warped date and he said that they'll probably be playing hurley or the mainstage. then i lefttttt. so i got pictures w/ josh and zac and andrew mcmahon and haha shane west. it was a good show for not paying any money at all.

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01896.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

ajaxjump2.jpg

ajaxjump.jpg

Awesome story...you're famous! :)

A shirt that says MORE MORE MORE on the front and Paramore on the back? That sounds like the buttons they had, but they didn't have that as a shirt when I saw them... Post a pic! I want to see it...

They've had a camera crew following them on this whole tour...you've got to ask them what it's for...I'm REALLY curious...

Yep - that is DEFINITELY a new shirt. Were they selling it at the Paramore merch tent? It's so much less...artsy than their other shirts...it's cool though...I like it :)

The drumstick signed in multiple colors of Sharpie is AWESOME. Did they all have different color Sharpies or did you bring them?

they had different sharpies. yeah they sold it at the merch tent. i'm so glad i found a paramore shirt i really like. oh and i look black because there was no flash. my normal skin tone is my picture w/ josh ok. are you happy. i'm pale nikki.

um no. that's the only one that really caught my eye because i've seen all the others before. they had that hoodie design on a t-shirt. aldie wasn't their merch guy....it was some rotund fellow. but i tipped him $5.

um no. that's the only one that really caught my eye because i've seen all the others before. they had that hoodie design on a t-shirt. aldie wasn't their merch guy....it was some rotund fellow. but i tipped him $5.

Yeah...that hoodie design is kind of neat, but it's a little too feminine for me to wear it, imo...I love the Paramore hoodie I bought off the FBR store awhile back though...they didn't have that one for long though...

Sounds like Big John (I think that's his name) is still doing their merch - it was his b-day in Raleigh...

yeah haha shane west and family force 5 were like the highlights of my warped tour.

Somebody fill me in on Family Force 5, 'cause that's who Paramore was doing their interview with before I interviewed them...or that's what Melanie told me...

family force 5 is amazinggggggg look at their myspace. paramore signed my purse too.

I tried, but I'm at work - all myspace is blocked...I did check out their website, which is nuts.

At first I thought FF5 was interviewing Paramore (that's kind of how it sounded when Melanie told me), but I guess they were doing an interview together or something...

i guess family force 5 is christian crunk rock?

LOL. That's awesome. I'll have to check that out...

I bet they and Paramore were doing an interview together for a Christian publication or something...I wonder who it was for...

um just for a couple dates. they put on an AMAZING show. they have some crazy man just dancing in the background. and everybody in the band dances like a lot. their bass player was doing like tummy rolls i'm seeing them again on july 15th. i'm so excited. best performance at warped for me. i mean i've seen the same paramore set like 5 times so i guess it wasn't AMAZING but yeah FF5 was my favorite for sureeeee. and i was on stage for there performance too.

um just for a couple dates. they put on an AMAZING show. they have some crazy man just dancing in the background. and everybody in the band dances like a lot. their bass player was doing like tummy rolls i'm seeing them again on july 15th. i'm so excited. best performance at warped for me. i mean i've seen the same paramore set like 5 times so i guess it wasn't AMAZING but yeah FF5 was my favorite for sureeeee. and i was on stage for there performance too.

Sounds like we need a FF5 thread in Other Music...I've got to check them out when I get home...I wonder if they were on the Raleigh date...I guess they were if Paramore was doing an interview with them...or maybe it was via phone or something...hmmm...wish I had seen them.