Mayday Parade

kissablexthreat

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've listened to the album a few times through now so I think I can make a relatively okay analysis of it now. haha.

The first thing I have to say is that I did not have extremely high expectations for this album even though Mayday Parade is one of my favorite bands. I had the whole state of mind that this is going to be a transition release for them, after losing Jason and whatnot, and thus far I think that's proven to be true. You have a couple songs on the album that are very similar to their old songs (I Swear This Time I Mean It and Center Of Attention are the ones that I think show that) but most of the rest of the album is kind of a deviation. Either to a darker side (The Silence) or a completely pop side (Kids in Love).

That being said I'm not at all disappointed with the album, I actually enjoy it quite a bit... but its different. And I think the reason I do enjoy it is because I was preparing myself ahead of time for the album to be different and not have the same things that I loved about the old Mayday stuff. I will admit that the lack of duel vocals is really the only thing this album is lacking for me personally. But I understand that without Jason that was highly unlikely for that to happen, even though Jake and Jeremy can both sing. I just wished there had been a bit more obvious backing vocals or something. Dont get me wrong, I love Derek's voice, but some variation would have been cool.

Well, yeah, thats all I gotta say about that.

As for my favorite tracks on the album I would say This Time I Swear I Mean It, Save Your Heart, Still Breathing and Kids In Love.

Except done about a thousand times better. To be honest, most of Mayday's material verges on cliché anyway, but sometimes they pull it off really well ala Get Up. Which is pitch-perfect pop rock.

The slower songs were worse on this but the faster songs are just as good.

Yes, its true Mayday did it better, but that still doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

And I would also agree with the whole slow song not being as good, but its also gonna be hard to compare to their old ballads. But at the same time I think that the tracks actually are good.

• 2 weeks later...
hook me up plz

I didn't see this.

I would agree so much about the bonus tracks.

They're insanely good. I always get baffled when bands decided to make some of their best songs bsides. Its kinda of stupid if you ask me.

It depends what fits in with the feel/sound of the album really. Plus, it's all a matter of opinion anyway, the band themselves might actually dislike the songs! :lol:

• 5 months later...
love the new video.

it's "real" and not fantasy bs that most love videos are.

it's definitely weird for Mayday to put out an 18+ video though, considering their fanbase.

but i respect them a ton for having the guts to put it out.

I fucking love it.

The first time I watched I was in utter shock. But I watched it again and honestly, its one of the most beautifully put together music video I've ever seen. The raw cinematography is just beautiful. So artistic. So real. Its refreshing to be quite honest.

Unfortunately, this is gonna make them lose a lot of fans. But honestly, if they lose fans over this video, they weren't genuine fans in the first place.

I fucking love it.

The first time I watched I was in utter shock. But I watched it again and honestly, its one of the most beautifully put together music video I've ever seen. The raw cinematography is just beautiful. So artistic. So real. Its refreshing to be quite honest.

Unfortunately, this is gonna make them lose a lot of fans. But honestly, if they lose fans over this video, they weren't genuine fans in the first place.

agreed.

i watched it a second time and loved/appreciated it even more.

and yeah, a lot of fans will be pissed about it.. but hey, it's real