Bands similar to Paramore?

sincerelyme

Fireflight. I saw them last weekend and couldn't stop comparing everything they said and did to Paramore... which is sort of a good and bad thing (they remind me of Paramore, but they'll never measure up lol) I kept asking my friend if I should talk to them and see if they knew Paramore... cause like, they have the same setup and style and everything.

I talked to them later and this is how part of our conversation went lol...

Her: Did you see us earlier over there?

Me: Yeah you were really really good, you guys kind of reminded me of Paramore.. a little

Her: Oh man THANK YOU

Me: You like them?

Her: They're so awesome... so nice and everything.

Me: Yeah, they're my favorite band... easily.

Her: Probably mine too. Hayley actually introduced us at a festival, she's so cool... such an inspiration to me personally.

Me: That's awesome.

Then we talked about how amazing they are live, and she said she would love to tour with them or something... I couldn't stop smiling... then I preordered their CD. :)

Random... that'd be crazy if the singer in Fireflight was a member of these boards... she seemed to be a huge fan lol.

i really like this band called NEW YEARS DAY. u can try that. the ex-lead singer of homegrown is the guitarist. i really like ash's voice... but it does not compare to hayley's.

oh they are amazing. i saw them at the myspace anniversary show. they have the same style of music but you're right about hayley's voice.

Well, I don't know what people are specifically looking for, but I figured I'd just list a bunch of bands I know with female lead singers sooo... enjoy :)

Bikini Kill

Cranberries

Damone

Distillers

Evanescence

Fireflight

Flyleaf

Garbage

Hole [courtney love]

Joan Jett

Letters to Cleo

Lillix

New Years Day

No Doubt

Paramore

Pretty Girls Make Graves

Save Ferris

Sleater-Kinney

Spiderbait

Tsunami Bomb

Walls Of Jericho

That's all I can come up with, but uhhh hopefully it comes of use to some.

Fade to Scarlet

This is a new band I've found on myspace, they've only got one track up but it sounds like they've got a bit of promise;

http://www.myspace.com/fadetoscarlet

Their song Roll the Dice is kinda a mellow mid paced song, think My Heart (without the screaming bit), Hallelujah or even Here we Go Again.

My favorite girl fronted bands other then Paramore are Damone, The Hush Sound, The Sounds, and Eisley ... The Hush Sound and Eisley are a completely different sound than Paramore though. Damone and The Sounds are more 80's soundingish. i think Damone is the closest to Paramore .. give them a try they're really good!

http://www.myspace/damone