Valencia

get carried away

yesssssss, they're great! i was supposed to see them on the dead or alive tour with june this providence & this day and age but they dropped out cuz the week before the show, one of the band member's gf died. =( i was bummed they couldnt make it but i understood why they wouldnt wanna play.

anyways, they do have some great songs. one of my close friends is completely obsessed with them. lol.

• 2 months later...
the lead singer's voice reminds me of danny's from the audition a little..

yeah, at the beginning of the second song i always think that, but that's pretty much the only place in the album where i think he really does.

I used to only really love The Space Between, but now i love the whole album. The Closest I Am is such a good song.

• 2 weeks later...

omg i went to bamboozle left and i was juss walkin around the tents and then all of a sudden this guy wit an ipod and a box comes up to me askin me if i could take a min to listen to some musiq he had...i figured it was juss a guy who was in a band tryin to get their musiq out so i said yes and then i hear valencia's song 'the space between' and i automatically say ohh i listen to u guyz...and he says realli?! and he takes out some cds in the box and i juss thought that he worked for the band or something...tryin to promote them(i dont noe how the ppl in valenica looks like other than the lead singer cuz i barely heard about them) anyways so hes all 'so u like it?' and im like ya! and then he asked me if i wanted to buy something and i ended up buyin a shirt and a cd....and wen i got home and opened the cd...i saw the pix of the band and i found out that the guy i was talkin to was the guitarist and the person who sold me the merch was the drummer...and i was like...'man im sooo dumb!!!' if i went to see them perform than i think i woulda recognized them...but ya...he was realli nice! now i cant stop listening to them! :DDD

^^ same thing happened to me! haha except i think i sounded kinda rude to him, because he stopped me while on was on the way to see ATL's secret acoustic show, and i wanted to be in the front and stuff, so i was in a hurry. and he stopped me! haha but it's all good. i'm glad he did, because now i have the CD and i like it!

wow seriously?? haha datz so funni...and plus the thought of him being in the band never crossed my mind cuz i saw him doin the same thing while ppl were waiting in line for the gates to open...makin me think he was juss in a small band...but ya...i started laughin at how dumb i was not recognizing him! andi hated myself for it...lol

yup ATL is awesome so i wouldnt have blamed u...cuz i probably woulda done the same thing! lol

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing them tomorrow! w/ Boys Like Girls.. and like 12 other bands. yay!

i was at that show :) i was probably breking into poster-fights with my boyfriend half the time if you saw me haha.

anyways, that was the first time that i got to see Valencia and they were awesome. it took me a while to get really into them but i am addicted now. and they are playing in Boston while i'm home for Christmas break, so i get to see them again.

• 2 years later...

I'm rather the opposite. After having Better Be Prepared for like a month before the album's release, it doesn't hold the same effect on me as it did back then. Still an awesome song but All at Once, Safe to Say and Listen Up own it.

And Where Did You Go as well, but that's kinda an old song for me seeing as it was pretty much released last year on Shane's solo album. Just with some different lyrics and an acoustic guitar.