The Killers

Domenica

Just listened their album through and as for now I don't like it, but I hope it will grow on me. It's definitely different than their previous albums and credit for that. I like bands who are not affraid of making something different than what they have been making. I do like Spaceman though and Losing Touch is also fine, but I think I need to get used to the heavy use of synthesizers. In some part the album is very 80s, which doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't reckon anyone will read this but I don't care.

They were phenonemal last night, well worth the money. They played for just-over 90 minutes. Great set, mostly Day & Age, but they played all the singles from Hot Fuss and Sam's Town. PLUS: Shadowplay, Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine, Sam's Town (<3) and Bling.

We were right towards the back of the venue, but, surprisingly, they had two massive screens either size of the stage and an even bigger one to backdrop the band. The graphics were almost as good as the band. :rotfl:

Brandon was really sweet throughout, towards the end he was talking about how thankful he is for us sticking with them throughout moustaches and feathers. :rotfl:

To close the main set, they did Mr. Brightside and All These Things That I've Done (i cried xD) then for the encore they did: Bones, Jenny, Losing Touch and When You Were Young.

OUTSTANDING performance, plus I got a cool poster from the set of Human and a wicked t-shirt. It's purple and says I GOT SOUL on the front BUT I'M NOT A SOLIDER on the back.

:hyper:

I don't reckon anyone will read this but I don't care.

They were phenonemal last night, well worth the money. They played for just-over 90 minutes. Great set, mostly Day & Age, but they played all the singles from Hot Fuss and Sam's Town. PLUS: Shadowplay, Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine, Sam's Town (<3) and Bling.

We were right towards the back of the venue, but, surprisingly, they had two massive screens either size of the stage and an even bigger one to backdrop the band. The graphics were almost as good as the band. :rotfl:

Brandon was really sweet throughout, towards the end he was talking about how thankful he is for us sticking with them throughout moustaches and feathers. :rotfl:

To close the main set, they did Mr. Brightside and All These Things That I've Done (i cried xD) then for the encore they did: Bones, Jenny, Losing Touch and When You Were Young.

OUTSTANDING performance, plus I got a cool poster from the set of Human and a wicked t-shirt. It's purple and says I GOT SOUL on the front BUT I'M NOT A SOLIDER on the back.

:hyper:

You could be hyper, Shanny. Haha. I wish I had been there. But the next time haha:D

Well, I've read it as you can see. ;-)

Awh, why? :D

I'm listening to All these things i've done, and i liked this part alot;

When there's nowhere else to run

Is there room for one more son

One more son

If you can hold on

If you can hold on, hold on

Especially how those last 2 lines sound like.

Of course, Mr. Brightside is epic. Did you know, that is the only song they have played at every concert, it was also the first they did as a group. :)

I remember just before they played it at my show, Brandon said "Let's give them something to talk about." he was right, they played superbly. Lol, did I just say superbly? xD

Superbly? :D

I didn't not know that !

I think there one of those uniqe bands :)

I can't help but like Spacemen alot.

It's just so damn catchy!

Indeed. My aunty reckons it's the greatest single they've realised yet.

That, for me, is a difficult assumption to make as they're all fantastic in their own ways, but Spaceman certainly is something!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Killers frontman Brandon Flowers and his wife, Tana, welcomed their second child into the world last week.

The baby boy is named Gunner and joins older brother Ammon.

Speaking on the new baby name, Flowers explained, "[Gunner] is a tough name. I had to have something that combats against the Flowers."

A rep for the Killers said, "Both baby and parents are healthy and happy."

Congrats!

Awwwwwh :D

• 11 months later...

can't believe this thread is so empty :ph34r:

Did you hear Brandon's new single,'Crossfire'? If not,click here ;)

I've been a fan of the Killers for around 2 years now,they're my 3rd favorite band :mrgreen: are there any other Killers fans round here?

• 2 weeks later...