paramore summer tic EP

zstand

I dont know if any of you know this or anything but i just got some stuff in the mail for the paramore street team and it sais that the summer tic EP will be on paramore.net for sale. Howeverrr i have not seen any other information about it so maybe they'll start doing it once they start there headlining tour or something.. just thought i'd throw that out there.

Well, here's some interesting news from the paramoremusic LJ community...posted by kat_litter...

the summer tic no longer for sale?

did anyone notice that The Summer Tic EP is not available for sale at the FBR webstore anymore? i think it has been taken down. you can still see it on their catalogue but the site won't let you buy it.

last night (in Toronto, 080606), i was supposed to buy the EP and the more more more shirt but those items weren't available at their merch booth. i asked their merchgirl why they didn't have it for sale but all she said was that they had to limit what they were bringing across the border. i was pretty bummed 'cause i really wanted to get that EP.

but then after the show, i had a little chat with Josh and he said that they didn't have rights to Stuck on You (originally by Failure) so they couldn't sell it. what do you guys think?

Guess we'll see if it's still for sale at the US shows or not...it seems like they would have gotten the rights from Failure before putting the song out...and I thought the way covers worked was that you pretty much just paid royalties to the original artist and then you could cover the song....interesting....

Well, here's some interesting news from the paramoremusic LJ community...posted by kat_litter...

the summer tic no longer for sale?

did anyone notice that The Summer Tic EP is not available for sale at the FBR webstore anymore? i think it has been taken down. you can still see it on their catalogue but the site won't let you buy it.

last night (in Toronto, 080606), i was supposed to buy the EP and the more more more shirt but those items weren't available at their merch booth. i asked their merchgirl why they didn't have it for sale but all she said was that they had to limit what they were bringing across the border. i was pretty bummed 'cause i really wanted to get that EP.

but then after the show, i had a little chat with Josh and he said that they didn't have rights to Stuck on You (originally by Failure) so they couldn't sell it. what do you guys think?

Guess we'll see if it's still for sale at the US shows or not...it seems like they would have gotten the rights from Failure before putting the song out...and I thought the way covers worked was that you pretty much just paid royalties to the original artist and then you could cover the song....interesting....

That's really interesting, Brent.

I'd think they'd have to have the rights to "Stuck On You" before putting it on any release, but maybe not since they only sold it on Warped tour and it wasn't an official store release? Maybe they don't have the rights to sell it in Canada, and online anymore.

I'd like to know more about that..who knows, maybe it'll become a Paramore collectors item :D I knew I should have bought a 2nd copy...LOL

That's really interesting' date=' Brent.

I'd think they'd have to have the rights to "Stuck On You" before putting it on any release, but maybe not since they only sold it on Warped tour and it wasn't an official store release? Maybe they don't have the rights to sell it in Canada, and online anymore.

I'd like to know more about that..who knows, maybe it'll become a Paramore collectors item :D I knew I should have bought a 2nd copy...LOL[/quote']

It might have been a Canadian thing, actually...hmmm.......guess we'll see if it shows up at the remainder of the shows...

Really good that FBR also decreased shipping fees to a fair amount of

3,50 $ International Postal costs.

They are now part of my alltime fav music stores list for not ripping off International Fans with shipping fees kinda 13 to 18 $ per cd :)

like a lot of others.

So i got it for at all 8,50 $ including shipping to Europe.

Superfair and u can also buy it via Paypal .

------------------------

Update : Out of Stock as mentioned in the post above ....

Anyways , great shipping fees :D

Really good that FBR also decreased shipping fees to a fair amount of

3,50 $ International Postal costs.

They are now part of my alltime fav music stores list for not ripping off International Fans with shipping fees kinda 13 to 18 $ per cd :)

like a lot of others.

So i got it for at all 8,50 $ including shipping to Europe.

Superfair and u can also buy it via Paypal .

------------------------

Update : Out of Stock as mentioned in the post above ....

Anyways , great shipping fees :D

• 3 weeks later...