Site/Boards Will Be Down - REVISED/EDITED AUGUST 12th

Ashhh

EDIT: We'll likely have another short outage tonight (August 12th) or tomorrow night (August 13th) as we finalize the transition. This will be SHORT...so don't worry too much. We'll be back up in a jiffy...

Hey guys,

We're switching to a paid hosting company so that we can host some awesome media and have no ads on the site... so Thursday, August 10th, around 1am (Eastern) the site will be down while we're switching over the nameservers and transfering everything... it should only take a few hours, but it could take longer.

We just wanted to let everyone know what's going on (you'll get an email too, just because not everyone will read this), and prepare for the site to be better than ever in the near future and I'm not just saying that haha..

-The PF.com Family haha

Make sure you back up all your stuff really well!

When my (my site, well I am part of a three person staff) site had a server change the gallery went cu-put and a few other things got screwed up (dead links, messed up fonts on the pages). Also we totally got screwed over by our old hosting company. They sold off our domain name to some guy and, locked the account so we couldn't transfer information to the new host. So we had to switch from ".com" to ".org" and it's final resting place at ".net". After a long few months everything got fixed, and I put a new gallery together. There are still la few dead links but, that's just because we haven't gotten around to re-loading it to the server. Woo go team!