8/17 - Recher Theatre - Towson, MD

thebrowncoat

Yeah...my review was kind of Hayley focused 'cause all the news last night was about her, but I shouldn't undersell how spectacular everyone else in the band was. They all sounded as good as I've ever heard them - the set is just so tight and the intros and links they've added between the songs sound spectacular.

And you're absolutely right that they'd all push through to put on a great show. In fact, I'm pretty sure Zac's already been sick earlier on this tour...

yeah, it is pretty cool to be able to see them as they constantly improve. they are better each time they perform.

i was there. it was wonderful. i saw you brent, and i told the guys i was with, that's the moderator of their message board! lol. but i didn't say anything to you. cuz i'm shy. and yeah i went to the meet and greet but stood in the back the whole time cuz of the shyness. ohh well, it was wonderful anyways.

i was there. it was wonderful. i saw you brent, and i told the guys i was with, that's the moderator of their message board! lol. but i didn't say anything to you. cuz i'm shy. and yeah i went to the meet and greet but stood in the back the whole time cuz of the shyness. ohh well, it was wonderful anyways.

Oh, you should have come and said hi...did you get to talk to them at all? I would have introduced you...

Really, I don't think it matters one bit what they play as long as she gets better. Right now, the most important thing is for her to take care of her voice and herself...would I have loved to hear Hallelujah? Absolutely. But I really, really don't want her to sing it if she can't or it's going to hurt her voice...and that and Brighter are (I would guess) the hardest songs in the set to sing.

Go to the show tonight and just give her and the band all the support and love and prayers that you can.

Ok, so let's see...more about the show...the setlist was:

Intro

Emergency

Here We Go Again

Conspiracy

Pressure

All We Know

Never Let This Go

Franklin

Whoa

My Heart (encore)

I've already kind of said what I thought of the show on the main page and in the Hayley thread...I thought the show was amazing. The meet & greets are really great - there were about 30 people there, give or take, and the band just comes out and hangs out, talks to everyone, wanders around from group to group...it's really neat and so different from the way most meet & greets go. I talked to Josh for a bit during the m&g and Hayley for a bit after we gave her the note and it was just great to see them again.

I was right upfront on the barricade, but I was, unfortunately, way too close to the right speakers and, well, they had something not quite right with the sound because I'm practically deaf today. There were times when the vocals, particularly during This Providence's set, made my head feel like it was going to explode...I don't know what it was, but the frequencies or something were just off...anyway, that wasn't a problem once Paramore took the stage :)

I continue to be amazed by how much they've grown as a band...the intros to the songs and the way they're stringing the songs together are just brilliant...it feels like a full, great show instead of them playing their songs. Not that they were ever anything but great onstage before, but every time I see them, they get better and better. It's just phenomenal how much they've grown...and as for the crowd, yeah, they could have been a little more into it at times, but considering the last time they played Recher, there were maybe 100 people there and this time it was sold out, I'd say that's a MAJOR improvement :)

Talked to Josh a bit after the show...he convinced me to attempt riding his scooter, which I initially refused, then gave a rather lame try. I'm sure I looked like a complete idiot, but it was fun anyway :)

Anyway, pray for Hayley...if you're going to an upcoming show, show her and the band how much you love them and give them all the support you can...they're really giving this tour everything they have and it's brilliant.

yeah that show was so great...that was soo crazy to see all those people behind us.sucks that we were right next to the speaker...we kept getting pushed over and over cause we were definatly alot closer to the middle at the beginning. i got home and my ears were ringing even when i woke up this morning. i wish i wouldnt have forgot my camera...i was so upset about that.

that note was the best....and that bartender apparently didnt need that pen cause it was still on the bar when the show was over haha.

oh and by the way brent....i know you loved it when they played that outkast song! and i know secretly you wanted to dance with the rest of us :).

Hahah, I'm extreamly shy too, so me & my friends were just standing there, & Josh came up to us, so that was neat.

I didn't feel like I was bothering him, since he initiated [i doubt I spelled that right] the conversation.

My ears are still ringing, although I can basically hear again, so that's good...

And, no, I did not want to dance to Hey Ya when it was played over the PA :)

Giving Hayley the note was great - it was really nice to be able to talk to her quietly for a few minutes...I just really, really hope she gets better soon...I wish there was something more we could do to help her healing along...

I've got a few pics of the show that I'll post eventually - since we kind of wound up off to the side a bit, they're not that great, so I'm in no rush to post them...trust me - they won't make your best Paramore pics list or anything like that :)