Paramore on Steven's untitled rock show tonight 8/23

Sami

^ yea definatly its almost like a double edged sword like on one side its good because ur happy for them and you want them to succeed but at the same time the band gets less personal and less in touch with fans

Exactly. I really hope I get to meet Paramore on the next tour they do, before they get huge and can't keep up with their millions and millions of fans :)

They're just one of those bands that are inevitably going to get huge, kind of like... Cartel. They're one of those bands too.

It's good to see someone that actually wants them to succeed and get bigger. Most people I know see that bands they like are starting to be played on MTV2 and stuff like that and they start saying that they don't like them anymore, and start calling them sellouts. I've never done so, but there have been times that I've wished bands weren't as big as they were [mostly because, we all know once bands get bigger they usually don't hang out with fans as much]. Anyway, I just think it's cool to see people actually supporting the band all the way. They deserve every single fan they get, and every second of exposure they get on tv. :]

You're not a sellout if people like you - as a band, isn't that what you want? If you dramatically change your style to make yourself more marketable; if you're not doing something that's true to yourself and what's in your heart - then you're a sellout.

But getting popular doesn't make you a sellout in my book...

And as for Paramore, like just about every band, I know they want to be successful and have the music they care so passionately about be heard by as many people as possible...so I really do want them to be successful. Plus, everyone who's out there who hasn't heard them deserves to hear a band this good... :) Even if it means we all get to hang out with them a little bit less :)

They're so down to earth and such great people though that I don't think we'll ever see it go to their heads...they'll find a way to keep in touch with the fans, even if it's different from what they're able to do now...

You're not a sellout if people like you - as a band, isn't that what you want? If you dramatically change your style to make yourself more marketable; if you're not doing something that's true to yourself and what's in your heart - then you're a sellout.

But getting popular doesn't make you a sellout in my book...

And as for Paramore, like just about every band, I know they want to be successful and have the music they care so passionately about be heard by as many people as possible...so I really do want them to be successful. Plus, everyone who's out there who hasn't heard them deserves to hear a band this good... :) Even if it means we all get to hang out with them a little bit less :)

They're so down to earth and such great people though that I don't think we'll ever see it go to their heads...they'll find a way to keep in touch with the fans, even if it's different from what they're able to do now...

I definately agree with everything you just said. All the way :)

They're gonna blow up with their next album. Watch.

thats exactly what ive been thinking

Give it another year or so and theyll be on mtv... maybe even sooner. It wouldnt surprise me at all. And i think its absolutely great for the band. I will be really happy for them.

but at the same time, it is inevitable that they will become less accessible as the number of fans multiplies...

which is why I'm doing everything i can to see them now as many times as possible before that happens.

I haven't heard Kevin Lyman say anything specific about Paramore (in fact, he left them off his list of potential Warped breakout bands in the Billboard interview with him), but he certainly gave them a bunch of shots on the main stage this summer...and Hayley got included in that Billboard photo shoot, so I think the buzz is definitely there.

ya i was going to say the same thing, about the billboard and all. I think if they break from being on Warped, and they're on it next year, then it'll definatly be next year. But in my opinion, they'll break before being on warped.

can someone tell me what Jeremy said at the end? my family picked that moment to start talking.

They were talking about how the fans in Japan clap and then get really quiet before you start playing again...so he was telling how Punchline tried to drop a pick when everyone got quiet to see if you could hear it...and you could :)

They were talking about how the fans in Japan clap and then get really quiet before you start playing again...so he was telling how Punchline tried to drop a pick when everyone got quiet to see if you could hear it...and you could :)

haha thanks. that's funny. i thought he said someting more than that, because i heard the words really quiet and dropping a pick. but thanks

haha thanks. that's funny. i thought he said someting more than that, because i heard the words really quiet and dropping a pick. but thanks

I think that's all he said - he wasn't holding the microphone anywhere near his mouth, so he was really hard to hear...

i think its sad that alot of people think you need to get on MTV to be "big"

Paramore is selling out their first headlining tour, isnt that big?

Absolutely - it's huge and it's awesome for the band. It all depends on what you define as big. If Paramore wants to one day be selling out Madison Square Garden, they might need MTV to do it though :)