Panic At The Disco

-ItsThatKillerSmile-

Their new album was such a drastic change of direction, which is where it's one real failing lies. Instead of easing into the transition, they pretty much dove right in. Releasing an EP about November-time (before the March release) featuring 3/4 album tracks, giving people time to adjust and the "this album sucks" mindset most fans have got themselves into now would not be as extreme as it currently is.

Unfortunately, nothing's that easy.

• 3 weeks later...
sammmee here!

people cant expect them to put out the saem ablum everytime!

i like that they changed there sound. i cant wait till to hear there next album!

Yeah exactly. They even said in an interview (I think it was on Stevens Untitled Rockshow) and they were like "Yeah we just werent into doing the old sound again, so we tried this". I'm glad that they did change the sound because I wouldnt want them to be doing something that they kind of phased out of. It took me a few months to like Pretty.Odd., but now I love it. (:

Yeah exactly. They even said in an interview (I think it was on Stevens Untitled Rockshow) and they were like "Yeah we just werent into doing the old sound again, so we tried this". I'm glad that they did change the sound because I wouldnt want them to be doing something that they kind of phased out of. It took me a few months to like Pretty.Odd., but now I love it. (:

they were thinking right way!

it was a fresh sound from my "pop punk" gerne (which i am getting sick tbh).

the whole beatles sound is pretty nice :]

they were thinking right way!

it was a fresh sound from my "pop punk" gerne (which i am getting sick tbh).

the whole beatles sound is pretty nice :]

Haha yeah. :]

And they're still amazing live too. They're definitley not as theatrical as they used to be, but that wouldnt go with the new album anyways. xD

Haha yeah. :]

And they're still amazing live too. They're definitley not as theatrical as they used to be, but that wouldnt go with the new album anyways. xD

yes! they have gotten to be soo much better. i remeber when i saw them the 1st time aand they kinda sucked. but now they are fantasticcc!

i like the fact they are trying to bring the focus to the music again!

yes! they have gotten to be soo much better. i remeber when i saw them the 1st time aand they kinda sucked. but now they are fantasticcc!

i like the fact they are trying to bring the focus to the music again!

Haha me too! Brendons voice was kinda shaky but now you can tell how much stronger it's gotten! Nothing Rhymes With Circus Tour was probably one of the funnest things I've ever been to though haha.

Yeah me too! And the fact that they don't care what people have to say about their music either. =]

Haha me too! Brendons voice was kinda shaky but now you can tell how much stronger it's gotten! Nothing Rhymes With Circus Tour was probably one of the funnest things I've ever been to though haha.

Yeah me too! And the fact that they don't care what people have to say about their music either. =]

i know! i think he was just scared out of his minddd! OMG I KNOW IT WASSS!

hahaha they do what they want. its pretty coool.

panic grew up and people should realize that. i fucking love them, and adore both albums. there change was drastic, but they realized they weren't teenagers anymore and should stop wearing eyeliner. they are sooo much better live now too, i agree.

eeeeek i just love 'em, sorry for the rant lol.

Don't apologise!

You basically gave a better, more thought out, version of my point. Kudos!

Panic knew the 'emo' scene was failing so they got out as quickly as they could.

hahahahah! true

panic grew up and people should realize that. i fucking love them, and adore both albums. there change was drastic, but they realized they weren't teenagers anymore and should stop wearing eyeliner. they are sooo much better live now too, i agree.

eeeeek i just love 'em, sorry for the rant lol.

agreeeeed!

• 7 months later...

Bump.

"Ryan Ross and Jon Walker will be leaving Panic at the Disco to embark on a musical excursion of their own. Though the four of us have made music together in the past, we’ve creatively evolved in different directions which has compromised what each of us want to personally achieve. Over the years, we have remained close and honest with each other, which helped us to realize that our goals were different and that parting ways is truly what is best for each of us. We are all excited for the future, you should be too.

-Ryan & Jon

Stay posted to the Panic site for updates on Ryan and Jon’s new project, as well as a message from Brendon and Spencer who will continue on as Panic At The Disco. All touring and album plans for Panic will continue as previously announced."

What in the world?!?!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm deathly afraid of what's going to happen to Panic now. I mean, Ryan was basically the backbone of Panic. I know that Brendon can write lyrics and music, but when compared to Ryan's abilities he was a novice. Oh man.... I'm worried.

What in the world?!?!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm deathly afraid of what's going to happen to Panic now. I mean, Ryan was basically the backbone of Panic. I know that Brendon can write lyrics and music, but when compared to Ryan's abilities he was a novice. Oh man.... I'm worried.

i agree with you. this seems to have come out of left field but then again i haven't been following Panic lately. hopefully brendon's songwriting abilities have improved in the past couple years.. otherwise they are doomed.