Bands/song suggestions

brighter__

If this is in the wrong thread, please move :) i wasn't sure it would be in here or in 'off topic' sorry.

Im going through a s**ty time right now, so i was wondering if anyone has any bands or songs suggestions for going through a break up...i know this may seem like a silly request...but it would be very much appericated.

thanks. :)

Okay (I know this is supposed to be suggestions only but I'm going in depth here)

well I pretty much went through this phase too when I was with this guy I'd been for a year and he broke up with me.

All I did was cry for pretty well 3 months.

First get rid of everrrry song and artist that reminds you of the relationship.In my case it was Snow Patrol,Keane,Jack Johnson,James Blunt and Hellogoodbye.

Next you want some angry-ish music,for me it was Rage Against The Machine mostly (I can provide you with some if you want) Then I went onto those kinda fuck-you-break-up songs (excuse the language)and girly pop songs (eg.The Ex and Perfect World by Billy Talent and Since You Been Gone,Kelly Clarkson ect.)Then you might want to pull out some of your old CDs ones you haven't listened to in forever and are kind ashamed to say you own (for me it was the first 2 Good Charlotte CDs haha)

Really you shouldn't be down about it for too long.As much as it may seem like the end of the world,things will get better.

When people told me that I was like LIESSSSS! and didn't believe them and thought I was meant to be with said person,and eventully me and the guy that broke up with me came crawling back,and I got back together with him only to realize I didn't need him like I thought I did and now 8 months later I'm better and now can listen to the Hellogoodbye cd without bawling my eyes out :)

That is really good advice, and I agree with it all :)

For me, I couldn't listen to any Relient K for a while, and I listened to songs that were kind of scathing/angry, but maybe not too angry. Some of the songs I can remember listening to were:

Wolf In Sheep's Clothing - This Providence

When I Get Home, You're So Dead - Mayday Parade

You're Not Welcome Here and Jabberjaw - Phantom Planet

The Spill Canvas

But by all means, try to avoid the depressing songs in any way possible. They'll do nothing but prolong those feelings that you don't want. And of course, like Alyssa said, all the pop-type songs and stuff you've haven't listened to for ages help. (For me I got back into that whole reggae-punk thing with Slightly Stoopid, Lucky Boys Confusion, Pepper, etc..)

Hope you feel better soon :)

One excellent song for getting past the "IT'S ALLLLL OVVVERRR!!" stage is Avril Lavigne - Move Your Little Self On. I don't care that it's Avril and I don't care that it's got a really country, weird vibe to it, the lyrics are excellent. Just go listen to it.

Anything Brand New is good to. See, emo does come in handy. I suggest Jude Law and a Semester Abroad, for getting all that inner hatred out. Better out than in.

I agree with the suggestion of Rise Against. Particularly Blood to Bleed, lyrically.

Simple Plan doesn't do too bad a job at hitting the spot either.

So a list if you were too lazy (or distraught) to read that:

Rise Against - Blood to Bleed

Brand New - Jude Law and a Semester Abroad

Avril Lavigne - Move Your Little Self On

Simple Plan - Perfect World

Mest - 2000 Miles

Anberlin - Paperthin Hymn

But there's many songs by these artists that'd help.

And kudos on using music to help you through life. Good luck.

senses fail always makes me feel better sounds cheesy but yea they do

how about emanuel?

Haha ME TO

For some strange reason, i listen to it everyday on the way to school

Just to make me feel better haha, now that sounds odd

Lady in a Blue Dress especially does it for me

But then i'm wierd so don't take my advice xP

move along by the all-american rejects!!! that is a great song with a great message. "...even when your hope is gone move along, move along just to make it through..."

it always helps me when i'm down, i just blast it, and sing my heart out. it's on their myspace...

let's see, what else... hmm. that's all i got right now. i'm so sorry you're going thru a crappy time right now. i hope it gets better soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...

"When You're Around" by Motion City Soundtrack

"Parking Lot" By Mineral

"So Sad To Say" By Mighty Mighty Bosstones

"Yesterday" By Mest

"My Friends Over You" by New Found Glory

"The Frightening Reality of the fact that we will all have to grow up and settle down some day" by Moneen (Prollly not a B-up song but its still beautiful)

"Our distance" by the Comeback Kid

"Love Is Only A feeling" by The Darkness (Of Course)

All i can think about for now

Ren

• 3 weeks later...

Okay

so

today,I complied my soundtrack for this sorta thing.

And I this is one of these no shame kinda lists,as I don't usually listen to some of these people or i used to and I still do every now and then.

So here's my list:

Bye Bye Boyfriend,Fefe Dobson

Which To Bury,Us or the Hatchet,Relient K

Honey,This Mirror Isn't Big Enough For The Two Of Us,My Chemical Romance

No It Isn't,+44

Here We Go Again,Paramore

Tell Mick That He Just Made My List Of Things To Do Today,FOB

Thanks For The Memories,FOB

Bodybag,Hit The Lights (hehe)

The End With You,Box Car Racer

Perfect World,Billy Talent

The Ex,Billy Talent