Hayley, In Kerrang!

chrisseh11

Yeah i don't really like Kerrang i don't class them as a respectable magazine

Annnnd posting a comment like that isn't really on

It's hardly about the music is it, and after all Kerrang is supposed to be a music mag

Also this guy obvioulsy has no life as certain magazines are orientated around that kinda thing

In other words, he's got issues, and should get them sorted out

ANYWAY that thing on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thats cool they covered a bit of it :]

I've already said my piece about that letter in their livejournal community - considering that I don't really see any redeeming value in that letter whatsoever - and it's just disgusting and disrespectful on top of that - I'd really prefer that the scan of this for this thread not include it - so I've removed that page from the post. It just doesn't seem like it deserves any more publicity than it's already gotten - and if someone posted something like that themselves in these forums, we'd absolutely take it down. Just because it's printed in a magazine doesn't make it any better.

And if you didn't see what it said...well, consider yourself lucky, to be honest. Even if the guy was trying to be funny, it still is just an absolutely classless, degrading comment. And I'm disappointed in Kerrang for printing it too.

• Like 1

I've already said my piece about that letter in their livejournal community - considering that I don't really see any redeeming value in that letter whatsoever - and it's just disgusting and disrespectful on top of that - I'd really prefer that the scan of this for this thread not include it - so I've removed that page from the post. It just doesn't seem like it deserves any more publicity than it's already gotten - and if someone posted something like that themselves in these forums, we'd absolutely take it down. Just because it's printed in a magazine doesn't make it any better.

And if you didn't see what it said...well, consider yourself lucky, to be honest. Even if the guy was trying to be funny, it still is just an absolutely classless, degrading comment. And I'm disappointed in Kerrang for printing it too.

Thank you Brent and I would add rep to ya if it didn't tell me I couldn't at them moment.

I agreed with you and everything yuo said on the LJ comm - I mean why should we let something like that go just because it was printed in a magazine and/or it was a joke? It was repulsive in my opinion, and Kerrang should have more respect for a band that has given them a ton of sales. Not to mention Paramore hasn't been anything but respectful to Kerrang...come to think of it Paramore is nothing BUT respectable to EVERYONE. So to print that was totally unecessary and way out of line in my opinion.

^ ooh sorry about that brent! :(

Oh no worries...there was a lot of discussion about it in the LJ community as well, as to whether it should be posted or not...I know you didn't mean any harm by posting it...

And thanks Lisa :) I agree that the band and Hayley absolutely don't deserve that kind of treatment...

even tho the scan is not up im assuming i know what you guys are talking about, and yes it is pretty disgusting.

there was another mention of hayley in the letters page

Yeah, I know there was and I wouldn't mind displaying that one. If I get some time, I'll edit the image so we can still show that letter without showing the offensive one.

yeah, i heard what the comment said, and it's really quite ridiculous that it got printed.

i hate kerrang by the way. it is actually the worst magazine ever. i only buy it when paramore are in it, but even when they are in it these days, it's always just hayley hayley hayley.

or whenever it's any other band including a girl, all the spotlight is on them. it's kinda sick really, cos it's nothing to do with the music. they just go on about the way they look all the time.

they never carry on like that when it's guys. you actually get full band posters of them.

anyway, thanks for the pic.

• Like 1

I was wondering what the fuss was about the Hayley comment, but now I've seen it I can understand why everyone's pissed about it... it was stupid of Kerrang to publish it... although it was meant to be a joke, it was still dumb of them to put it in the magazine.

And yeah Kerrang is a shit magazine anyway.