5/2 Bowery Ballroom, NYC

My review:

I left school at 10 so I gave myself enough time to pick up Suzi and find the train station. Simply getting into NYC (we live on Long Island) was an adventure. But we made the train, and after interesting subway excursions, scary yelling dudes, and wondering where the heck we were going A LOT, we found the Bowery Ballroom.

We were there around 1:45ish. Getting to venues early is so much fun, and even though we had m&g tickets and there was really no need for us to go that early, we wanted to. It hypes you up and everything. There were already around 5 people in line to our suprise, but that's not a lot at all and it was REALLY early so it was still cool. At around 2:30 This Providence pulled up and started unloading stuff, and then The Almost. I can't remember if Love Arcade unloaded before or after Paramore...ah either way they did haha. Finally I see a giant bus turning the corner...PARAMORE! But they weren't in it! Because a few minutes later they pulled up in a black van and filed out and went straight into the bus. When that happened I was kinda in shock because they had been so close and I had seen them in person, and it'd been so long since I have...so I don't know why but it was unreal and made me so excited. Eventually, Paramore came off the bus with clothes and walked straight into the venue. Then I got really hyped up, and at this point it was around 3:30 or 4, and we THOUGHT the m&g started at 5. However, everything was actually an hour later, with m&g at 6 and show at 7. So the wait was really unbearable because I was so excited, and it was really hot with the sun baring straight down on us. But it was SO worth, especially when they lined up the m&g people, and then finally, FINALLY let us in around 6:20. Because I was going to see Paramore again.

We showed our tickets and walked (more like bounded) down the stairs. It was in this little bar area where the merch tables were set up. It was kinda dark, but nice. And then Josh, Hayley, Jeremy and Zac came out and I felt my throat close up and my heart swell 3 times its size. Hayley and Josh came over straight to Suzi and I and high fived us and asked what was going on. It took me a few seconds to collect my thoughts, because my head was spinning, my thoughts were wacked. I have met them before and I thought it wouldn't be so hard to talk to them, because they say they're just regular people. But they're my heros, they're much more to me. So it was a huge deal. Eventually though I came out of my stupor and had a nice conversation with them. We talked to Hayley about the videos for the contest (she said some were so hilarious), Bamboozle, making the record, and other random stuff. Then they lined everyone up to go one by one for a picture. I got a picture, and then when that was over everyone just started talking again. I went up to Josh and talked to him about touring and asked him what touring was like and tips about being on the road (because I will be this summer with a band), and he gave me a lot of good advice. Josh likes touring in a van better than a bus by the way, because, and I quote: "it's kind of like more intimate...not to sound gay or anything". Lmao. :] He said everyone is together and you can see out the windows and everything. On the bus everyone is spread out and it's less "intimate"...we'll go with that. And also, his favorite state to drive through is Wyoming, because it's so pretty. :] I then asked Jeremy to be gangsta with me and take a picture, and he was like "SURE!" but the picture came out dark which is lame but I can still kinda see it so that's ok. I told Josh he could be in it but he was like no I'm not gangsta haha. I got a pic with Ronnie their tour manager too, just because he's awesome!

Then they had to go, so I was like see y'all on stage! And I certainly couldn't wait to do that.

When they let the m&g people upstairs to the floor area, I ran straight to the stage. And it took me a few seconds to realize that something was very different...THERE WAS NO BARRIER!!! And I commented to Suzi and everyone around me was like yeah wow wait WHAT? I have never been to a show like this where there was no barrier. It was freaking AWESOME because besides this girl in front of me I was right on the stage pretty much, just right up against it. It made the show THAT MUCH MORE INCREDIBLE. After this awesome realization, Suzi and I saw Taylor and ran and got a picture with him. He's so nice! Then we ran back to our spots and Love Arcade came on. I have heard mixed reviews about them, but I had fun, they were very catchy. This Providence was awesome, Dan came out and gave a bunch of people in the crowd a flower, it was so cute. And their set was really good too. :] The Almost was great, except it was hard to hear Aaron sometimes. However, 'Amazing Because It Is' brought me to tears, cause everyone was singing it. Their drummer was really into it, he had his head buried in his hands and he was singing it, it looked like it really meant something to him, to all of them. It was such a good performance. Oh, and Aaron talked about how he was a normal person like you or I, and he goes "I get up every morning and take a piss just like you do!" Hahaha it was so funny. So yeah their set was awesome. :]What was weird was that it seemed like a tiny show for NYC, like it was sold out but there wasn't a huge crowd! No one pushed or shoved or crushed or moshed or crowd surfed. It was actually NICE because I was able to enjoy the concert and not worry about people being jerks. AND I didn't come out of the show with a million peoples sweat/blood/spit/etc all over me, which is a good thing. Cause we know how crazy people get...and there was breathing room. It sometimes creates good energy for the crowd to move like that a little, but it sometimes gets to the point where it's out of control, so this was a GREAT crowd.

And then it was time for Paramore. I felt everyone press together a little bit, but certainly not bad at all, I could still move. Sound check seemed to take FOREVER because I was getting a little sick feeling. Not because I was actually sick, but because I was so damn excited. Finally, the lights dimmed and the music began to fade out. I basically stopped breathing, and then Paramore walked out. Hands to the sky, smiles on their faces, Paramore took the stage and began the most amazing set I have ever seen any band ever play...ever.

They tore right into Misery Business, and I went insane. My hands were up the entire show. Their energy was AMAZING. They were ripping the stage apart with it. Hayley's voice sounded AMAZING, and everyone's playing did too, man they've all gotten so good. Zac was a beast on drums, Josh and Jeremy shredded, Hayley controlled her voice and sounded so fantastic, and I wasn't able to see Taylor too much but he looked pretty great himself. Hayley was able to be SO interactive with us, because we were right against the stage. Even more so than normal. Everytime she was on my side I could've touched her if I tried hard enough. After Misery Business, they played Emergency. This is one of my favorites off AWKIF and it is important to me, so hearing it again live was so great. There were these two girls in front of me, and they were just leaning on the stage watching the show like it meant nothing to them, not singing or anything. They looked bored. I had my hands up and was moving, and the girl kept like slapping my arm away and turned around and was like "Can you move your f***ing arm?" and I was like WHOA is there any need for that? Honestly, don't just stand right up at the stage and look bored when people that want to be there and care about Paramore so much and want to sing their hearts out with them are behind you and YOU'RE complaining that their arm is "in your way". We're all there to see them (well, I don't know about these girls...) and we don't need to curse at eachother. I just ignored it and kept doing what I was doing. I wasn't going to let some prissy stuck up girls ruin my night and calm me down...I was going to keep rocking out.

I love when Hayley talks to us. It's so awesome, because she'll respond to the crowd and involve them and she really makes it so much fun. Brighter came on next, and I was really glad to hear this song live and be there to hear it in person. Those girls I was talking about before left so I moved into their spot (well deserved!) and Suzi in the other and there we were....directly against the stage. It was so awesome, cause when Hayley would come over I would have my arm up and it would be touching the cord of her mic it was so close. Everytime she put her hand in the crowd I would hold it and it was so awesome to sing with her and be connected in that way, screaming my heart out and her doing the same, and just...I don't even know. It's hard to explain. I'm sure some of you know what I am talking about. It's powerful, it's raw emotion. It's love. It's so many things. There's nothing in this world like it. Nothing.

The rest of the set went like this:

Here We Go Again

All We Know

Let This Go

Hallelujah

I was SO happy about Hallelujah because I LOVEEEEEE this song and hearing it live was amazing.

At one point, Hayley came over to me and she leaned down really close to my face and we made eye contact and she held it and we sang along together for a few seconds and she smiled really big at me. And I just felt this powerful lurch in my heart because the emotion is so overwhelming. Like I said before, it's that connection, that moment when all that matters is what's right in front of you.

Next up was For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic. I enjoyed singing this song so much, because well....only Suzi and I were singing!!! Haha. Hayley started talking about it, saying how they've been playing this live and how they want everyone recording it and putting it on youtube so everyone knows the lyrics by the end of tour. When she said "This song is called 'For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic' Suzi and I were SCREAMING it with her, and she goes "Hey you guys wanna say that again for me?" and she comes over and puts the mic to us and we scream into it "FOR A PESSIMIST, I'M PRETTY OPTIMISTIC!!!!" and she smiles really big at us and the music kicked in and it was like HOLY CRAP I just spoke directly into Hayley's mic and everyone heard me what the hell just happened??? Yeah it was amazing. And then being the only two singing, it was actually really cool because Hayley kept giving us smiles and Josh and I made eye contact at one point and he gave me this big smile.

Then they played Woah, which is always fun cause the crowd gets involved. Then their fake out where they say that My Heart is their last song. I started crying during this song, because it's so powerful and there is so much emotion. So. Freaking. Amazing. And then they walked off, and the crowd started chanting "ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG! ONE MORE SONG!" and of course they're coming back for us! They came back on and Zac was so funny he had his arms up and he was pumping them and Hayley said something about him and we cheered...haha it was so cute.

They played Born For This. "This song was written about you and for you!" Hayley said. And most of the crowd was singing so it was really cool. My voice was going so hoarse at this point but I was screaming as loud as I could. After Born For This, it was the last song. I found myself wishing it would last, just to live in this moment forever. But obviously that's not possible, as much as I wish it could be, and they rocked the house with Pressure as a really strong finale, me using the last of my breath to scream to every word. And when it ended it was sort of unreal, like what just happened? Did it REALLY just happen? And I asked for a set list and I got one. :]

Suzi and I got our bags from coat check, went to the bathroom, bought merch (I am SO in love with the sleeveless hoodie!) and then went outside to see if they would come out. I don't know if they ever did, but Suzi and I pushed it as much as we could before we really had to go and catch the train or we would've missed it and would have had to wait another hour. Which would've been fine if it wasn't a school night. :( So we were bummed we didn't get to tell them how they had just given us the most amazing show of our lives, but given what we had gotten that night...we couldn't complain at all.

So I think it's safe to say that last night was the number one most amazing night of my life. I have never screamed so loud, I have never sang with so much love and passion, I have never cried to a song with a stronger emotion than I did last night. This band is truly, deeply one of a kind. I feel so blessed that I have them in my life. Paramore if you read this...thank you for everything. I don't know what else to say. For some things, there are just no words.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* FINE.

So I went to Ronnie and I was "Can I take a picture with you, my friend [Rachna] and I love you." and Josh goes OhHHHHhHhH and slaps his chest. And then we get in for the picture and Josh was taking it and he goes, "NOW KISS HIM ON THE CHEEK!" and he was like WHAT and I was like OMG hahah it was so funny.

I LOVE THIS STORY. I'm going to cherish it forever. =D

YEAH THEY DON'T. Because he was on the stage before Paramore's set, and I was like "Ohhh he is BEAUTIFUL" to Suzi and some girl goes "Who is he?"

I was like WHO IS HE?!?!! WHATTTTTTT!

But Rachna...HE WAS THERE WITH HIS GF!! My heart was like 3

stupid person. you should've been like, "one of the finest specimen to walk this panet"

LMAO. wwwww don't worry! this weekend = bamboozle

bamboozle = ALEX + KNATE!!!

stupid person. you should've been like, "one of the finest specimen to walk this panet"

LMAO. wwwww don't worry! this weekend = bamboozle

bamboozle = ALEX + KNATE!!!

LMAO he really is though. <3

Haha yes and I can't wait omg...I hope I can get some good pics of Knate. He'll be farther back and I am worried I won't be able to. :[

My review:

Next up was For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic. I enjoyed singing this song so much, because well....only Suzi and I were singing!!! Haha. Hayley started talking about it, saying how they've been playing this live and how they want everyone recording it and putting it on youtube so everyone knows the lyrics by the end of tour. When she said "This song is called 'For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic' Suzi and I were SCREAMING it with her, and she goes "Hey you guys wanna say that again for me?" and she comes over and puts the mic to us and we scream into it "FOR A PESSIMIST, I'M PRETTY OPTIMISTIC!!!!" and she smiles really big at us and the music kicked in and it was like HOLY CRAP I just spoke directly into Hayley's mic and everyone heard me what the hell just happened??? Yeah it was amazing. And then being the only two singing, it was actually really cool because Hayley kept giving us smiles and Josh and I made eye contact at one point and he gave me this big smile.

this has to be my favorite part!!! i just love how only pf'ers know the words.

man it sounds like you had such an amazing time. and i know exactly what your talkin about when you cant explain how it felt in words. i am so excited to see them in 8 days.

thank you lisa for your amazing story telling abilities bc if i wrote that i doubt anyone would have understood it lol.

but yeah it was the best night of my life and i really wish we were able to see them after just to tell them that, i honestly dont think i will see another show as good.

but yeah, just something funny but pointless, after this providence was done unpacking david, ryan, and dan were all standing by the door and this woman with no teeth eating something funky idk what, was standing on the subway stairs staring at me and she kept pointing to david blaise bc he was bent over lifting something and he was like mouthing "his butt his butt" i was like WHAAAT? haha i just thought that was so funny. and there was this crazy drunk guy walking around going up to all of us in line and we couldnt even understand a word he said besides "i have an amazing talent you wouldnt believe" and "rock and roll!" haha and he went up to the guys from TP and was trying to talk to them and david blaise just like stared him up and down, looked away, and laughed. i think lisa has it on video, so funny!

and when dan came out with the flowers i caught them! they were killed during the show but i saved them anyway. and josh basically handed me his guitar pic but i think i dropped it =[ ah

ahh it was so good last night! i don't really have time to write a long review but it was so amazing! i started out right in front of the stage, but my friend was gay and didn't want to get pushed around and sweaty, so we went up to the balcony. it was a good view to take videos, but the pictures didn't turn out that great so i didn't take any. i almost got the whole show on video so i'll post those tomorrow. i just wish i stayed in front of the stage through.

oohh yeah, in between bands, we went down to their merch to talk to their merch guy aaron. he is so nice. we were just talking to him and said we'll see him at bamboozle. and then i went back down to get something, i couldn't decide between the riot! shirt or the sleeveless hoodie, so he was like let me decide for you, and he picked the hoodie, and when i gave him a tip he high fived me. he's so great.

anyways, afterwards we wanted to wait for the band to come out cuz last time they were at bowery we waited for them and by the time they came out their were only 6 of us waiting. it was awesome. so we sat outside with a few of the girls who waited with us last time, and hung out with this providence and the keyboardist from love arcade who was trying to sell one of their cd's it was so funny, and we talked to they're tour bus driver for a while and he was saying how they had to get rid of their puppy (remember it??). then paramore came out and hayley was talking to one of the guys from tprov about the video they made and she was mocking him saying "i love your work!" it was so funny. but hayley told us their schedule was so busy that they didn't really have time to hang out, but we did get a few pics so i got a pic with jeremy, and my friend got a pic with him and zac. and josh remembered us! it was so cool. then they left, and we left, and we didn't get home until 2am. it was crazy. but it was so amazinggg.

and i'll post all my videos tomorrow.

^ ahh their bus driver rocks. I love talking to him. we catch him every show. He even asked what venue they were gonna be playing in nashville. I said rcktwn and people around me in line thinking im a crazy freak for knowing that. Sad I didnt get to say goodbye to him ):

suz what camera do you have? : D and aww I miss the old backdrop I was thinking they could use that as an album cover ):

I know I'm a little late on this,

but I just read your review Lisa

and it was amazing. I know exactly

what you mean about the emotion

and power in the songs. I'm glad that

you had an amazing time and it must

have been awesome that their wasen't

a barrier. Barriers suck, haha.