Interview in April 2007 Rock Sound

thebrowncoat

yeh theres one pic, the one of zac, josh and hayley in the studio...been used before for the last song youll ever sing contest

and its not a looong interview - and its mainly with hayley about the new album, being on The Chariots album and number of tracks, etc

One thing Hayley says tho is that "this record has more of a dance element too it"

=D

as you asked so nicely....

PARAMORE

Where: The House Of Loud Studios, Elmwood Park, NJ

Recording: Second studio album

Producer: David Bendeth

Title: TBC

Lable: Fueled By Raman

Release Date: June

How are the new songs sounding? Says vocalist Hayley Williams: "I am so excited about them. They're still going to sound like Paramore but they have kinda taken on a life of their own and grown in different directions; to me the songs are more fun. There's a depth to them that wasn't on the first record lyrically and musically. This record has more of a dance element too it, but then some of the classic, or old, Paramore style."

So when you say 'dance', do you mean we should expect added keys or samples or anything like that?

"It's not actually in keys; some of it is in the rhythm of what I sing, some of it's in (drummer) Zac's beat. That's not to say that there won't be any keyboards and there won't be various other instruments other than what we already have as the staple of Paramore... We're trying to get a boys' choir on one song and we are trying to get a mariachi band on another song; we're just trying to be as creative as possible."

Are there any guests appearing on the album?

"We'll see what happens; we have a lot of friends up in this area and we have met alot of people in the last year and a half who I know we would love to work with, but right now I don't feel this record calls for it."

You did some work on (Christian metalcore crew) The Chariot's forthcoming album recently though didn't you? You're very different bands; how did that come along?

"We've been friends with those guys for a while; we just hit it off really well and Jake their drummer called (Paramore guitarist) Josh, and her was like, 'Do you think Hayley be into singing a song with us?" and Josh was like 'Are you serious? She's going to flip out!' It definatly is different; we are two different bands, but it worked for some reason. They seemed to like it; if I didn't think they were into it then I wouldn't have gone through with it."

So how many songs are going to be on Paramore's new album?

"Probably 11 or 12; we are hoping to get 12 but we are trying to work out this one song (working title 'Nirvana'). It's like someone can write a great song and then you go into the studio and it doesn't turn out how you wanted it to. But we are going to keep working with it until there is no more time left to work and hopefully 12 songs will come out of it."

How many songs did you have written as you were going into the studio?

"Josh, Zac and I went down to Orlando in November to write and record some demos. We ended up with about 20 songs finished and unfinished but we ended up coming to Jersey with about 15 or 16 because we didn't want to waste time with unfinished ideas. We definatly have more and we do want to show those to people eventually."

What are you hoping the album will achieve for you guys as a band?

"None of us know what's going to happen, there's no way to tell until the record comes out. Looking forward I hope that it does better than the last record. I want to many people to hear these songs; these are our favourite songs, we love the songs that we have written for this album and I just want people to hear them, as many people as possible in the whole world. I think that would be amazing."

sounds exciting, non?

=D

• Like 1