The Maine

whatsername104

Wow, I wasn't able to get to watch the chat and really thought it was an old song, because if you've listened to Life Like This, you'd think it was on CSWS. =/

Well maybe it'll be on the new album? Hopefully. I really like that track. One of my favourites by The Maine.

Anyway, I heard The Maine announced in the chat that they're making a new music video and it's off CSWS, one of the songs after track 5, I think.

I believe they eneded up saying it was going to be "this is the end" it's going to kind of be like girls do what they want, but not really..haha so idk what that's supposed to mean. they said no acting or anything because loren (toured w/ arttm and ausitn gibbs) was filming it for them.

^ yes me too :) it's so neat to just see what they do day to day...

i got mine last week and ahhh i love it. i read the first 15 or so pages and then decided that i should slow down and read them a few at a time..that way i wouldn't spoil the whole thing in one sitting. but i did go through every page and look at the photography. i'm soo jealous of dirk and his talents.

^ me too. my passion is photography and i was determined to major in it for so long, but then everyone kept discouraging me, saying it's hard to find jobs in that field, so i've started leaning towards education w/ a minor in photography so i can shoot weddings and stuff of that nature..but sometimes i'm like FUCK IT. if it's what makes me happiest, it will be worth the struggle of finding a job. i still don't know :/

and i know i've asked you this a million times, but what type of camera do you have?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

www.wearethemaine.net

And the boys are back. Looks like they're finishing up the album early spring and then heading out doing some late spring shows at places like Six Flags with We The Kings, Cartel and AVP.

Then this summer, instead of Warped they're going to do their own headlining tour. You know, I don't want to get my hopes up or anything, but the idea of The Maine, ARTTM and This Century touring this summer seems quite possible since none of them are doing Warped.

^ ahh i just read all of this a few minutes ago. i may go see them with WTK if they come near me, but idk if it's worth it. not a big fan of cartel and never really listened to AVP.

I'm def seeing them on their summer headlining tour. and i'm pretty sure, at least crossing my fingers that, The Maine, ARTTM, and This Century tour together. it would be one of the most bad ass shows ever :)

^ i know. i haven't seen them since warped and i know after touring with blg again its made them gain even more fans. it's kind of sad because whenever i really start getting into a band they always get so huge and then i feel like i've lost connection with them. like they hardly ever update buzznet anymore..i know they are recording, but they barely did on BLG tour. I haven't met john ohh since november 2008 and i've seen them three other times since then. he's like impossible to reach and they are all becoming that way. it just makes me want to :'(

yeah they are almost as big as ATL, they just haven't gotten recognized by the radio or anything yet. they've had a few songs played on MTV shows, but thats about all. on youtube ATL has 40,000 some subscribers and the maine has 35,000 some subscribers. idk i just miss them a lot.

With John you have to be willing to wait a long time afterwards. I had to wait close to two hours after the OP show to talk to him, but he was an absolute sweetheart about it. He knew I'd been waiting there and he and I just talked for close to twenty minutes because I was the last one there waiting.

yeah, i always want to wait, but my cousin never is willing to stay that long. but he is an absolute sweetheart!!!! the last time i talked to him (i think i've told this story about a million times) but he was like why are you here so early? (like in line) i was like so i can be up close and he was like no ones gonna come. i was like what? he was all nervous about the show b/c it was like a headlining show for thme and he was afraid not many people would be there. and he just kept telling me thank you thank you thank you for supporting them and bringing them gifts..etc he's such a good guy and i appreciate that. it's just kinda saddening when you see all these people crowded around him..idk haha