Drawings, paintings, photoshoped images etc. Thread!

FeRo

Gosh that incredible! I wish I could draw like that!

I have to draw a couple things for my art school audition thing. I'm applying for the Photography section, but we also have to do a couple of drawings for some odd reason. I honestly cant draw, but I plan on drawing this one picture of Hayley I took. I'll post it up here if I actually get around to doing it. lol.

This isn't 100% complete yet, but I wanted to go ahead and post it already. This is my new band drawing of Paramore.

LQwatermark.jpg

(click to go to my deviantART and see it bigger)

Please note this is only a photograph of the drawing and it looks 1000x better in person.

Okey dokey.. I think that's normally all the stuff I get asked. If you have a question I didn't answer.. feel free to ask! And like I said in one of the answers.. I am giving this to the band July 13th.. think they'll like it? I don't know how they react to fan art.. so hopefully they won't think it's creepy. Haha.

holy crap. that's REALLY good. i'm sure they'll love it. =]

This isn't 100% complete yet, but I wanted to go ahead and post it already. This is my new band drawing of Paramore.

LQwatermark.jpg

Please note this is only a photograph of the drawing and it looks 1000x better in person.

I get the same questions asked about my drawings a lot, so I'm gonna go ahead and answer a bunch for this one right now:

How big is it? 1 1/2 x 2 feet.. or 18x24 inches.

How long did it take? 3 days.

What did you use to draw it/shade it? Wolff's carbon pencils to draw & tortillons and occasionally my fingertips to shade.

Why the crap did you draw this? Wanted to have something to give the band at Warped in my city on July 13th.

Have you drawn for bands before? Yes, Flyleaf and Evanescence.

Do you do requests/commissions? No, sorry.

Do you plan on going to art school or plan on doing this as a profession? No, not really.

Did you trace it? No, I don't do tracing. I think it's pretty lame.

Did you photoshop it? Yes, I added a border, added a watermark and resized it in Photoshop.

Why did you photograph it instead of scanning it? See "How big is it?"

How long have you been drawing? I've drawn for fun since very little.. but I did my first serious portrait of a person when I was 13.

Did you ever take art classes or drawing lessons? No.

Okey dokey.. I think that's normally all the stuff I get asked. If you have a question I didn't answer.. feel free to ask! And like I said in one of the answers.. I am giving this to the band July 13th.. think they'll like it? I don't know how they react to fan art.. so hopefully they won't think it's creepy. Haha.

good.

lord.

=O

my jaw actually dropped when i saw that

its incredible!

LQwatermark.jpg

HOLY MOTHERBEARS! - Gosh.. Wow.. I'm like.. speechless.

Madd skills, my friend. I'm very jealous. I wish I had your skillZ, son!

art assignment to draw something music related with as much detail as possible in 5 minutes.

Of course, i had to take this opportunity to stick paramore into the curriculum ;)

I'm no artist, but i'm incredibly and disgustingly aware of everything wrong with this picture, although i plan to do more so perhaps i'll improve ?

hayleyparamore.jpg

LQwatermark.jpg

I get the same questions asked about my drawings a lot, so I'm gonna go ahead and answer a bunch for this one right now:

How big is it? 1 1/2 x 2 feet.. or 18x24 inches.

How long did it take? 3 days.

What did you use to draw it/shade it? Wolff's carbon pencils to draw & tortillons and occasionally my fingertips to shade.

Why the crap did you draw this? Wanted to have something to give the band at Warped in my city on July 13th.

Have you drawn for bands before? Yes, Flyleaf and Evanescence.

Do you do requests/commissions? No, sorry.

Do you plan on going to art school or plan on doing this as a profession? No, not really.

Did you trace it? No, I don't do tracing. I think it's pretty lame.

Did you photoshop it? Yes, I added a border, added a watermark and resized it in Photoshop.

Why did you photograph it instead of scanning it? See "How big is it?"

How long have you been drawing? I've drawn for fun since very little.. but I did my first serious portrait of a person when I was 13.

Did you ever take art classes or drawing lessons? No.

THAT IS AMAZING

I'd like to give a big "thank you" to everyone who has said nice things about my drawing. :mrgreen:

Question, since I'm giving this to the band on Friday.. I'm planning on framing it so it won't get messed up or wet if it rains. Would security let a frame in? I don't know how stupid they are about what you can bring in and what you can't.. so yeah.

I've just found like a pile of drawings I've done, usually when I'm bored or something, that I haven't put up here so here's a few...they're all different styles but all pretty rough haha.

This was just a quick sketch from the RockSound photoshoot:

hayley.jpg

This one is a kinda Crushcrushcrush theme (laaaame ahah), the whole 'They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth...' sorta thing.

hayley2.jpg

This one....well I dunno, like I said I was bored haha.

sketchting.jpg

And this one is so crap but I just find it hilarious cos they're bodies are all out of proportion rofl...zac and jeremy.

zacjeremy.jpg

Soz about the shite pics aswell, phone cameras are naffff.

I dunno if they'd let you bring a frame in tbh :/

Probably not.

That's what I'm figuring.. but I'm giving it a shot, anyway. I would laminate it.. but when you laminate a carbon or charcoal drawing and shake it afterward, a ton of black dust from the carbon/charcoal comes off in-between the lamination and drawing and you can't get it out. Definitely don't want that.

Eh, we'll see. Worse comes to worse I'll have to take it out of the frame and give it to the band like that.. I just hate to do that because it can get messed up easily without something covering it.