Sugestion: VIP on the forum :}

Well you can call it whatever, but basicly its have a subscription on the forum witch you pay for so its like a donation but you get something in return like

- Bigger avatar size

- Different coloured name

- More PM space

- a badge to show that your suporting the site

- be abgle to change usertitle

- More games on arcade

etc.

Witch all expires at the same time that the subscription ends :}

You can pay with paypal and stuff like that, and I/you could probably set it up via SMS too

Its very easy to set up on a vB forum like this one :}

Thoughts? I usually goes down quite well in forums.

it's a good idea, but a lot of people don't have access to paypal, credit cards, etc. i know most people buy concert tickets online, but it's a little different when it comes time to paying for message board things. (i'm speaking from personal experience)

^^ Thats the reason I talked about the SMS thing, so you can buy it though your mobile (as i think pretty much everyone will have one lol)

I think it's a pretty good idea.

That's what this fanfiction site I belong to did so thay could keep the site open, it worked too.

I'd probably be able to, as long as the fee wasn't too high and the subscription time wasn't ridiculously short; granted my aunt let me use her credit card of course.

Would the money go to PF.com? To pay for the site?

Cos there's no point if the money isn't really needed, seeing as we're running just fine at the moment. Unless...well, is there anything you guys (the PF team) think the site could use the money for?

I think it's a pretty good idea.

That's what this fanfiction site I belong to did so thay could keep the site open, it worked too.

I'd probably be able to, as long as the fee wasn't too high and the subscription time wasn't ridiculously short; granted my aunt let me use her credit card of course.

Would the money go to PF.com? To pay for the site?

Cos there's no point if the money isn't really needed, seeing as we're running just fine at the moment. Unless...well, is there anything you guys (the PF team) think the site could use the money for?

I havent discussed this with the staff yet. Although its funnt because since a few days ago i was thinking of a way to get $$ for PF.com

To answer your question to actually maintain the website

no we dont need money. The money would def. be used to do cool things, like more contests, promotion, actually print out our flyers and send them to you guys, etc.

To do that sort of little extra.

• 3 months later...

I don't really get how the idea of paying with money is ridiculous.

You pay for services don't you? And pf boards is basically a free service that Hayley does out of the goodness of her heart, and this way it would benefit both us and the people who run the site because it'll make their job a lot easier.

But, yanno, even if you think that way, its not like you HAVE to buy it.

Its just for people who are interested.

Hayley didn't start this site??? And anyway This site does not need money to keep running, it has done it for the last 2 years i don't see why it needs it now! Sorry but i will not be paying money for it, That is my option!

And i think it is ridicolous because why pay money to get your username a diff colour! I just don't see how it would benefit anyone, I just won't be using this service.

Guest texasrocker

its agood idea as long as it isnt too expesive. i think something in the neighborhood of five dollars would be alright for a years subscription. but thats only if it came back to the members in the form of contests and stuff like that

Exactly^^^^ Paying for it with real money is just ridicolous and who would actually get the money thats going towards it??? Sorry but you would get none of my money!!!

running a website is not exactly free :)

It does add up to a lot of money and we are very lucky to have particularly generous people around to help out with that. Without them there would be no PF or a very different PF where we would in fact have to hassle for donations. The forum alone costs 160$,plus the skins and we have to register our domain yearly which is not free and hosting costs roughly 100$ yearly. We have adds on google which also cost per click. We also have contests (such as the resent shirt contest), where the money for the prizes comes straight from the pockets of our very kind admins. Fine if YOU don't want to pay,we're not asking you too but to say that we don't need any money to run the site is ridiculous. Do you think if we added this feature (which at this point I say is doubtful, perhaps we'll bring Parabucks back in the future though,we haven't really discussed it yet, sorry Geo)we'd split the money and pocket it ourselves to spend it on whatever we like?

We do this website on our own free time because we enjoy doing it. We don't expect anything from it and we don't get anything from it.

running a website is not exactly free :)

It does add up to a lot of money and we are very lucky to have particularly generous people around to help out with that. Without them there would be no PF or a very different PF where we would in fact have to hassle for donations. The forum alone costs 160$,plus the skins and we have to register our domain yearly which is not free and hosting costs roughly 100$ yearly. We have adds on google which also cost per click. We also have contests (such as the resent shirt contest), where the money for the prizes comes straight from the pockets of our very kind admins. Fine if YOU don't want to pay,we're not asking you too but to say that we don't need any money to run the site is ridiculous. Do you think if we added this feature (which at this point I say is doubtful, perhaps we'll bring Parabucks back in the future though,we haven't really discussed it yet, sorry Geo)we'd split the money and pocket it ourselves to spend it on whatever we like?

We do this website on our own free time because we enjoy doing it. We don't expect anything from it and we don't get anything from it.

oh:o