Listening Party @ Hot Topic and Thoughts on RIOT!

You didn't?

I did and from what I

remember it was like the

same beat as the begining

of Misery Business. It was awesome.

I definitely heard an intro but I didn't realize it was mexican music.

Mexican music.. haha. That's so weird.. but then again it won't sound foreign to me because I live in san antonio, texas.

Mexican music.. haha. That's so weird.. but then again it won't sound foreign to me because I live in san antonio, texas.

Haha, yeah it was the intro.

The mexican music was the

mariotchi (sp?) band.

DUDE!!!... i went to the mall today with a couple friends & i wasn't even goign there for anything really, just to hang out. i hadn't been to hot topic in a while so we went in. outside was a sign that said paramore listening party 6/1/07 & the first thing thre when you walked in was a paramore display of clothes but they didn't have the dress (dang!). i thought we missed it but as i was browsing through a clearance rack the music stopped & i thought that was weird & a guy in dred locks was in teh middle of the store & he was like 'attention hot topic shoppers! in 5 minutes we will be premiering the new paramore album. during the time the album is playing you get 10% off your purchase' i screamed WOO HOO! & everyone laughed at me but i was like w/e. so i browsed for a little & then Pessimist came on & i knew the words so i sang along & i tlaked to the cashiers & they said it was cool that i knew some words to the knew songs already & i got 10% off an evanescence shirts YEAH! so me & my friends (jenn, lianne, kali & carlos) waited til misery business came on then we went to spencers. then me & jenn went back in & got a pair of sweat pants, then we went to FYE, food court & then we went home. i heard pessimist, thats what you get, let the flames begin, miracle, hallelujah, when it rains & MIZ BIZ! did anyone know in the beginning of that song they have violins playing the intro then theres a pause & then the real intro? me & my friends were like what? lol i loved what i heard i can't WAIT! XD

yeah i heard an intro but it wasnt loud enough to hear quiete what it was.

o and a bit off topic but WOO HOO TO ANOTHER TEXAS PARAMORE FAN. RIGHT ON!

Guest haunted_dreams55

Well from what I heard, RIOT! is really good. There were two girls there for the listening party besides me. Oh I was checking out when hallelujah was playing and the cashier was sing along to it. After that I stayed for a couple of more songs then I lefted.

Well, as they said in the interview, "Mexico" is "Misery Business"...so there you go :)

As for one song sounding like Panic or whatever...I wouldn't get too upset about it...I don't think anyone needs to worry about Paramore turning into P!ATD.

yeah im pretty sure nobody was there for the "listening party" but me.

right at 7 one of the employees just yelled real loud 'alright this is a band named paramore's new cd and while this cd is playing you get 10% off your entire purchase'

o and he didnt know when the cd was coming out and when he asked his other employees they didnt know either. so i just yelled june 12th!

and i kind of just walked around for 45 minutes pretending like i was gonna shop and as soon as the cd was over i just left.

Man that sucks that y'alls Hot Topics were so unenthusiastic. All of the employees at mine were yelling "YEAHHH! PARAMORE'S NEW ALBUM!! IT COMES OUT JUNE 12TH!!" between every song. Haha. They also asked me if I was liking it so far about 3 times. They all came up to me like "Holy crap I wish we had stuff to give you for coming to this.. you're the only one! That's awesome!"

Soooo I need a new job, right.... I wander into HotTopic to get an application even though hottopic is sickeningly mainstream now, but that's beside the point...

ANYWAY, I go in there and I see their new shirt on the wall..(the one with the pink and blue circles and creepy people, lol) And on the counter are like 50 of 'em freshly folded and I'm like **POINT*** OMG DID YOU JUST GET THOSE IN!?!?

And the girl goes... yeah...

And I go, OMG HOW MUCH!?!?

And she's like $18..

And I"m like yeah, i'm looking for a job and trying to spend money, bad idea...

Then one of the girls was like "oh yeah, it's their listening party tonight at 7!"

And I was like yeeeahhh I knoowwww *pout* But I can't go....

And I look on the counter and I notice they have little black and white flyers for the listening party (same as the poster).... So I grabbed one of those, lol...

Okay, so that was my story... Basically, I WOULD have gone, but I had to help with my boyfriends surprise birthday party lol...

I got something from my HT for answer trivia question too. I got one of those 15% off my next purchase cards and...I ask the guy if i could have the big poster and even though they aren't supposed to give them to people, he is going to let me have it on the 19th. it has the riot! promo thing on the back so i couldn't have it tonight...

yeah i got tired of actually looking like i was shopping and just stood at the register.

cd was very good. a little softer than id imagined it being, but what the hell right. it took me alot more than one time to love awkif. so lets await the pleasure im assuming. i hate that i could only hear it once...

btw. new recording of hallelujah... omg. so good haha.