Listening Party @ Hot Topic and Thoughts on RIOT!

....I've done a lot more awkward things then stand around for a couple of minutes. So that would hardly stop me from going :P

On the other hand...I'm not that impatient. I'd rather wait for the album. Plus, I always feel weird being the only black guy in hot topic as it is. Standing around listening to paramore would be <_<

But I never have squat to do, some I'm sure I'll end up going anyway.

Ok, so I'm not going to the Hot Topic thing for two reasons:

1) I'm too old. People my age are officially not allowed in the store.

2) I don't want the first time I hear the album to be in Hot Topic lol...I don't want that to be my memory of where I was the first time I heard RIOT! Yeah, I'm weird like that.

But, I still think it's a cool idea and I'm pretty jealous of all you guys who are going and who do get to hear it tonight. Even with #1 and #2, I was very, very tempted to go...I may regret not going after reading everyone's reactions :)

So, anyway, to get to the point, I figure we'll have lots of reactions to the album and all that stuff tonight from the people who went...post them here if you want...I'll have to decide if I want to read them or not :)

Everyone who's going - have fun!!!

guess who was the only person at my local hot topic that was there for the listening party? let alone the only person who knew who paramore was?...Me! haha. The sales peoples seemed amazed that i knew the answers to all the trivia question.

nonetheless, i like RIOT!. i just want to know the lyrics so i sing along. i learnt alittle bit whilst listening, haha sometimes having somewhat of a photographic memory comes in handing. i can't wait for the 12th!

So, I just came back from hearing every last inch of Riot! :D

I must say, I like it. I like it a lot. They redid Hallelujah (a few changes here and there), For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic sounds awesome recorded as well. I must say, of all the songs I haven't heard off the album yet, 'That's What You Get' was my favorite. It's EXTREMELY catchy, loveeee!

To get a little more in detail, the record was WAY different than AWKIF. It's a huge step in another direction. The lyrics are definetly, I don't want to say "darker", but certainly more grown up. The emotions of the album express pain, hardships, struggles. Granted, I don't remember every lyric off the top of my head, but I certainly just stood and tried to hear every word Hayley sang and every note that was played to try and get the best feel for the song. "I burned every bridge I ever built" or something like that is one line that sticks out in my head.

It was really good. I enjoyed it. To be perfectly honest with you, I was worried. AWKIF was a life changing album for me, and I was wondering where Riot! was headed compared to AWKIF. I don't want to judge the album before I've properly learned every single note and word on it, and know it as well as AWKIF. But I came out of that store a very happy person.

A really well done job, Paramore. Congratulations. :D

Oh and P.S - WE WANT THE AIRWAVES BACK....WE WANT THE AIRWAVES BACK!

....it made it on the album!

Wait - the lyrics aren't docile and sophomoric? But Alt. Press said they were! And they have to be right!!!

Sorry...my sarcasm gets the better of me again...I take press stuff too seriously...

Sounds like it's exactly like they said it would be...I can't freakin' wait to hear it.

And I hope no one records it with their cell phone or whatever - it's going to sound horrible if they do and that's DEFINITELY not the way to hear it for the first time...

i didnt even have trivia! the girl working said "i cant believe i have to listen to this for 3 hrs!" and then she said you get 10% off and that was all the paramore talk there was lol

I must say, of all the songs I haven't heard off the album yet, 'That's What You Get' was my favorite

i really liked it too, it stayed stuck in my head on my way home

yeah just came back from the listening to party

and i liked it a lot

my favorite was thats what you get

very catchy

everyone was surprised that i knew all the questions to the trivia and the girl who asked me all the questions was like wow! i wish we were giving away a prize to people who knew all the questions cause you deserve it!

haha it was funny

but yeah

very different from all we know is falling

it was a little hard to understand the words to the songs tho

and at my hottopic there was only like 2 or 3 other people there

but it was fun

i got there late tho so i only heard the second half of the album but what i heard was pretty awesome

im excited=]