TRL

SuperJess

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I agree with Brent, I'm not going to go around and act as if I'm better or anything than they are just because I had heard of them back when Emergency had just been released.

I'll admit that I am not very happy with the fans who just come because Paramore is the new "It" band or something, I'll still treat them like fans, but for those who had heard of them on TRL and are genuinely interested in hearing their new and old stuff are the fans I hope are the majority that comes from the exposure from TRL. I mean hey, I used to be someone who had relied on TRL for music, then my parents got digital cable and now I've got FUSE and other music channels haha.

EDIT: I understand that Brent's post was for the benefit of everyone on the board and not just certain people, but I just felt that I should put in my opinion.

yea i know wat u mean. i got into fuse about a year in a half ago. but b4 that i only new stuff from trl and mtv in general.

then as soon as i started watching fuse. i became in luv with paramore.

i will of course treat a paramore fan just like any other fan, new or old.but they should take time to listen to there older stuff too.

I guess I can't sympathize with anyone, lol...

I don't remember ever NOT having either MuchMusic or FUSE, both of which beat the piss out of MTV... I was never a HUGE MTV fan, though I used to watch it all the time--I still realized there wasn't enough music, lol....

And as far as fans go.

The ones that listen JUST for the reason that they saw them on TRL so they MUST be cool, should be pushed off a tall building. If you don't like a band for their music, you shoudln't listen to them-simple as that.

But the fans that are SEROIUS about listening to them--great, the more the better!

I don't remember ever NOT having either MuchMusic or FUSE, both of which beat the piss out of MTV... I was never a HUGE MTV fan, though I used to watch it all the time--I still realized there wasn't enough music, lol....

And as far as fans go.

The ones that listen JUST for the reason that they saw them on TRL so they MUST be cool, should be pushed off a tall building. If you don't like a band for their music, you shoudln't listen to them-simple as that.

But the fans that are SEROIUS about listening to them--great, the more the better!

Agreed. Hopefully we'll get more of the serious fans.

And as far as fans go.

i agree with u. i will help u push them off a building. lol

ok we ALL hoped the paramore would eventually acquire much success, but with that success ultimatley mean more fans.

so i guess what im trying to say is that i really hope the new fans mesh well with the fans that have already been here and that there isnt a gap or wall in between us. you know?

i dont know i just dont want there to be a division on the boards.

ok we ALL hoped the paramore would eventually acquire much success, but with that success ultimatley mean more fans.

so i guess what im trying to say is that i really hope the new fans mesh well with the fans that have already been here and that there isnt a gap or wall in between us. you know?

I think it's kind of unavoidable at some time. Eventually with more fame they are going to aquire fans that are just in it for however long the ride on MTV is and then jump right onto the next band. But I'm sure there will also be fans that'll stay through it all and those are the ones the old fans will mesh well with.

i agree with u. i will help u push them off a building. lol

^ count me in

i'll even push them off the cliff

Lol, YES! Let's do it. We can get them there by telling them that it's for MTV, when really, we'll get FUSE behind it to tape the whole thing for us... Make a real reality show out of it ;-)

Kidding, but seoirusly, I'm glad I'm not alone on that, lol.

I agree... A division would suck.

LET'S LOCK NEW MEMBERS OUT! :D

hahaha, that'd be mean... Let's just hope it's the serious ones that come in here... I took forever to join, and I'm loyal to a fault... So let's hope that most that come in here are like that...

THIS IS STRESSFUL! DAMN YOU, PARAMORE, FOR BEING SO DAMN GOOD!

....what you said haha

"THIS IS STRESSFUL! DAMN YOU, PARAMORE, FOR BEING SO DAMN GOOD!"

my responce was.....what i said.

end of story.

read it and weep.

get it or die.

Ooooh, that part... I thought you meant about pushing poserkids off cliffs... And I was like COME ON, SUSAN! YOU KNOW THAT'S A FAB IDEA!

Nevermind :)