TRL

SuperJess

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The registration thing drives me nuts...I don't know why they make it so hard to find. Here it is though for anyone who wants to vote...and we all should! :)

http://www.mtv.com/community/account/join.jhtml?serv=profile&mtvparams=&target=&oparam=edit_profile&serviceSubjectID=&mesg=

^ i know me too...

im half and half about this whole paramore on trl thing..

because i know some other bands who have fans just because

they were on trl.. but that's ok.. at least they're getting more

publicity and more people to buy their cd and that's y im

still voting for themm... * i know i make no sense *

^ i know me too...

im half and half about this whole paramore on trl thing..

because i know some other bands who have fans just because

they were on trl.. but that's ok.. at least they're getting more

publicity and more people to buy their cd and that's y im

still voting for themm... * i know i make no sense *

Well of course there are gonna be flocks of new fans showing up all over the place. Just look at our "Introduction" section. The main thing we have to worry about are people coming around that dont respect Paramore and their privacy. Im not worried about new fans, as I am considered one too (as far as this forum is concerned) just think of how much this community can grow beyond what it already is (which is amazing as is).

I dont mind MTV much, but u are gonna get the "I wanna get in Hayley's pants" "OMFG who is Josh dating?" "OMFG I Have Zac's cell number. I hacked his computer" people coming around, but we will have more people out there to bring us more media, pictures, and incredible stories. On top of that, we can all adopt a noob and show them how awesome Paramore is and has always been.

Plus think about how much more energy this can create within the band to do even better (ie with Riot!: Josh's/Hayley's writing, Zac's drumming, and Jeremy's......well his headband) either way we all win in the end. Sure there are gonna be bigger venues, less one on one time with the band, but that is the problem with finding genuinely good bands early in their career.

So, who wants to adopt me?

Wut'cha know 'bout me?! Haha, that song just cracks me up xD

Umbrella too... when she goes "My umbrella-ella-ella-ella!" it's just too funny.

Back on topic, eventhough they were shown for 5 minutes, that's still tons of exposure when there's people in the studio and of course, people watching TV... That was kinda off topic, sorry for the rant :]

Oh, I already voted. Yay.

i voted :)

Im so conflicted...I want them to be on TRL, but I don't....lol, w/e! Anything to help them get their music out there!

I'm with you 100% on that... Let's start an "I want paramore to be famous, but not horribly mainstreamed" club! :willy_nilly:

It'll be sweet--we'll make millions on membership charges.. Only it'll be cheap, 'cause we're all poor from having to buy so many of their albums, lol

This girl i know who's really annoying with her obsessions (the kind of people we hate) likes Paramore now. She started by posting myspace bulletins with lyrics in the subject and then her msn name changed.

Help :( My heart like.. sunk when i realised she found them.

haha....i thought "chicken noodle soup" was the most pointless song in the world....and then i heard "Lip gloss" :uhh:

dude i hate that song. dos the person who sing lip gloss even have talent. she gets paid for saying name brands.. lol..

it sad. they are the ppl who beat paramore on the countdown

This girl i know who's really annoying with her obsessions (the kind of people we hate) likes Paramore now. She started by posting myspace bulletins with lyrics in the subject and then her msn name changed.

See, that's what I was afraid of.

I'm just waiting for it to happen here.

this girl yelled at me for wathcing TRL.

cuz on my space i posted a bullitin saying "YAY paramore was on trl today. for once mtv hhas sumthin good"

then this girl that i know replies to it saying "Why the hell do u only watch trl wen some stupid band is on it. thats pretty gay."

i wanted to punch that girl. how dare she call paramore stupid. lol.

then she was telling me how there a "new" band. and i got it wrong cuz according to her RIOT is there only CD. so i couldnt be a fan for a year cuz she says "they didnt exist".

eh. mainstreamers.

cuz on my space i posted a bullitin saying "YAY paramore was on trl today. for once mtv hhas sumthin good"

then this girl that i know replies to it saying "Why the hell do u only watch trl wen some stupid band is on it. thats pretty gay."

then she was telling me how there a "new" band. and i got it wrong cuz according to her RIOT is there only CD. so i couldnt be a fan for a year cuz she says "they didnt exist".

eh. mainstreamers.

wow. I wish I knew her. Then I could tell her off and be all "BITCH PLEASE!!!" excuse my language lol.

eh. mainstreamers.

haha, i would just laugh in her face...show her AWKIF and be like...."what now byatchh?!?"

Sounds like a girl I know.

She never heard of Paramore before in her whole life and then she found out I liked them and she became, OHH MMYY GOOODDD, PARAMORE!! She tried (attempted but failed) to get her hair cut and dyed like Hayley's and she stole my quote off my MySpace. And the other day I posted a bulletin about me going to NYC to see Paramore and then she posted a bulletin about the same exact thing after me. And then she all of a sudden wears Paramore shirts in her MySpace pictures. I wouldn't mind if she actually knew who Paramore really was. And if she didn't think Paramore was Hayley.

Sorry to get off topic.

Anyways, I will have my review and everything about yesterday up tomorrow. I will also have my review from the Nashville show. Sorry that I have been putting that off.

Every fan community goes through this when the band in question starts to get big...funny thing is - I happened to stumble across something Adam from FBR wrote back in 2005 when FOB started to break - and he was talking about how disappointing it was to see how the old FOB fans were treating the new people who were just getting into them...

I guess all I have to say on it is - a fan of the band is a fan of the band, no matter how they discovered Paramore - new or old, cool or annoying :) We should be nice and welcoming to everyone if we can...if they heard them for the first time on TRL, great...that's why they were on TRL and yay for more people hearing Paramore...

Just my thoughts...but I really want this to be a place where new Paramore fans feel welcome...I think we've done a decent job being that way in the past and I'd hate for it to change...

^ I agree with Brent, I'm not going to go around and act as if I'm better or anything than they are just because I had heard of them back when Emergency had just been released.

I'll admit that I am not very happy with the fans who just come because Paramore is the new "It" band or something, I'll still treat them like fans, but for those who had heard of them on TRL and are genuinely interested in hearing their new and old stuff are the fans I hope are the majority that comes from the exposure from TRL. I mean hey, I used to be someone who had relied on TRL for music, then my parents got digital cable and now I've got FUSE and other music channels haha.

EDIT: I understand that Brent's post was for the benefit of everyone on the board and not just certain people, but I just felt that I should put in my opinion.

okay well teusday we left at 5:30 and went to new york and got into TRL and being indside the studio seeing paramore live on TRL you could see how happy they were to be there but enrique whatever had the most time and the rushed paramore off as soon as the interveiw was over and they werent aloud to talk to there fans like enrique was but farther back in this post it says the girls repping paramore that was me!!! ahhh i love them i dont want then to get big but that has nothing to do with me.. but the show was cool like seeing them 2 feet in front of me and hayley and zac saying they rememberd me was awesome i just wish there was more people there for them