bible study on war tour

The NOFX guy was there more to cause trouble though, not to learn anything about Jesus. He was a pain in the butt.

Yeah but that's what Fat Mike does though. He tries to cause trouble because that's just the way he is.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooo, that is really neat, especially about your friend. I think going on mission trips is absolutly fantastic. Spreading the word of Christ is great.

And ahhh, yeah. I am not digging church much either. My family and I quit going because the church was getting awkward. I think they were getting a bit political. People kept on bonking heads.

And trying to be the "cool church" just sounds ridiculous. Church is a place to go and listen about Jesus and to talk about Him and how wonderful He is. I wish there was a place where that could be. Where people could push aside their differences for an hour or two and just talk about God.

Yeah, he's amazing for going on a mission. I mean I'm not even religious, but I think he's so incredible and selfless to give his life away for two years for something he believes in.

You don't have to go to church or take part in bible studies to be a good Christian. Also, I think it's important for Christians to surround themselves with people of all types of backgrounds, even different religious backgrounds, not just other Christians who believe in the exact same things as they do. Jesus made friends with everyone and loved everyone equally.

I've seen way too many people that are close-minded because of so called beliefs that are instilled into them by either their church or youth group. Honestly, some of the comments I've read here are the exact same types of comments I hear from friends of mine that most people would call "Jesus freaks" for good reason. I think way too many kids have a misconstrued reality of what being a Christian is supposed to be about.

Fat Mike is an asshole (that's part of his charm), but I don't blame Fat Mike for having beef with Underoath when reportedly, Underoath has a couple of homophobes in the band.

I think the best advice I could give some of you guys is to make friends with anyone that has a good heart, whether they have your same religious background or come from a different background. Learn more by being open-minded. If you have the opportunity to go to college, please do so as that will open up your mind even more. I'm betting that most of you are in middle school or high school.

xFueledByParamorex, I think you got a lot of growing up to do. It seems like you've been convinced to follow the exact same path as many others do and say and think things that are forced upon you by either your parents, church, or youth group. Don't be afraid to take the world in on your own, Jesus wouldn't condemn you for it. Also, I suggest you don't force yourself unto others like I've noticed you trying to do on this forum (which is obviously becoming an annoyance to some). People don't have to follow your exact same path to have a relationship with God or make it to heaven.

xFueledByParamorex, I know you mean well and are likely a very good hearted person. However, there's just so much more you can learn about the world around you to make yourself a much well-rounded person. I'd hate for you to be another product of what's wrong in Christianity today.

You don't have to go to church or take part in bible studies to be a good Christian. Also, I think it's important for Christians to surround themselves with people of all types of backgrounds, even different religious backgrounds, not just other Christians who believe in the exact same things as they do. Jesus made friends with everyone and loved everyone equally.

I've seen way too many people that are close-minded because of so called beliefs that are instilled into them by either their church or youth group. Honestly, some of the comments I've read here are the exact same types of comments I hear from friends of mine that most people would call "Jesus freaks" for good reason. I think way too many kids have a misconstrued reality of what being a Christian is supposed to be about.

Fat Mike is an asshole (that's part of his charm), but I don't blame Fat Mike for having beef with Underoath when reportedly, Underoath has a couple of homophobes in the band.

I think the best advice I could give some of you guys is to make friends with anyone that has a good heart, whether they have your same religious background or come from a different background. Learn more by being open-minded. If you have the opportunity to go to college, please do so as that will open up your mind even more. I'm betting that most of you are in middle school or high school.

xFueledByParamorex, I think you got a lot of growing up to do. It seems like you've been convinced to follow the exact same path as many others do and say and think things that are forced upon you by either your parents, church, or youth group. Don't be afraid to take the world in on your own, Jesus wouldn't condemn you for it. Also, I suggest you don't force yourself unto others like I've noticed you trying to do on this forum (which is obviously becoming an annoyance to some). People don't have to follow your exact same path to have a relationship with God or make it to heaven.

xFueledByParamorex, I know you mean well and are likely a very good hearted person. However, there's just so much more you can learn about the world around you to make yourself a much well-rounded person. I'd hate for you to be another product of what's wrong in Christianity today.

Word.

Torres, you make some really good points. All of which I've heard before, and some of which I agree with, to a certain extent.

I'm not going to say anything yet, I'm just curious to know what your faith/religion is and how you came to believe in it.

And if you've ever read the bible? Don't worry, I'm not going to start quoting it or anything like that, I'm just genuinely curious to know.

I beleive exactly with what torres said, but also can I point out a few things.

NOT EVERYONE IS CHRISTIAN! Fat Mike and I aren't christian, we don't go to Warped Tour or a concert in general to be brainwashed into liking Jesus, to be honest, I find it rude when This Provinence is saying that Jesus is our savior, Jesus certainly not MY savior. I don't think anyone has the right to tell me who I should beleive. People need to open up to the multi-cultural world and look outside your church window, look, not everyone beleives in Jesus. Actually, the majority of the world's population doesn't beleive in Jesus.

I'm saying that if I went on Warped Tour, though I'm not Muslim, and said Praise Allah, Allah is your savior, I bet some people would get pissed. Most likely, in the world we currently live in, I would be afraid to be Muslim and talk about my religion because I know most people would give me a dirty look or wouldn't bring attention to my band. I think that Jesus Freaks can get away with this and that it is a real shame and is bringing down concerts and tours.

I'd like to state I'm not against Bible study in a group, actually, I'm completly for it and I think you should practice your religion in private, PRIVATE.

As for Underoath being homophobes, they need to open their eyes, see that it is NOT a choice, and should except gays as equals.

Wow that's a long post!

-Ian

^ Wow...I think you posted that 4 times.

Hahaha.

Yeah...the boards been lagging lately, its all good. =)

As for the whole, practising your religion in private, CHRISTIANS believe that God is their saviour. And in doing this, they believe that people who do not believe in God are wrong and therefore need to be saved. By saying at concerts and whatnot that 'God is our saviour,' it doesn't mean they're trying to brainwash you. It means they're trying to SHOW you what THEY believe is the right. They're not forcing you to believe. You don't need to pay attention to what people say about religion. Its a personal choice, and if you say God doesn't exist well...good for you. But bands like This Providence and The Almost are trying to help those people who may be touched by the message.

And despite the fact that it may or may not be true to you, speaking as somebody who used to hate christianity and all that it stood for, I think its pretty darn nice that people are trying to help complete STRANGERS believe in what they believe in and get to heaven..or...what they think will get them to heaven.

However, I will admit that a lot of Christians have become a tad aggressive with their faith. I've got gay friends. I don't think abortion should be made illegal. And I'm not a huge Bush fan. So why am I defending my faith? Because I believe in it. And really, thats what I'm doing, thats what you're all doing, standing up for what you believe in. Even if it is straying a little bit off the road it should be on.

Aaand, that sounded like a corny movie. haha. Sorry.

//Edit: Sorry if I came off strong, I didn't mean to offend anybody by it. This probably isn't the best place to discuss religion either. Haha. If anybody wants to chat about it or anything, feel free to PM me. I like disucssing religion and listening to other people's points of view. It helps me assess and eventually strengthen my own faith.

I beleive exactly with what torres said, but also can I point out a few things.

NOT EVERYONE IS CHRISTIAN! Fat Mike and I aren't christian, we don't go to Warped Tour or a concert in general to be brainwashed into liking Jesus, to be honest, I find it rude when This Provinence is saying that Jesus is our savior, Jesus certainly not MY savior. I don't think anyone has the right to tell me who I should beleive. People need to open up to the multi-cultural world and look outside your church window, look, not everyone beleives in Jesus. Actually, the majority of the world's population doesn't beleive in Jesus.

I'm saying that if I went on Warped Tour, though I'm not Muslim, and said Praise Allah, Allah is your savior, I bet some people would get pissed. Most likely, in the world we currently live in, I would be afraid to be Muslim and talk about my religion because I know most people would give me a dirty look or wouldn't bring attention to my band. I think that Jesus Freaks can get away with this and that it is a real shame and is bringing down concerts and tours.

I'd like to state I'm not against Bible study in a group, actually, I'm completly for it and I think you should practice your religion in private, PRIVATE.

As for Underoath being homophobes, they need to open their eyes, see that it is NOT a choice, and should except gays as equals.

Wow that's a long post!

-Ian

Wow. Dan from This Providence wasn't telling anybody what to do. I'm going to say right now that I'm not being defensive and I don't want to start a fight. He said Jesus was "our savior" as in THE BAND'S SAVIOR, not everybody at the concerts savior. He said he loved Jesus and that he was sorry for those "Sunday Christians" (that's my personal terminology) you know, those who do whatever they want and act horrible all week but act all high and mighty on Sunday because dangit, they're a "good Christian". I don't think that's any different from somebody in a band going up and saying "Hey I love my Mom and she's made my life amazing and full of love, and I'm sorry to those of you with bad moms."

It wouldn't matter if he had gone up there and thanked Jesus and Allah and God and every other diety known to man, somebody would still rag on him. This is why religion is not allowed in school, because even if we try and include everybody, somebody still feels left out.

Torres, I totally agree with pretty much everything you've said. It is good to share your faith with those in your same religion, but it's also very important to branch out and experience life with every kind of person so we don't become blind to others.

Actually. The singers words were "Jesus is all of our saviors, and he should be yours too." He was very strong and ridiculously straight forward, as for The Almost, Aaron was actually not that bad, he basically said "I know you don't want to hear me ramble about Jesus, but I want to thank him for making this night as amazing for me as I would hope for you." Now that is fine with me, he was casual, not preaching like This Provinence was.

And me ragging on him just shows that he shouldn't even speak about religion, that's why it isn't in our schools, because

A/ Most of it is plain nonsence conjurd up by some monks in a cave 200 years ago simply to make a scapegoat for their problems to use for the next 1000 years.

B/ There are so many religions that it can't be fair for all.

C/ Do you truly beleive in heaven, it is almost like we are in the middle ages, living for heaven. Well if you haven't gotten the memo, you should be living for today, you shouldn't curse, fight, drink. SIN! It sounds rediculous but once your dead, no matter if you beleive in heaven or not, you will never be able to expierence life the same way ever again. Plus, hell seems nice. :D

well as christians we wanna tell other people what we believe that why god keeps up here on earth well tell u about jesus and if u dont dont choose w/e we move on it our job 2 tell u about jesus not give u save that all cause if jesus didnt want us 2 tell people then we would get save then just go to heaven so the true way 2 do it is to tell people and then let them decide and accept them for w/e they choose and just love them

well as christians we wanna tell other people what we believe that why god keeps up here on earth well tell u about jesus and if u dont dont choose w/e we move on it our job 2 tell u about jesus not give u save that all cause if jesus didnt want us 2 tell people then we would get save then just go to heaven so the true way 2 do it is to tell people and then let them decide and accept them for w/e they choose and just love them

PLEASE LEARN TO USE GRAMMER!!!! I can't understand a word of that!!

Actually. The singers words were "Jesus is all of our saviors, and he should be yours too." He was very strong and ridiculously straight forward, as for The Almost, Aaron was actually not that bad, he basically said "I know you don't want to hear me ramble about Jesus, but I want to thank him for making this night as amazing for me as I would hope for you." Now that is fine with me, he was casual, not preaching like This Provinence was.

And me ragging on him just shows that he shouldn't even speak about religion, that's why it isn't in our schools, because

A/ Most of it is plain nonsence conjurd up by some monks in a cave 200 years ago simply to make a scapegoat for their problems to use for the next 1000 years.

B/ There are so many religions that it can't be fair for all.

C/ Do you truly beleive in heaven, it is almost like we are in the middle ages, living for heaven. Well if you haven't gotten the memo, you should be living for today, you shouldn't curse, fight, drink. SIN! It sounds rediculous but once your dead, no matter if you beleive in heaven or not, you will never be able to expierence life the same way ever again. Plus, hell seems nice. :D

Your rebuttal was nonsense because I wasn't defending religion, I was just trying to defend Dan and his freedom of speech. Please learn how to spell and use proper grammar if you're going to try and get into a battle of wits with me, which isn't even what I intended. I'm not trying to attack you but I don't think that you even bothered to understand where I was coming from. All I wanted to say was it's his band and he can say whatever he feels like, and that no matter what he says, somebody will rag on him about it. Nobody can please everybody, plain and simple. I'm really not trying to fight with you, it's just that you're being so narrow-minded and trying to turn this into a fight. Let's just drop this now because it's obviously not going to get either one of us anywhere. If you feel the need to carry on, PM me, but we don't need to drag this out in front of everybody and create drama on here when there's no reason for it.