MTV Live at the Hard Rock Cafe 7-17-07

ok so the show was sooo good, but it seemed kinda short, i don't know if it was just me. it went by so fast.

it’s probably going to air in october.

anywaysss, i got in line around 11:30 and we had to move down the street a little INTO THE SUN, it was horrible. i got to hear them play misery business during soundcheck when i went to the bathroom inside the restaurant. but besides that, it was a looooong day waiting.

DSC01398.jpg

around 5 i was going to go across the street to starbucks and everyone was looking at something so i turned around to see what it was and they were doing an interview on top of the hard rock cafe sign in the front. they started waving to us and hayley told us that we rocked lol. then they took a few pictures and went back inside.

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

i love that one ^ zac was bending over then jeremy started beating on his back and then hayley leaned back onto zac's head.

DSC01394.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

we were all scared zac was gonna fall back

while we were in line the camera people came out and was taking videos if the line. he went passed and i waved. i was next to a girl that wrote riot! all over her arms, and they like moved the camera up and down on her to see all of it and i was standing right next to her so maybe i'll be on tv.

they let us in at 8 and i got a pretty good spot in front of hayley a few people back and i could see pretty well. about 20 minutes before the show began this guy from mtv came on stage and told us that we couldn't take any pictures with flash, but we could use our phones and then send those pictures to this number for this thing they're doing with all our pictures. then he told us he wanted us to sing along to two songs and they were gonna tape it for extra footage i guess. they played through the first chorus of misery business and crushcrushcrush. he was smiling the whole time because everyone was singing so loud and dancing and stuff and you could tell the crowd was gonna be crazy when they actually started. so when we finished with that, we had to wait a little bit longer, and then we heard the little mariachi band music. here's the set list:

misery business

emergency

here we go again

that's what you get

for a pessimist

hallelujah

franklin

let the flames begin

crushcrushcrush

born for this

encore:

woah

pressure

when they started everyone started moving around so much it was insane. i got moved back a lot, so when they started playing for a pessimist i just left and went to the back to get some videos and pictures. i was kind of upset that they didn't play my heart, but franklin was AMAZING. it was a nice little surprise. hayley was like "we realized we didn't have a slow song to play for you tonight so we thought we'd do an older one." all in all it was a great show and i can't wait to see it on mtv.

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

then downstairs near the restaurant they have this wall of guitars that all these bands have signed like aar and the academy is, and now there's one with paramore!

DSC01408.jpg

videos soon

edit: sorry i didn't take many pictures during the actual show. from where i was in the back it was a hard target to focus on, and in the crowd i could barely hold the camera still lol

VIDEOS!!!

http://www.paramorefans.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5760

oooooh, thanks so much for posting :D

sounds like you had a great time. love the pictures. i really like the ones of them doing the interview outside, haha. it does look as though zac is going to fall off the barrier thingy. i was like, ahh, when i first looked at it.

that's great that they played franklin! yay! did everybody know the words to that one aswell?

can i stick those photos up in the gallery by the way? giving you full credit! lemme know.

OMG!!! thanks for posting!!! those pics are wonderful...

october is such a long time away.. urgg.. lol.. i didn't TAI had a MTV LIVE

performance..

you're so lucky you got to go!!!

omg, zac look like he was gonna fall.. that would of put a damper on everything!!!! thankies he didn't fall!!!

oooooh, thanks so much for posting :D

sounds like you had a great time. love the pictures. i really like the ones of them doing the interview outside, haha. it does look as though zac is going to fall off the barrier thingy. i was like, ahh, when i first looked at it.

that's great that they played franklin! yay! did everybody know the words to that one aswell?

can i stick those photos up in the gallery by the way? giving you full credit! lemme know.

yeah they knew the words

and of course you can put them in the gallery! hah

MY REVIEW:

I won tickets and took the train from Boston stayed in NY for 3 days and i got meet and greeeeeeeet and i have a pic with them the meet and greet was sad it was like HI how are you, take a pic.. BYE lol. it was saddd but i think it was bc of MTV not like paramores choice.. heres the pic. i dont have show pics bc of the flash issue but i dominated the barricade and just enjoyed the show

l_26bd0237214fc5e2a1cd2cfbfec45b4a.jpg

before the show started they had to tape us singing the chorus to misery business and crushcrushcrush. they made us take out our phones for the crushcrushcrush chorus because they said they were taping a commercial for verizon (i guess crushcrushcrush will be the song for it)

soo we had a great position in front of jeremy. dominating the barricade they started with the mirachi music and BAM into misery business, then emergency,hayley said we were the best crowd they've ever had in NY.. i think it was because lauren and i were there personally haha.. but thats just me. she bumped into jeremy at one point and made a funny face it was hilarious haha. then here we go again (w/ the at the drive in one armed siccors break down ending), that's what you get, then hayley wanted us to shout the name of their new album ("RIOT!")then For a pessimist im pretty optimistic, Hallelujah, Franklin (we sang that soo loud for nashville Tn haha the lyrics kidna got messed up by hayley and us it was cute), let the flames begin, (which had a kick ass head banging instrumental performance into the next song) CRUSHCRUSCRUSH, Born for this,(i was nowhere near ready for them to leave) & a 2 song encore of Woah where they were too impressed by our energy to ask us to give them more they just hoped we had enough energy left for the last song of pressure. i wish josh and jeremy did the flip in pressure but jeremys bass strap broke =[ oh well hes a cutie. haha.

so basically during all these songs lauren and me were getting filmed by the camera dudes because we rock out extra hard ya know? haha soo like he would film as getting all into the songs. we didnt look at him because your suppose to watch the show ya know? soo tahts why i think he filmed us. he had the camera on us for liek a full verse of franklin and a few other songs too. hopefully we didnt screw up the lyrics that would suck on tv haha. so yeah taht was our mtv debut. i didnt do the show justice at all. haha. like you seriously had to be there it was like seriously their best performance ive ever seen of them and this was my 5th time seeing them. they've just grown soo much as a band and have become alot tighter. amazing experience and im soo happy i got a chance to go in.

This is a random question.. but for the people who went: Why did Hayley laugh when she was turning the mic back around to face her after letting the audience sing during Franklin? I can't tell what happened from watching the videos on youtube..

I wasn't there, but I know she laughed because the audience forgot the words to the song halfway through. :P

holy poo, that concert was amazing.

hayley was like you guys are amazing

like you know how during woah, they always stop and say ok you guys can do

better, shes like honestly, you guys dont need to do better, your already amazing!

uh it was great.

i got the first set list, caused i asked evan for it before they started playing

which was great!

Okay, so here it goes. I took a bus from Philadelphia to New York at 8. I arrived at New York around 10:30 or so. When I got there I went to the line and there was already about 15 people there. I really didn't care because I had the meet and greet. To kill time I walked down to the MTV studios and took pictures of Paramore on the windows. And yes, I know pictures have already been posted, haha.

IMG_2163.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

After that I went back and line and pretty much did nothing. After a couple of hours I went into the box office and picked up my meet and greet tickets. They were just regular tickets but they had a little pink star stamped on them. Then after awhile I went across the street and I seen Paramore on top of the Hard Rock Cafe thing. It looks like they were doing some kind of interview for the show. So I took some pictures.

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Yeah, pretty cool. So then I went back in line and a camera guy was taping the line. I just waved at the camera, haha. At around 7:10 a guy came out and asked for all of the meet and greet people. He directed us inside and then to these stairs where everyone waited for the meet in greet. Everyone had to form three lines on the stairs and we waited for a good while before we could go inside these doors where Paramore was. They took 10 people at a time and I was within the first 10 people. To be honest the meet and greet was kind of disappointing. Paramore was just lined up against a wall and a lady took our picture with them. There was barely anytime to talk to them, but Hayley said it was good to see me, so that made my day, haha. I would post my picture with them but I look kind of horrible, lol. So then we went down these stairs to the stage. I was the second person to get to the stage so I got to choose where I wanted to go so I went where Josh was going to be. Then everyone started to fill in. And there was these 2 screens and you could text message to this number and your text would appear on the screen and there was like battles between people going on, haha. It was great. After awhile a guy came out and explained the rules and what not. Then we sang the first parts of Misery Business and crushcrushcrush for a commercial I think he said. It was great, everyone was screaming their lungs out to the songs. Then after awhile Paramore came out. The crowd was INSANE. I loved it. The band was SO energetic and it was defiantly the fun est Paramore show I have ever been to. Here are some pictures I took during the show. They didn't come out the way I wanted them to, but they're decent.

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

At the end of the show Zac threw his drumsticks into the crowd and one was coming towards me and everyone like attacked it and someone stabbed it into my eye, but they said sorry. So no hard feelings, haha. And everyone around me was so nice and they helped me pick up my things on the floor. When I left I wanted to wait outside for Paramore to come out, but I had to make my 11 o'clock bus home. So I waited a little bit but then I had to leave. So that is that. Thanks if you read it! And I can't wait until it airs on TV in October. It was such an amazing show! And I have to post the rest of my pictures in another post.