New LJ Post from Hayley

The only thing I don't get... If they're doing all this press stuff, then where is it? Wouldn't we be seeing more of it?

I'm not being confrontational, I just genuinely don't understand, lol.

A lot of it is with local papers and magazines and the like that are in the town they're in...if you sign up for Google alerts for "paramore", you'll see a decent amount of it...we don't post everything on the news page because it would just be overwhelming and, tbh, it is sort of repetitive. I don't know how they answer the same questions day after day after day, but they definitely do.

Also, look in the LJ community - there's like 3 posts there from webzines that have interviews with them this weekend...

If you ask me, this is one of the more interactive bands out there. Sure, they may not be able to stop and chat like they used to, but they're on the internet themselves (not a TM) and updating us with what's going on in their neck of the woods. They could always not do that, I'm sure that'll give them more down time to themselves, but they're on weekly (or bi-weekly) updating us with what's happening.

I know it's different to actually see them in person and have a small conversation about random things-- definitely a good memory for you to look back on. But, honestly, there are some bands out there that don't use the internet as a tool to get involved with their fans, don't have meet and greets, and don't leave their dressing room before or after a show for any of their fans. Paramore does all of those things. Right now is just a hard time for them to juggle everything, but they do fit in the time to meet us. I mean, Hayley even posted why they weren't able to stop-- she didn't have to. She could've just brushed the comments off if she really didn't care about how we felt or what we thought of them anymore. And she posted twice about it (I'm including the deleted one)! If you ask me, that shows that the band doesn't want to us to feel like we're insignificant; quite the opposite actually. If they felt any differently towards us, then there would be a very big change of behavior at signings-- they wouldn't be smiling or laughing.

So yeah... that's my little tangent.

If you ask me, this is one of the more interactive bands out there. Sure, they may not be able to stop and chat like they used to, but they're on the internet themselves (not a TM) and updating us with what's going on in their neck of the woods. They could always not do that, I'm sure that'll give them more down time to themselves, but they're on weekly (or bi-weekly) updating us with what's happening.

I know it's different to actually see them in person and have a small conversation about random things-- definitely a good memory for you to look back on. But, honestly, there are some bands out there that don't use the internet as a tool to get involved with their fans, don't have meet and greets, and don't leave their dressing room before or after a show for any of their fans. Paramore does all of those things. Right now is just a hard time for them to juggle everything, but they do fit in the time to meet us. I mean, Hayley even posted why they weren't able to stop-- she didn't have to. She could've just brushed the comments off if she really didn't care about how we felt or what we thought of them anymore. And she posted twice about it (I'm including the deleted one)! If you ask me, that shows that the band doesn't want to us to feel like we're insignificant; quite the opposite actually. If they felt any differently towards us, then there would be a very big change of behavior at signings-- they wouldn't be smiling or laughing.

So yeah... that's my little tangent.

Well said.

aww man

i dnt like this, its like theyre attacking them :(

and can someone repost that video please? its been taken down :(

It's like who is attacking who? I'm confused...the band's definitely not attacking the person who made the post...if you read back through the comments on the lj community post, you'll see the person who posted it apologizing to the band and Hayley basically telling her no worries and she shouldn't feel bad about posting what she did...

As for the video, I don't have it, but it was literally like one second long and featured Josh looking away for a second while someone was taking a picture...only they were taking a video instead...

^I think he meant that fans were attacking the band, not the band attacking the fans.

And on that remark, yeah, it kind of sucks. What I think is hilarious and all-telling is (and Hayley lightly mentioned this too) that many of those "nay-sayers" were anonymous. How cowardly! If you're going to say something negative, then you ought to have the balls to post it with a name. A few people did have enough guts to do that and I can respect them for that because they posted how they felt with their LJ name and not some cop-out anonymous tag. I mean, that is so yellow-bellied!

I'm not trying to knock anyone down, but if you want to do that to the band, then at least have a name to boot and not some sissy, little anonymous cover-up. That's so two-faced because they're trying to protect their reputation while knocking a band they "love" down.

I guess that's what I got out of reading the origin of Hayley's post. Haha, and I especially loved Clowdia's post somwhere in there-- something about those kids crapping their pants when they saw that the band replied to their comment! Haha! That was classic, I'm not gonna lie.

^Haha, my bad. Sorry.

EDIT: I changed it.

And I agree, some of those anonymous posts were just terrible, but then I laughed after I read what they band had to say about it when they replied. Haha. Like when someone asked how they found out so quickly, I think they said "We have internet access on our bus. Heh." Haha! I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes after I read that.

I don't know, I just find it sad that the band had to defend themselves. They should never have to defend themselves when they didn't do anything wrong. It just goes to show that they feel that fighting for their fans is a priority to them. So all those people saying that they don't care about their fans anymore, they just need to read this and realize that they do care.

^Yeah, it is sad that they have to worry about this sort of thing happening right when everything is at it's busiest and craziest time for them. Y'know it's like someone is at their most vulnerable state when they're transitioning, so I'm sure they need our support more than ever 'cause they're embarking on a stage where they've never really been before. I know I'd be buggin', haha.

Guest chriz

its just sad that some people go and thins bad about a band because they are busy .... you cant always give everybody what they want ...

If they would think they are to good for the fans then they would have never started talking to anyone...

the whole thing is starting to get a tad annoying. everybody over there seems to feel the need to suck up their arse and post an entry on the community with their opinion on the situation, just because they know the band will probably read it.

if they wanted to post their views, they should have just went back and typed it up in the original post.. not start another debate on the matter. it's a bit much. dunno why, but it's just bugged me. you go over there and refresh for a new post and there are about a million of the same ones with the same crap in them.

^I think he meant that fans were attacking the band, not the band attacking the fans.

And on that remark, yeah, it kind of sucks. What I think is hilarious and all-telling is (and Hayley lightly mentioned this too) that many of those "nay-sayers" were anonymous. How cowardly! If you're going to say something negative, then you ought to have the balls to post it with a name. A few people did have enough guts to do that and I can respect them for that because they posted how they felt with their LJ name and not some cop-out anonymous tag. I mean, that is so yellow-bellied!

I'm not trying to knock anyone down, but if you want to do that to the band, then at least have a name to boot and not some sissy, little anonymous cover-up. That's so two-faced because they're trying to protect their reputation while knocking a band they "love" down.

I guess that's what I got out of reading the origin of Hayley's post. Haha, and I especially loved Clowdia's post somwhere in there-- something about those kids crapping their pants when they saw that the band replied to their comment! Haha! That was classic, I'm not gonna lie.

haha thanks.

those anonymous people were pissing me off....i replied to a few of them cuz at least have the friggin guts to be yourself and not be anonymous.

eh....i mean fame and publicity happens to every good band.

there's really no way of avoiding it if you make amazing music thats tons of ppl love. its bound to catch the attention of the public eye.

basically it all just boils down to "how" a band deals with all the press and publicity. and i strongly think that paramore handles it very well.

they realize they're quickly becoming more and more of a household name, but still appreciate the fans and how far we've helped them in their musical career.

afterall "WE" (the fans), are the ones who helped bring all this mainstream attention. so if there's even anyone to blame than it's us lol.

but personally, i couldn't be happier with how things are turning out for them :]