Paramore, Kerrang! and Sexist Treatment

hey guys, i hope nobody takes this as spam, or me trying to do some kind of self promotion, but basically, i write for this website/magazine called Felix and I just wrote a piece (well, more of a rant) on the abundance of sexism in the music press, based around Paramore's treatment in Kerrang! magazine in the UK.

I love this band so much, and this topic really sickens me, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Here is the article.

please let me know what you think

thanks!

alex

xo

that was AMAZING! i agree with you so much

and i love that hayley is such a good role model

seriously, you couldn't ask for a better person to look up to

she's not selfish or conceited, she never forgets that paramore IS a band, she doesn't degrade herself by wearing skanky outfits, and she always seems like such a nice, down to earth, intelligent person.

it's horrible that kerrang! is taking advantage of her like that

she's not selfish or conceited, she never forgets that paramore IS a band, she doesn't degrade herself by wearing skanky outfits, and she always seems like such a nice, down to earth, intelligent person.

i agree!!!

&great job on the article!

I'm glad you did this article mate. It frustrates me how in every single band, the lead singer is forced to take the role as leader and often abuses that (Adam Lazzara is an example, as well as Gerard Way). Hayley's just doing her job, the job all lead singers have, which is to take the lead and stuff, but Kerrang just exploit the fact she's a girl to have a pop at them. If Gerard Way was a girl he'd get 10x more shit than Hayley and Paramore.

Dude are you the same Alex Davies from Manchester that used to post on the Coheed board many moons ago?

haha, i sure am.

and thankyou for all your feedback. it's just so annoying getting excited about a paramore cover story, only to have them just slag the band off and exploit hayley, every single time. I just needed to get it into words haha

I'm glad you did this article mate. It frustrates me how in every single band, the lead singer is forced to take the role as leader and often abuses that (Adam Lazzara is an example, as well as Gerard Way). Hayley's just doing her job, the job all lead singers have, which is to take the lead and stuff, but Kerrang just exploit the fact she's a girl to have a pop at them. If Gerard Way was a girl he'd get 10x more shit than Hayley and Paramore.

But I always thought Gerard was cool :???: Explain!

totally agree. Kerrang just place bits and bobs into their mag about Paramore, just so we buy it, they get the money. Then to find it's little one liners, or articles filled with crap that portrays the band badly. Paramore's the only reason I sometimes buy Kerrang, otherwise that I hate the mag.

i think they mean how he takes charge in interviews/photoshoots and is the centre of attention in the band.

which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but is what Hayley gets pretty much ridiculued for, because shes female.

Yeah that is what I meant, I didn't mean to say Gerard Way is like, an idiot or anything, I just meant he takes the lead.

totally agree. Kerrang just place bits and bobs into their mag about Paramore, just so we buy it, they get the money. Then to find it's little one liners, or articles filled with crap that portrays the band badly. Paramore's the only reason I sometimes buy Kerrang, otherwise that I hate the mag.

Definately.

And she's the lead singer, of course she's gonna have alot to say lol.

I like Gerard! The whole of MCR just seem like cool, slightly wierd guys.

Definately.

And she's the lead singer, of course she's gonna have alot to say lol.

I like Gerard! The whole of MCR just seem like cool, slightly wierd guys.

haha.t hey are weird. yet awesome dudes.

gerard tends to get all the attention and not the rest of the band wich is a shame considering how talented they are.

and hayley too. the whole band is talented not just hayley.and becuz she is a girl she gets wayyy more attention then a average frontleader should.

kerrang is sexist and hypocrytes. they bash paramore but use hayley as publicity.

i think there just mad considering there is nuthin wrong with hayley for them to get her on so they make up random crap.

haha.t hey are weird. yet awesome dudes.

gerard tends to get all the attention and not the rest of the band wich is a shame considering how talented they are.

and hayley too. the whole band is talented not just hayley.and becuz she is a girl she gets wayyy more attention then a average frontleader should.

kerrang is sexist and hypocrytes. they bash paramore but use hayley as publicity.i think there just mad considering there is nuthin wrong with hayley for them to get her on so they make up random crap.

Couldn't have out it better!!! It's sad really...