i wonder...

xmurderxlovex

You missed the point entirely, it's the poeple that aren't fans for the music that bug us, not those who are.

We don't care if they aren't complete Parawhores, just if they claim to love them simply because of the hype and not the music itself, so if you're gonna have a go, at least look at the whoe picture first.

Oh, so people who say "I love paramore! But I don't like their music!" bug you? I see.

I wasn't aware people like that existed. Loving a band, but not the actual music they put out? That's quite retarded. What do they love the band for then?

And I still stand by this statement.

A lot of you sound very bitter about Paramore making it big and them not being this little group that that only you and not to many people knew about.

i'm gonna have to agree with you...i mean idc if other ppl like paramore (even though, i wish they weren't getting as big as they are) but if they just like em bececase of miz biz, i mean srsly can you call yourself a fan?? idk thats my opinion and im not trying to offend anyone..i mean pick up their new albu, or AWKIF if your really interested in their music. i just hate that ppl depend on TRL/MTV to discover "new" bands....

Hey, every band's bound to get new fans as they release new albums and get 'bigger', and even if these new fans only start off liking one song, there's the chance they'll start listening to their other songs and start loving them even more as a result, and so the cycle goes on.

I think some of us need to learn to share our Paramore. :P

Hey, every band's bound to get new fans as they release new albums and get 'bigger', and even if these new fans only start off liking one song, there's the chance they'll start listening to their other songs and start loving them even more as a result, and so the cycle goes on.

I think some of us need to learn to share our Paramore. :P

agreed.

Yeah, I mean, I'm okay if Misery Business was the first song that people have heard and THEN they go on to new stuff but it does kind of bother me that people only buy Misery Business off of iTunes or whatever and then that's it, that's all they know.

I agree with Jammer--you can't keep Paramore all to yourself, wether some people like it or not, they are going to be big--and the1--how can we expect all these new fans to become parawhores over night? It gradually grows on you.

Wow. :roll:

I'm sure the band would be thrilled to hear some of their "fans" think that way about them.

okay first of all you totally have it twisted and your rude comments are really pissing me off..i was going to explain myself better but why should i..your not worth my time.. =]

EDIT: this is gonna bother me until i explain what i really meant so here it goes..

okay i have been a fan of paramores every since i got AWKIF in 2005 well since being with them from the beginning and watching them grow as people and as a band its been awesome! some ppl dont get to do that and just see that they get from MTV and to me that isn't aa fun? (i cant think of a better word) so when i've tried to tell ppl about paramore they just shrugg their shoulders and dont even bother to go listen to them..but once they hit TRL its like OMGZZZ HAVE U HEARD MIZ BIZ?? PARAMORE IS AMaZING!! and im like well yeah i told you about them three years ago..thats what pisses me off more than anything and i know that they are so proud of Riot! and seeing that it has really made me talk to kids that ive never talked to at school before because we share an intrest in paramore. and i will GLADLY SHARE PARAMORE with other ppl and tell them about AWKIF and tell them everything i know about paramore because they deserve EVERYTHING!! i just wish that ppl would take the time and learn about music on their own and not rely on TRL and MTV..so i doubt any one will read this but it makes me feel a little bit better since i've cleared that up....and hopefully ShapeShifter will get off my case now...

EDIT EDIT:oh and btw whats up with the quotation marks around fan?? who the hell do you think you are to judge me w/o knowing me??? wow you have alot of nerve...and i never get like this but once someone stars questioning my feelings about paramore i get a little offensive

I didn't twist your words one bit.

And as for your explanation, I know where you're coming from. I was an Evanescence fan before they blew up.

i just wish that ppl would take the time and learn about music on their own and not rely on TRL and MTV..

But you see, people hear a single on the radio, or MTV or whatever, and they like it, doesn't mean they have to automatically learn all about the band. Maybe they didn't like the song that much to explore more about the band. Maybe they'll be a casual fan. I know I am, of alot of bands. I hear new singles all the time, I like alot of them, but not all of them enough to automatically find out there entire history. Although I was with Paramore, after I came across acoustic Pressure on youtube. I had to hear more and learn more about them. Lots of people won't have that reaction though, maybe they'll be a casual fan, and that ain't so bad. imo.

edit. I used quotation marks because I don't know alot of fans who would not want their favorite band to grow their listening audience. But you've explained yourself, I don't doubt your not a fan on Paramore.

I didn't twist your words one bit.

And as for your explanation, I know where you're coming from. I was an Evanescence fan before they blew up.

But you see, people hear a single on the radio, or MTV or whatever, and they like it, doesn't mean they have to automatically learn all about the band. Maybe they didn't like the song that much to explore more about the band. Maybe they'll be a casual fan. I know I am, of alot of bands. I hear new singles all the time, I like alot of them, but not all of them enough to automatically find out there entire history. Although I was with Paramore, after I came across acoustic Pressure on youtube. I had to hear more and learn more about them. Lots of people won't have that reaction though, maybe they'll be a casual fan, and that ain't so bad. imo.

edit. I used quotation marks because I don't know alot of fans who would not want their favorite band to grow their listening audience. But you've explained yourself, I don't doubt your not a fan on Paramore.

yes, a casual fan..i think everyone is to some bands. i am too. =] but its just hard like i said being a fan from the get go and the all the sudden they are on TRL everyone at your school knows about them and its just hard for it all to happen so quick...and back to the TRL thing...i know like i said idc that other ppl like them, thats great!! but when they say that paramore is their new favorite band im just like oh cool, what other songs do you like and then they are like well ive never listened to any other ones before...thats the whole thing i meant about being a real fan..i dont expect them to know everything about them when they are first discovering them...i sure as heck didnt and im still to this day finding more and more about them...idk its just a hard situation for me, but i love paramore always and forever no matter how many fans they have how many shows they sell out how much they wont get to hang out after shows, because i have experienced it all before and they were my first true favorite band and thats why it makes it so hard to see them become so big...(idk if much of that made sense)

I understand what you're saying. Like I said, I was a fan of Ev like that before they became absolutley massive. Unfortunatley, things like that happen a lot. A band always has it's core fans from the beginning, and if your one of them it's kinda crazy watching them get really big.

Now lets just hope Hayley doesn't pull an Amy and become a total egotistical bitch who kicks and chases all the band members out. :P

^ haha i dont think hayley would do that and idk why im so worried about this...she has said numerous of times shes never going to forget about the fans that have been there from the beginning..i love her and zac, josh, and jer so muchh...i dont think i'll ever be able to forget about them over something like this...even though this is the same thing that happened with fob...but like you said..i mean its bound to happent to any good band...just fob i feel like pete has let all the fame go to his head.. i mean as much as i dont want to say it and i know it might not happen..you never know.. =/

PlzSpeakSoftly i totally agree with everything you just said.

i very much agree with everything you said. i was doing the same thing with what you were doing about two years ago. i would constantly listen to paramore's music and whenever i go to school. i just cant help but share it with people around me. but all they can say was..."parawho?" or "...so whats your point?" but then the whole MTV happened and now i see people [the samee people who wasnt interested in hearing about them two years ago] are constantly wearing paramore shirts and bragging about how much paramore rocks because of misery business. and i can truly relate to the people who gets frustrated by that because they just jump on the bandwagon and treat it like its a new trend. and thats truly frustrating.

and also with all of the.... "im paramore's number one fan because i love misery business!" i agree that that is just dumb. yes....fans are fans. but dont call yourself a "#1 fan" when thats the only song you know or if hayley is the only band member you know. yess its hard to know the full history of a band when they are just "coming out" but calling yourself #1 doesnt make any sense at all. yes i like some bands who i dont know the full history of or know every single band member. but i dont call myself their number one fan. cuz really whats the reason? besides why should i when all i like are just a few of their songs?

plus it makes the person look like an idiot when people ask them " so do you like riot! or awkif better?" and the person would say..."wait whats awkif?" [believe me i've run into some people who say that]

• Like 1

^haha i agree too. i was a big fan of paramore in like '05 and everybody had no idea who they were, now so many people consider themselves their number 1 fans cause they know misery business. then you get those people who think i've jumped on that bandwagon too, but i've loved them since forever.

aha forsuree.

but i think the reason why lots of people dont like mtv or they dont want their fave underground band to be in the "mainstream" scene is probably because they often compare it to bands who have gone through that same situation. fall out boy, perfect example.

ever since they exploded on trl with "sugar we're going down" people treated that as a new "trend". many times on mtv i've heard different hosts say..."whats hot right now??? fall out boy is!" and obviously pete wentz turned into the most cocky person ever [i think he sometimes forgets that hes in a band with three other people] and their songs/music videos have VERY MUCH changed as well. infinity on high...you got jay-z doing an intro of their single "thriller" or their music video for "this aint a scene, it's an arms race" the first thing you see is them playing in some rap enviroment studio. now if you ask me...that is wayyy wayy different from the types of videos they were making for "take this to your grave" as well as gym class heroes [video for clothes off, a bunch of half naked women parading around the entire video. just like any video we see today]

and people are just worried that fame will have that same effect on paramore. [yes i know that they are very grounded kids and there is a big chance that it'll never happen, but again, you just never know these days.] and many people take it the wrong way when people say they arent liking the fact that paramore is now all over mtv, it doesnt mean that they are being bad fans or they dont want good things to happen to them. cuz im sure they do.

just what stephen christian (anberlin) said.."selling out is when the record label/band decides they need to change their style to whatever is "in" at the moment in order to sell more records/gain more fans.]

^ yay i feel so much better that ppl understand what im saying. no way am i trying to be selfish or upset, like i said numerous times paramore deserves everything..they are amazing time 2957230674685270952..so when ppl question my fandom(is that a word?) haha and say im being selfish im just like woah you totaly misinterpruted(sp?) ahha everything i just said..and it really upsets me as wierd as that may sound

aha forsuree.

but i think the reason why lots of people dont like mtv or they dont want their fave underground band to be in the "mainstream" scene is probably because they often compare it to bands who have gone through that same situation. fall out boy, perfect example.

ever since they exploded on trl with "sugar we're going down" people treated that as a new "trend". many times on mtv i've heard different hosts say..."whats hot right now??? fall out boy is!" and obviously pete wentz turned into the most y person ever [i think he sometimes forgets that hes in a band with three other people] and their songs/music videos have VERY MUCH changed as well. infinity on high...you got jay-z doing an intro of their single "thriller" or their music video for "this aint a scene, it's an arms race" the first thing you see is them playing in some rap enviroment studio. now if you ask me...that is wayyy wayy different from the types of videos they were making for "take this to your grave" as well as gym class heroes [video for clothes off, a bunch of half women parading around the entire video. just like any video we see today]

and people are just worried that fame will have that same effect on paramore. [yes i know that they are very grounded kids and there is a big chance that it'll never happen, but again, you just never know these days.] and many people take it the wrong way when people say they arent liking the fact that paramore is now all over mtv, it doesnt mean that they are being bad fans or they dont want good things to happen to them. cuz im sure they do.

just what stephen christian (anberlin) said.."selling out is when the record label/band decides they need to change their style to whatever is "in" at the moment in order to sell more records/gain more fans.]

exactily what i'm trying to say.

ahah i knoww.

thats what i've always thought about whenever

ppl would bring others down when they just happen to say

something bad about mtv. but i never said anything about it.

but now im glad i did and to see that theres actually some people

who get where im coming from =)

wow krs u made me feel really good :] i was bummed out about my evil friend and her paramore trashing but reading tht i DID ask her a few hours ago on aim: which did u like better? riot! or awkif? and she's like: i liked riot!...and i asked: why riot! i need a reason? what about awkif? wasnt it awesome? and she said: what the heck is awkif?! i said i liked riot! before and i dont like paramore anyway so stop tlking to me...nag nag nag -.- so yeah i made her feel extra stupid...shes back to listening her bubble gum pop music =]

wow krs u made me feel really good :] i was bummed out about my evil friend and her paramore trashing but reading tht i DID ask her a few hours ago on aim: which did u like better? riot! or awkif? and she's like: i liked riot!...and i asked: why riot! i need a reason? what about awkif? wasnt it awesome? and she said: what the heck is awkif?! i said i liked riot! before and i dont like paramore anyway so stop tlking to me...nag nag nag -.- so yeah i made her feel extra stupid...shes back to listening her bubble gum pop music =]

ahaha niice.

but yeah. i totally get what your saying.

i've heard certain people who say a lot of stuff

like that..and it just bugs the hell outta me.

ahah and marcus. that does deserve a sad face. lol

I agree with what you are all saying.

In the last week i have had so many of my friends turn around and say omg jess! Paramore was on the radio i'm like in love with them. -.-

It really annoys the crap outta me.

And this chick ashleigh was always like ewww paramore sounds like some gay band you listen to.

And three days ago she was like i'm like going to paramore's concert and i like love them.. have you heard there first song.. misery buisness. They are a new band.

Errr i hate people like that -.-