Who would win in a singing contest Hayley or Avril

steesh

No Way shud hayley cover any1's song she's an amzing song writer and shud stick to blasting out her own creations

Paramore has already covered two songs-- Hero by Foo Fighters and Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2.

And covering songs isn't bad... it's only bad when the artist covering screws the song up. There are some great covers out there by artists. So it's a compliment in my perspective to say Hayley could cover Etta James because Etta has soul, tone, range, power, and control. I mean, just look at "At Last".

Paramore has already covered two songs-- Hero by Foo Fighters and Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2.

And covering songs isn't bad... it's only bad when the artist covering screws the song up. There are some great covers out there by artists. So it's a compliment in my perspective to say Hayley could cover Etta James because Etta has soul, tone, range, power, and control. I mean, just look at "At Last".

I didnt mean she shud never cover song songs she shud jst continue to aim all her talents at writing more of her own amazing songs

I agree. She shouldn't be covering more than she is creating. That's just lazy on a performer's part.

I honestly think there are very few female vocalists out there that could beat Hayley in a singing competition. Maybe in a height competition, but not in a singing one. Lol.

very few? don't u mean none

Hayley has every credential needed on the part of a singer and a performer.

and i dnt think any1 cud say hayley cud ever be a lazy performer

very few? don't u mean none

Hayley has every credential needed on the part of a singer and a performer.

and i dnt think any1 cud say hayley cud ever be a lazy performer

Well, there are about 6 billion people on the earth, roughly half or more are girls. Have you heard all of the women in the world sing yet? I know I haven't. We can't say that Hayley is unbeatable unless we have heard all of them. There could be a girl out there who has just as amazing of a voice if not better than Hayley's. In the industry right now, there aren't any mainstream artists that could. But I say Stacy DuPree or Christie DuPree (they have beefier, more solid vocals than Sherri) would create two good sing-offs 'cause those two have skills just like Hayley.

If honesty is the best policy I would honestly say that Hayley would win, but not by much. The problem is that artists can and do take advantage of recording studios, not that Paramore has no talent, but perfection is easy to accomplish in a studio. You can all hear that with Avril as well...her songs sound tight on her record, but live she is just awful. And Paramore, from what I've heard lately...is that there sound hasn't been up to par..i.e. they can play pretty damn close to that record of theirs, but touring takes its toll...laziness kicks in, all of sudden notes you know you can hit, don't come out just right, you change melodies to suit that scenario, and its tough to climb out of that hole.

The method to this madness....if on an equal playing field...Hayley's vocals are much better...but, there's the possibility that Avril is just REALLY BAD...and everyone may sound better than her. On a scale of live performances through touring...I would argue that Paramore may not sound great all the time, but their consistency is much better than the other girl...its as if they try.

I hope this opens up more doors to the debate at hand....but for me....QED

^ hmmm everything oyu have said is very true...i know its tough doing alot of shows and hayley gets sick alot and that her voice may not be as strong at some shows, but i know they put their heart and soul into every performance because i know they would never want to let their fans down...and i'll have to admit they didnt sound as great as i've heard them before on warped...but they were still amazing, because their high energy makes you just enjoy the show and have a good time