Who would win in a singing contest Hayley or Avril

steesh

Thorned_lilac-- yeahh i get that avril is more experienced than paramore/ [hayley] but how long has paramore been around? they started playing music at around '05. its only been two years and look how far paramore's gotten.

and just what jozen said...you're listing most of her old songs rather than her new. thats saying a lot. i believe that as the years go by...avrils music just keeps going downhill. yet for paramore its the exact opposite. avril isnt consistent with the music.

its not enough to just have a powerful/amazing voice...if the music/lyrics are crap then the artist reflects upon that.

[and kelly clarkson....she got famous off of american idol. all she had to do was audtion and that was her stardom...paramore worked hard to get to where they are today.]

^ I know we have our opinions!!!! for me, I'll have to admit that Hay sings live great too and also never lip synchs. But the reason I'm saying that Av is better than her is because when she sang with too much emotion plus she's already 5 years in music business, doing concerts and gigs, I have to say that she's more experienced in singing!!!, the outcome of her voice is great!!! she will never be outclassed by Hay!!! that's only Nobody's Home and Slipped Away, Av also played instruments in her other songs such as RUNAWAY, MY HAPPY ENDING, DON'T TELL ME and HE WASN'T,etc... I mean ELECTRIC GUITAR, she can do power chords!!! just search them at youtube because I don't want to waste space here.

But I admit that Hay is learning fast to control her voice!!! good for her!!! If you compare her to Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan, the 2 are no match to Hay. Only Avril, Amy Lee of Evanescence or Kelly Clarkson is in the same level of Hay, Am I right???

ur not saying anything about her new cd. just her old ones.

if this argument was two years ago. i would say its a tie cuz i did really used to luv avril.

but she has no consistency. i mean her new cd. i tried to give it a chance. it did nuthin for me.

and amy lee and hayley and avril. they dont even go together. there two totally differnt styles...

hayley also give emotion in her songs.in every sing song..

but avril doesnt give much emotion unless its the song nobodys home or slipped away...

Thorned_lilac-- yeahh i get that avril is more experienced than paramore/ [hayley] but how long has paramore been around? they started playing music at around '05. its only been two years and look how far paramore's gotten.

and just what jozen said...you're listing most of her old songs rather than her new. thats saying a lot. i believe that as the years go by...avrils music just keeps going downhill. yet for paramore its the exact opposite. avril isnt consistent with the music.

its not enough to just have a powerful/amazing voice...if the music/lyrics are crap then the artist reflects upon that.

[and kelly clarkson....she got famous off of american idol. all she had to do was audtion and that was her stardom...paramore worked hard to get to where they are today.]

I know that Paramore also worked hard to become popular and mainstream. Now they are always shown on MTV!!!

but how bout av, do you think she's just popped up in music business that easy like manufactured Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan or Ashlee Simpson??? hell no!!! way back in 1998, she's still in canada, joined a lot of singing contests. she's lucky enough to win covereing Shania Twain's song. She also worked this hard!!!! They find something uniqueness in her voice plus she's capable of writing decent songs and playing instruments, it's so special to hear that's why she's now singed to Arista in 2001 then have a first album LET GO!!!! they believe that she will ahve a great future and it happens!!! She's too popular now but she's still very HUMBLE to her fans, she never became EGOCENTRIC despite the fact that her level is beyond the sky now!!!

So I listed her old songs. Now I'm going to explain to you why her TBDT album is different compared to her LG and UMS, because like she said in the interviews, she want to experiment something new like being drunk on the sogns GIRLFRIEND and I CAN DO BETTER. She had never made fun before of her past 2 albums. I'm going to admit that the lyrics in TBDT isn't as great as LG and UMS but they are so catchy and playful!!! shows Av's happy and married side!!! still worth BUYING and LISTENING if you have money enough!!! A loyal avril fan like me is still going to support her no matter what happens. Disappointed avril fans are became paramore fans, am I right??? I discovered paramore 2 years ago and I find something special in Hay's voice thats' why I started to like that band, they write great lyrics too. Because Hay reminded me of Avril that time in their first video PRESSURE. In the future, maybe she's better than Avril or who knows???

anyway here's the evidence that Av writes her songs, she's holding a pen and a paper, jsut watch the video!!!

And here's her doing some OLLIE TRICK in SKATEBOARD, you will be impressed!!! haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWokZ5vXHnA

Oh kids, comparing is stupid.

Everyone has their opinion of who's better but I know that the feeling of knowing tht you're compared to somebody else, that ain't fun.

Avril has worked hard and so does Paramore. Myself, I don't like Avril but I in't bashing her because I just don't know anything about her.

Sorry, but I just hate these kind of threads.

Thorned_lilac i think ppl really dont care enough to read all that u wrote. were paramore fans, not avril, u can type up a whole essay on avril i it still will not change my mind (or some other ppl here too)

lol true.

:D

isnt going to change my mind....

I say Hayley, and not just for singing. Avril thinks that maturing is filling your lyrics with loads of needless curse words and getting an explicit content sticker on your album. Paramore music is much better. And don't get me wrong, I love Avril's old stuff, but the new stuff (minus when you're gone) is just bad.

lol i used to be fan of avril when i was like 14 now i just cant stand her so my answer to that question is going to be pretty biest...but i've seen avril 2 live and she has NOTHING on Haylz when it comes to playing with a full band and working the crowd....and she was a little off key in her songs on more than one ocassion when i saw her...and when i saw paramore i actually got blown away how little different hayleys voice is from the record...Avril didnt have that affect on me when i saw her and i was a huuuuge fan back then(unfortunatly)....