Who would win in a singing contest Hayley or Avril

steesh

• 2 weeks later...

^ are you sure jessrawr no meaning, its' only girlfriend, how about her When You're Gone and Innocence, they are meaningful songs!!!!

as well as Let Go and Under My Skin album!!!! Av's voice can really outclassed Hayley's!!! she's more emotional!!!!

And then Avril also plays instruments such as Guitar, Piano and drums!!!! if you look them up at youtube especially her 2005 bonez tour!!! that's her advantage against Hayley!!!

She's really musically/lyrically talented!!!!

^ yea. u have points. but

*avril did sell out on her new cd. there are like 2 meaningful songs (yea i did buy it. i WAS a avril fan)

*hayley can play piano and guitar and her voice has never seem to now impress me. its awesome

* avrils voice really isnt "OMG AMAZING!" its just a nice voice.. i just dont like it live. and i dont think she has as much energy has hayley does live...

* hayleys lyrics all have a lot of meaning to it.

*avril has a "fuck u" attidtude. i dont think she really deeply cars for her fans anymore. hayley like will take pics or sign auto graphs anytime. the only time she cant is wen managers hurry her along.

hayley wins

rockchix93, it's not bad for av to have a "fuck u" attidue, take note that punk bands who influenced her also have that attitude, she only despised the media lies and those papparazzis, but believe me, she cares about her fans, want a proof??? on avrilbandaids.com, the moderators of that site came to meet her personally and give her presents on since her 23rd birthday last September 27, 2007. she's really nice to her fans!!! she appreciate birthday presents!!! she also took pictures, the great thing is there's no papparazzi on that day.

also for those who say that av can't sing live, I can prove your wrong. Don't believe in misconceptions!!! Avril never ever lip synch because she's a sincere performer!!! She despises other girl singers who lip synchs in lvie performances!!!

NOBODY'S HOME -

SLIPPED AWAY -

And tell me what do you think about her voice?? I doubt if Hayley can also sing those songs at the same time playing instruments simultaneously!!!!

Why are we having this conversation? Hayley wins. There's no doubt of that.

Her vocals are much more impressive and can take your breathe away. Avril doesn't have the powerful voice she never did. As for lyrics. Sure, Paramore doesn't have the best lyrics, but neither does Avril. I'd say they're tied in this department, but then Avril's new album came out. And God have mercy on our souls. I mean, it's like she got married and got all the rock fucked right out of her. Avril isn't worth anything post-marriage. Now, you say Avril's better coz she can play and sing at the same time? Anyone can play and sing at the same time especially with the chords of Avril's songs. I'm sure Hayley could do it, not to mention better.

I don't even think this comes down to opinion really. Hayley does have a better singing voice than Avril, she's more dedicated, she's nicer to her fans and her attitude doesn't stink. Hayley is also in a band which writes decent, thoughtful lyrics... unlike Avril now (she used to write decent stuff... not now if you ask me)

i totally agree^^

i actually liked avril's old stuff. but now....its like

she just writes whatever without really putting much

thought into it.

^doesn't she still do that sometimes?

plus, hayley goes out and sings when her throats completely messed up. i bet avril would just cancel stuff without trying.

ahaha. yeahh she does. lol

besides if you already know how to play the guitar..and sing

its not that hard to put both of them together.

yeah thats so true! and even when hayley

is sick...she still sounds amazing and is able

to pull it off everytime...avril would probably be like..."ehh. whatever"

rockchix93, it's not bad for av to have a "fuck u" attidue, take note that punk bands who influenced her also have that attitude, she only despised the media lies and those papparazzis, but believe me, she cares about her fans, want a proof??? on avrilbandaids.com, the moderators of that site came to meet her personally and give her presents on since her 23rd birthday last September 27, 2007. she's really nice to her fans!!! she appreciate birthday presents!!! she also took pictures, the great thing is there's no papparazzi on that day.

also for those who say that av can't sing live, I can prove your wrong. Don't believe in misconceptions!!! Avril never ever lip synch because she's a sincere performer!!! She despises other girl singers who lip synchs in lvie performances!!!

NOBODY'S HOME -

SLIPPED AWAY -

And tell me what do you think about her voice?? I doubt if Hayley can also sing those songs at the same time playing instruments simultaneously!!!!

i dont see why U bother. this is a paramore forum. not an avril one. i dotn care that avril can play an intrument simutaniously (sp) and sing... HAYLEY CAN TOOO!!!!

and i dont see were u going with the "avril never lip synched"

.. uh niether did hayley. she really bores me live, her voice is nuthing spectacular or powerful like hayleys. not too much energy.

avril changed from her old self. did enjoy the "im kinda punk" avril but this new preppy, sold out, avril. not so much.

this is a paramore forum. its dumb trying to convince me how "awesome" avril is or whatever.. cuz i really cant stand her what so ever any more.

^ I know we have our opinions!!!! for me, I'll have to admit that Hay sings live great too and also never lip synchs. But the reason I'm saying that Av is better than her is because when she sang with too much emotion plus she's already 5 years in music business, doing concerts and gigs, I have to say that she's more experienced in singing!!!, the outcome of her voice is great!!! she will never be outclassed by Hay!!! that's only Nobody's Home and Slipped Away, Av also played instruments in her other songs such as RUNAWAY, MY HAPPY ENDING, DON'T TELL ME and HE WASN'T,etc... I mean ELECTRIC GUITAR, she can do power chords!!! just search them at youtube because I don't want to waste space here.

But I admit that Hay is learning fast to control her voice!!! good for her!!! If you compare her to Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan, the 2 are no match to Hay. Only Avril, Amy Lee of Evanescence or Kelly Clarkson is in the same level of Hay, Am I right???

Thorned_lilac I have no idea where you're coming from saying that Avril is the same level as Hayley Williams, Amy Lee, and Kelly Clarkson. She really isn't.

You know, this is the exact reason i left the Avril forums. Too many people are in love with Avril the artist instead of being in love with her music. The fact that you keep sighting her old songs and very few of her new ones just tells me that she's a has-been.